Are you sitting down? A politician lied.

Thread: Are you sitting down? A politician lied.

Talking Are you sitting down? A politician lied.

I know it is hard to believe.

Photo Shows Edwards, Hunter Together At Dallas Tour Stop

POSTED: 6:13 pm CDT August 8, 2008
    UPDATED: 8:05 pm CDT August 8, 2008

FORT WORTH, Texas -- A photograph taken by an NBC 5 employee shows former presidential candidate John Edwards with his videographer, Rielle Hunter, 42, on a stop in Dallas in 2006.

The pair were in North Texas during Edwards' book tour.

Edwards, who won praise and sympathy as he campaigned side-by-side with his cancer-stricken wife, Elizabeth, admitted Friday he had had an extramarital affair with Hunter.

Hunter was working for Edwards producing videos for his campaign.

Edwards said he made a serious error in judgment when he had an affair and is ashamed of his conduct.

In a statement, the former Democratic presidential candidate also said he informed his wife about his affair with Hunter in 2006 and has asked her forgiveness. Edwards said he is not the father of the woman's daughter and is willing to take a test to determine the 5-month-old baby's paternity.

He said the affair lasted for a short time in 2006.

Until Friday, Edwards had denied reports in the National Enquirer that he had an affair while his wife, Elizabeth, was battling cancer. He first admitted to the affair in an interview with ABC News.

Edwards spoke about his affair with Hunter for an interview to be broadcast Friday night on the ABC News show "Nightline."

A former campaign aide, Andrew Young, has said he was the father of the child, ABC News said.

Edwards was previously linked to the woman by The National Enquirer. It recently reported that Edwards, 54, of North Carolina, met with Hunter at the Beverly Hilton in California on Monday night, July 21.

Edwards' political action committee paid $100,000 in 2006 to Hunter's company, Midline Groove Productions. She directed Web videos featuring Edwards.

Edwards was a top contender for the Democratic nomination for president. He placed second in the Iowa caucuses last January but dropped out of the race a few weeks later.

Edwards, a former senator from North Carolina, was the Democratic nominee for vice president in 2004.

The two live in Chapel Hill, N.C., with their children, Emma Claire Edwards, 9, and Jack Edwards, 7. Their eldest daughter, Cate, is a student at Harvard Law School.

Photo Shows Edwards, Hunter Together At Dallas Tour Stop - Politics News Story - KXAS | Dallas
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

What? A Democratic politician lied about a sexual encounter? That can't be! Certainly you jest me!

Mother will not allow test of child to she who father is. She might lose her support check.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Mother will not allow test of child to she who father is. She might lose her support check.
    How much you recon Edwards paid to have her keep her mouth shut?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Are you sitting down? A politician lied.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and bet that his lips were moving...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Now why would she want to find out who the child's father is when she could just not know and keep receiving a check? So what if it's not in the child's best interest; at least she'll be able to buy herself nice stuff with that child's money, right?

I read the story twice and saw nothing about a "check". Surely you're not making an accusation without proof. Why would you do that when it's so commonly done already?

Are we just posting to post or did I miss something?
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I read the story twice and saw nothing about a "check". Surely you're not making an accusation without proof. Why would you do that when it's so commonly done already?

Are we just posting to post or did I miss something?
    I think it is called reading between the lines.

Report: Edwards' Ex-Mistress Held Particular Scorn for Elizabeth Edwards
    A close Edwards ally, attorney Fred Baron, has been paying Hunter a reported $15,000 per month despite the relationship having allegedly ended in late 2006

Hush money? Is not that illegal?