Ban all Gun Free zones
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Ban all Gun Free zones

  1. #1

    Ban all Gun Free zones

    Ban all Gun Free zones
    With the knife attack by a student in Texas on a college campus –IE- gun free zone, doesn’t this scream that gun free zones are nothing but targets for anyone who want a place where there’s are no possible push back to the person who is committing the crime. This very same thing is what happened at the last mass killings, every one of these places were gun free zones, specially the one in Aurora, this theater wasn’t the closest one to the shooters home, by far, it was third in distance from his home and guess what, the other two theaters closer to his home weren’t gun free zones, is the logic of his actions sinking in? People who want to do harm to groups of people aren’t going to go to any place where there will be other persons who might be armed. Have you ever heard of a mass shooting at a gun show?
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

  2.   
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    People who want to do harm to groups of people aren’t going to go to any place where there will be other persons who might be armed.
    I'm against gun free zones because they prohibit individuals from being able to protect themselves. However, the claim that people intent on harming other people purposefully go to gun free zones is just plain false and easily disputed by the anti-gun people. It's a non-starter argument.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Ban all Gun Free zones
    With the knife attack by a student in Texas on a college campus –IE- gun free zone, doesn’t this scream that gun free zones are nothing but targets for anyone who want a place where there’s are no possible push back to the person who is committing the crime. This very same thing is what happened at the last mass killings, every one of these places were gun free zones, specially the one in Aurora, this theater wasn’t the closest one to the shooters home, by far, it was third in distance from his home and guess what, the other two theaters closer to his home weren’t gun free zones, is the logic of his actions sinking in? People who want to do harm to groups of people aren’t going to go to any place where there will be other persons who might be armed. Have you ever heard of a mass shooting at a gun show?
    I agree with banning "Gun Free Zones" but I would take it a little farther and ban the media from going wall to wall with the broadcasting of the tragic event and plastering the scum bag's name and picture every 2-3 minutes. The media is causing the shootings and tragic events by giving the scum bag his 15 minutes of fame. Look at how they were airing the orange hair scum bag. Now the scum bag is still getting air time cause he is changing his appearance. Stop all the air time on scumbags and they will stop trying to out do the last scum bag!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I'm against gun free zones because they prohibit individuals from being able to protect themselves. However, the claim that people intent on harming other people purposefully go to gun free zones is just plain false and easily disputed by the anti-gun people. It's a non-starter argument.
    False, James Holmes specifically went out of his way to choose a theater with a no guns policy in order to carry out his mass shooting in Aurora. There are other proven examples but I can't look them up on my phone atm.

    That said I think property owners rights are just as important and if a business wants a no gun policy that is their (wrong) choice. I disagree with government legislated gun free zones however because that is a direct infringement of 2a.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekul34 View Post
    False, James Holmes specifically went out of his way to choose a theater with a no guns policy in order to carry out his mass shooting in Aurora. There are other proven examples but I can't look them up on my phone atm.

    That said I think property owners rights are just as important and if a business wants a no gun policy that is their (wrong) choice. I disagree with government legislated gun free zones however because that is a direct infringement of 2a.
    It's hard to hav3 a rational discussion with people who just make up facts to support their contentions. Please provide a source for your claim other than some bloggers speculation.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    It's hard to hav3 a rational discussion with people who just make up facts to support their contentions. Please provide a source for your claim other than some bloggers speculation.
    Did Colorado shooter single out Cinemark theater because it banned guns? | Fox News

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Louisville Ky.
    Posts
    1,043
    The antis will never allow banning of gun free zones. But not for the reason you think. They will not allow this because then there would be no more mass shootings and threrefore they would lose their most powerful excuse to ban firearms, ammo, etc. No more "dancing in the blood" to further their agenda.

  9. #8
    An opinion piece that relies on the same BS speculation you spewed. doesn't cut it. doesn't explain away all the incidents where mass shooters knew there would be armed citizens or LEO's or guards.

    You can't point at a cat in a tree and conclude that cats grow on trees.

    It's that kind of inane thinking that gives anrti-gun people the leg up in the public policy arena. The people in the middle aren't persuaded by idiotic claims, so they naturally lean away from what they see as stupidity.

  10. #9
    A quote from that article:

    With just one single exception, the attack in Tucson last year, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns.
    False. If you are going to argue from facts, you need to get the facts right. Just one example:

    The Lakewood police officer shooting took place on Sunday, November 29, 2009, when four Lakewood, Washington police officers were murdered at a coffee shop in the Parkland unincorporated area of Pierce County, Washington.

    How could John Lott not remember that incident? Selective memory?

    Now he'll claim it was just two incidents, until someone brings tohis atention another incident, then he'll move the goal post to three, then four, and so on.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I'm against gun free zones because they prohibit individuals from being able to protect themselves. However, the claim that people intent on harming other people purposefully go to gun free zones is just plain false and easily disputed by the anti-gun people. It's a non-starter argument.
    So it is pure coincidence that all mass shootings in which 3 or more people were shot, with only 1 single exception, occurred in gun free zones. I guess some statistician could heap enough dung on that, but bottom line, you're safer if you stay out of gun free zones.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast