DeGette spokeswoman doubles down on congresswoman’s ignorance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeGette spokeswoman doubles down on congresswoman’s ignorance

GUN RIGHTS

Degette (L) and McCarthy want to ban ... well, they're not quite sure what it is or why...
    Credits:
    This is too funny!
    Democratic Rep. Diana DeGette, a lead sponsor of the federal ban on personal defense-capacity magazines showed a Denver Post forum she doesn’t have a clue as to what it is she wants to ban, and the “clarifying” statement made by her spokeswoman served to confirm the ignorance of both women.
    “I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available,” DeGette claimed when asked how a ban would help reduce violence committed with firearms.
    “Oh no my car is out of gas! I better buy a new gas tank!” commentator “ParkerGuy” posted under the article, wittily illustrating the level of what should be criminal ignorance under which DeGette is operating.
    A spokeswoman trying to deflect well-deserved ridicule and criticism made things worse in an issued statement, calling it “political gamesmanship” by “opponents of common-sense gun violence prevention trying to manipulate the facts to distract from the critical issue of keeping our children safe and keeping killing machines out of the hands of disturbed individuals.
    “The Congresswoman has been working on a high-capacity assault magazine ban for years, and has been deeply involved in the issue,” Juliet Johnson said. “She simply misspoke in referring to ‘magazines’ when she should have referred to ‘clips,’ which cannot be reused because they don’t have a feeding mechanism.
    She's been working on this for years? This correspondent has firearms that use magazines andfirearms that use clips, and has unwittingly been reusing both of them for decades, fortunately without incident!
    This inexcusable incomprehension of the basics illustrates not just arrogant incompetence, and what, in any other profession would be actionable malpractice, but also bigotry, which, rooted in ignorance, manifests itself in fear and hatred.
    Trying to impose such ignorance on us under force of law is nothing new. Many rights advocates will recall Rep. Carolyn McCarthy saying she wanted to ban “shoulder thing that goes up” barrel shrouds, and former New York Assemblywoman Assemblywoman Patricia Eddington claiming she wanted to ban .50 caliber rifles because they shoot an "incendiary...heat seeking device [and] you don’t shoot deer with a bullet that size. If you do, you could cook it at the same time.”
    DeGette’s “relevant” comments occur around 31 minutes into this video.
    DeGette spokeswoman doubles down on congresswoman?s ignorance - National gun rights | Examiner.com

~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Steven Gutowski wrote at CNS that anyone who has ever interacted with a magazine or researched the topic knows they are reusable.
    Twitchy said that DeGette's comment sparked a number of tweets mocking her knowledge of firearms.
    "After I use my AR magazines, can they be used again? Maybe I'll just make something with them, like earrings for mom," tweeted champion lumberjack J. R. Salzman.
    "I managed to get the bullet thing in the magazine thing and get it in the gun thing. Which end is the dangerous end again?" he added.
    "When I squeeze the trigger on my AR, do I have to actually say 'bang' or does the gun do it for me?" heasked in another tweet.
    "Rep DeGette, as a general rule you should have some basic background knowledge of things you want to ban," the Jefferson County Republicans added.
    DeGette's "magazine" comment was not the only controversial thing she said during the forum.
    She laughed off a senior citizen's concern about his ability to defend himself by saying the "DPD would be there in minutes."
    "You'd probably be dead anyway," she added.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

You mean magazines are re-loadable? That must be why I can't buy preloaded magazines. These nut job politicians don't require any knowledge of the bills they push. Good intentions and caring is all they need to attract low information support. Buys votes and keeps them in office.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Here's the clip of her stupid remark about Mag's, she's dumber than a pound of rocks and she's one of the ones who will vote on the subject.

The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

To borrow a line "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    To borrow a line from my wife "She must have the DNA of a rock."

This is irrelevant, but it reminds me of many years ago when office word processing was relatively new. A secretary came to me and wanted to know how to get rid of here boxes of floppy disks because they were "all used up" and she needed new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Protious View Post
    To borrow a line "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    To borrow a line from my wife "She must have the DNA of a rock."
    I think you just insulted rocks.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Don't you just love it when one of these people say something totally stupid and then someone steps up to tell you what they "really" meant?

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    You mean magazines are re-loadable? That must be why I can't buy preloaded magazines. These nut job politicians don't require any knowledge of the bills they push. Good intentions and caring is all they need to attract low information support. Buys votes and keeps them in office.
    The best example is the affordable care act. "We have to enact this legislation so we can read it and see what's in it," Nancy Pelosi. They're elected and paid to understand every issue brought to committee, discussion or vote.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

The Diana DeGette Guide to Gun Safety:

The Diana DeGette Guide to Gun Safety | RMR
    A gun is like a parachute; if you don't have one when you need it, it is unlikely that you will EVER need one again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast