50% tax on ammunition? One state has a pending bill.

Thread: 50% tax on ammunition? One state has a pending bill.

1. 50% tax on ammunition? One state has a pending bill.

Most if not all NON-Smokers owe Smokers an apology. Over the years our government as demonized smokers, taking away where they can smoke and raising taxes on their cigarettes, while most non-smokes sat back and said those nasty smokers.

Today, in an article in the USA Today, I read a story about several states have pending bills to add additional taxes on guns an ammunition. One state has a proposed tax rate of 50% on all ammunition. Most of the states claim the additional TAX revenue will be used to take care of indigent gunshot victims and uninsured mental patients. So now all the Non-gun owners will sit back and say glad I'm not a gun buyer/user.

Next year what will the "demon" issue that our government will raise taxes on? Maybe next year it will be those "video games". They do nothing but create lazy people, so we are going to tax them and call it a "lazy" tax of 25%...so that $75 video game will cost you $75 plus your normal sales tax PLUS the lazy tax of $19.35. Sound crazy...I bet 5 years ago when they raised cigarette taxes, most non-smokes that own guns, never would have thought a state would propose a 50% tax on ammunition.

Will it be something that you like or partake in? We need to ALL unite on ALL tax issues and tell our leaders NO NEW TAXES, NO INCREASED TAXES...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

If you "like" this please also "share" it.....we have to be a UNITED voice on all TAX issues.

PaidTriot Guest
    It's a sin tax, but I wasn't aware it was a sin to defend the innocent lives of your wife and children from murderous criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by PaidTriot View Post
    It's a sin tax, but I wasn't aware it was a sin to defend the innocent lives of your wife and children from murderous criminals.
    Or the gov't. Wait, isn't that redundant.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

5. Quote Originally Posted by PaidTriot View Post
    so you're okay with "sin" taxes? Remember he who collects the taxes decides what's a "sin". We should ALL stand united against any new or increased taxes. Sli

So, if you lived in one of these States and the legislation was looking like it'd pass... how bad of a ammo shortage do you think you'd have to b!tch about then?!

Some of you people need to stop telling others to NOT buy ammo up like it's going of style. You need to stop pretending that the gov't isn't actually causing the buying spree. My advice, go buy everything you can afford.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Sin tax my a$%. It's just another way to deny a section of citizens their 2A rights!