Law Enforcement Survey: 90% do not support proposed gun-control legislation

Thread: Law Enforcement Survey: 90% do not support proposed gun-control legislation

by Steve McGough

We often hear from sheriffs (elected positions) and police chiefs (appointed by politicians) concerning their thoughts on “assault weapon” and “high-capacity” magazine bans, but we’re unable to hear from law enforcement officers not in leadership positions. A recent survey of more than 15,000 verified law enforcement professionals confirm what I’ve been hearing and what I’ve said for months. It’s almost unanimous… the proposed gun-control legislation will not help.

We don’t hear from these professionals simply because they are not allowed to speak officially on the subject. But every law enforcement professional I’ve spoken with off-the-record (about 13 or so) are convinced the proposed gun-control legislation at the federal and state level won’t do a damn thing, and many think it will make some situations worse.

Today, PoliceOne.com released the results of a gun policy survey you will not read about in the main stream media. You won’t hear the Connecticut governor or the president speak to the results either. The opinions of this survey will not be suppressed, rather they will be ignored. OK, maybe you’ll see the results in a brief clip, and if you do … let me know. The survey…

… was conducted between March 4 and March 13, 2013. More than 15,000 officers completed the survey, which was promoted by PoliceOne exclusively to its 400,000 registered members, comprised of verified law enforcement professionals. Only current, former or retired law enforcement personnel were eligible to participate in the survey. The survey sample size was broadly distributed by geography and rank in proportion to the U.S. law enforcement community at large. Respondents comprised a variety of ranks from departments of all sizes, with the majority representing departments of greater than 500 officers. Of those that took the survey, 80 percent were current law enforcement officers and 20 percent were former/retired law enforcement.

I have the PDF of the survey available, but here is some general information, with percentages rounded.
    http://radioviceonline.com/wp-conten...ent-survey.pdf
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Just one of many reasons that I'm pro-cop.