Guns and Church
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns and Church

Exclamation Guns and Church

I could not find this on snopes to verify if it really is Charlie Daniels...however the words ring true. If it is not from Charlie Daniels, I apologize but this is too good to pass up!

Guns and Church

Since I identify with the people who fall into Barrack Obama's elitist description about people of faith who keep firearms I'm not very happy with Barrack Obama's recent remarks.

He said something to the effect that us rednecks cling to our guns and our religion when we get frustrated and I would like to take umbrage to these remarks. My faith goes much deeper than his superficial explanation and I love my guns even when I'm not frustrated.

And I am not by myself. I was going to church and shooting guns before Mr. Obama was even born and come from a long line of good people who have been doing it for generations.

To me this latest Obama blunder only helps reveal the depth of condescension the far left wing of the Democrat party has for the folks out here in flyover country.

Mr. Obama's remarks are insulting to a lot of folks. It's kind of like Abraham Lincoln said, 'God must love the common people because He made so many of them'.

His remarks make me think that Obama doesn't know the people of this country very well. I'm sure he knows the jet set and the Hollywood bunch, the limousine liberals and the save the whales, kill the babies crowd, but does he think that the ordinary people don't count? Does he think that they're so stupid that they don't know who he's talking about when he says these things? Does he think their opinions aren't important?

Apparently.

How can a man stand in front of America and tell people what he wants to do for them and have so little respect for a whole segment of the population? In fact, a very large segment. Does that mean that he would only represent the high-minded liberal ideals of the far left and ignore the rest of us?

What kind of Commander and Chief would he make if he doesn't respect the very people who make up the lion's share of the armed forces?

You may say I'm over reacting, but I'm getting sick and tired of him making these elitist statements and saying that he had been taken out of context or some other flimsy excuse.

After his wife's remark about not being proud of this country and his pastor's statements calling America the U.S.K.K.K.A. And his own statement about not wanting his daughter punished with a baby, it makes me wonder what kind of a man Obama really is and what kind of a president he'd make.

Would he be an anti-gun advocate pushing the effort to take the firearms out of innocent citizen's hands? Would he not respect the religious beliefs of America , not taking them into account in his agenda?

I really don't know much about the man and neither does America . He basically came from out of nowhere and as the facts come out little by little, they don't make a particularly confident picture.

I have a great fear that if our military gets broken by another President, this time we're not going to have time to fix it again and what that spells for America , I don't even want to contemplate.

Oh well, I guess I'll grab my gun and go to church.

Pray for our troops

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Like you said it should be said and is true no matter who said it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I think most things attributed to Charlie Daniels WERE written by him. He has a blog going on, and about 99 things out of100 I've seen attributed to him were linked to his blog. Good read, regardless.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

He wrote it. Charlie Daniels - Soap Box Check out his other blogs. Charlie Daniels - Soap Box A great American!

His latest entry. http://www.multimedia-interactive.co...166&forum_id=4

Confessions of a Far-Left Liberal

I am a far left liberal. I believe in the redistribution of wealth. I believe that even though a person has worked hard and accumulated assets, that he should have to share them with those who have not worked hard and that those who have not worked hard have a right to cradle to grave support from a monolithic government run by megabureaurocricies.

I believe that if we would just play nice with the Islamic crazies they'd leave us alone and we could live in peace.

I don't have any answers to our current energy crisis except that we shouldn't drill, but should continue to buy our oil from unfriendly countries in a highly unstable region, and pay higher and higher prices for filling our gas tanks and heating our homes while we wait a couple of decades for someone to invent planet-friendly fuel. Until then, all we need is a tire gauge.

I believe that the United States of America should be ashamed of the progress and prosperity we've attained in the last century.

We should not be the only super power on Earth, and we should pay for our cruel ways by going above and beyond cleaning up the atmosphere, while we allow China and India to do as they please.

I believe that a woman's body belongs to her to do with as she pleases and that she should be able to abort a baby right up until the time it enters the birth canal. I believe that up until that time the baby is nothing but a blob of flesh and has no rights.

I believe that the snail darter and the spotted owl are much more important than mere human beings and their rights to woodlands and waters should be given precedence.

I believe that if us libs can't get legislation passed through the Congress that the Supreme Court should be packed with judges who see it our way and will ram the legislation down the throats of unwilling Americans.

I believe that the government should interfere in every facet of our lives.

I never answer a question with an answer but always with another question.

My political philosophies will not stand the light of truth.

I believe that it's perfectly all right for the Speaker of the House to hold up legislation that's wanted by nearly three fourths of the American public.

I believe that it's perfectly all right to have a Senate Majority Leader who refuses to admit the truth about a military victory even when it's staring him right in the face.

I think it's perfectly normal for men to marry men and women to marry women.

I don't believe that God has any place in public life and want his name stricken from all money, government buildings and monuments.

I believe that the United Nations is a viable diplomatic entity and that all international disagreements should be subject to their authority.

I believe that we should court the friendship of the European nations even if it means giving up our principles, our rights and our place in the world as number one.

I believe that guns are evil and should be banned from private ownership.

I do not believe that Fox News is fair and balanced despite having Alan Colmes, Greta Van Susteren, Geraldo Rivera and other liberal commentators and contributors on staff, but CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC speak the gospel truth.

I believe that one Senator should be drummed out of office for saying things to make an old man feel good on his one-hundredth birthday, while one who left a young girl to drown should be all but canonized by the left wing of his party.

I don't believe that the surge worked, even though I don't really know what it means, or care for that matter, and even if it did work, I still think we shouldn't have done it.

I believe that George W. Bush is the cause of all the trouble in the world since the day Adam and Eve left the Garden of Eden.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

August 8, 2008
    Last edited by Red Hat; 08-11-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    He wrote it. Charlie Daniels - Soap Box Check out his other blogs. Charlie Daniels - Soap Box A great American!

His latest entry.

Confessions of a Far-Left Liberal

I am a far left liberal. I believe in the redistribution of wealth. I believe that even though a person has worked hard and accumulated assets, that he should have to share them with those who have not worked hard and that those who have not worked hard have a right to cradle to grave support from a monolithic government run by megabureaurocricies.

I believe that if we would just play nice with the Islamic crazies they'd leave us alone and we could live in peace.

I don't have any answers to our current energy crisis except that we shouldn't drill, but should continue to buy our oil from unfriendly countries in a highly unstable region, and pay higher and higher prices for filling our gas tanks and heating our homes while we wait a couple of decades for someone to invent planet-friendly fuel. Until then, all we need is a tire gauge.

I believe that the United States of America should be ashamed of the progress and prosperity we've attained in the last century.

We should not be the only super power on Earth, and we should pay for our cruel ways by going above and beyond cleaning up the atmosphere, while we allow China and India to do as they please.

I believe that a woman's body belongs to her to do with as she pleases and that she should be able to abort a baby right up until the time it enters the birth canal. I believe that up until that time the baby is nothing but a blob of flesh and has no rights.

I believe that the snail darter and the spotted owl are much more important than mere human beings and their rights to woodlands and waters should be given precedence.

I believe that if us libs can't get legislation passed through the Congress that the Supreme Court should be packed with judges who see it our way and will ram the legislation down the throats of unwilling Americans.

I believe that the government should interfere in every facet of our lives.

I never answer a question with an answer but always with another question.

My political philosophies will not stand the light of truth.

I believe that it's perfectly all right for the Speaker of the House to hold up legislation that's wanted by nearly three fourths of the American public.

I believe that it's perfectly all right to have a Senate Majority Leader who refuses to admit the truth about a military victory even when it's staring him right in the face.

I think it's perfectly normal for men to marry men and women to marry women.

I don't believe that God has any place in public life and want his name stricken from all money, government buildings and monuments.

I believe that the United Nations is a viable diplomatic entity and that all international disagreements should be subject to their authority.

I believe that we should court the friendship of the European nations even if it means giving up our principles, our rights and our place in the world as number one.

I believe that guns are evil and should be banned from private ownership.

I do not believe that Fox News is fair and balanced despite having Alan Colmes, Greta Van Susteren, Geraldo Rivera and other liberal commentators and contributors on staff, but CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC speak the gospel truth.

I believe that one Senator should be drummed out of office for saying things to make an old man feel good on his one-hundredth birthday, while one who left a young girl to drown should be all but canonized by the left wing of his party.

I don't believe that the surge worked, even though I don't really know what it means, or care for that matter, and even if it did work, I still think we shouldn't have done it.

I believe that George W. Bush is the cause of all the trouble in the world since the day Adam and Eve left the Garden of Eden.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

August 8, 2008

Sounds like the platform of the Demon cratic party.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Yep he described a far left moderate Liberal pretty well! ;)
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Charlie made this post about 30 minutes ago.

Turnabout

Last week I wrote a column about far-left liberals and some of you had some comments about what could be said about far-right conservatives. So in the interest of fair play we'll explore the other side of the equation.

I am a far-right conservative. I believe in the accumulation of wealth earned by the sweat of your brow or the intelligence of your mind. I believe that everybody who is able should work for a living and nobody is entitled to lifelong benefits from an over-bloated government.

I believe that a person should be able to keep the lion's share of what they earn. I believe in fair taxes but not in the nanny state, cradle-to-grave coddling that discourages productivity and encourages illegitimate birth of children to irresponsible parents who continue to create generation after generation of welfare families who actually think they're entitled to stay on the dole all their lives.

I believe in charity to those who truly need it, but I believe that our welfare program surpassed that standard long ago and that a large share of the money paid out by government programs ends up in the pockets of drug dealers, in the cash registers of liquor stores and in the coffers of bookies. I also believe that charity should given from the heart and not be mandated by the government.

I believe that when a man fathers a child he should be forced to provide for the child until it reaches the age of majority, whether it be one child or ten, and if they should fail to do so be kept in prison.

I believe that life begins at conception, period.

I believe that all Americans should be able to afford healthcare, but I don't believe the government is capable of handling it. Look at the fraud the Medicare program has brought on.

I believe there should be a twenty-year minimum prison sentence for those who steal other people's identity.

I believe in the death penalty in cases of cold-blooded murder and also in the cruel rape of a child. I believe that a child molester is the lowest form of scum walking on the planet and that anybody who cruelly violates an innocent child deserves a life sentence when the death penalty can't be applied.

I believe that the Islamic crazies are blood enemies of the United States of America and all free men everywhere and it is an us or them situation. Either we destroy them or they destroy us. To think anything less is unbelievably naive.

I don't have all the answers to our current energy crisis, but have enough gray matter to know that we can't make it through the decades we need to develop alternative energy sources without oil, and along with the help of a few new refineries. Yes, we can drill our way out of this situation and will need to, at least for the next few years.

I believe that the United States should take a great national pride in what we have accomplished in the last century, the prosperity and technological advances, and be thankful that we are number one.

I believe that we should do all we can to clean up our atmosphere and waters, but at the end of the day, if the rest of the world doesn't do the same thing it's not going to be enough.

We should only bear our own responsibility, not be penalized for things we have no control over. If you've been watching the Olympics from China you'll know what I'm talking about.

I've never seen a spotted owl but I know we have plenty of owls of some kind or another in my part of the country and they have no problem prospering where the timber is harvested and civilization abounds. Since snail darters are microscopic I don't know if we have them around or not, but I'm not really worried about them. Maybe they're all over at Al Gore's house.

I believe that the Supreme Court should be apolitical, not influenced by the right or the left but a personal heartfelt interpretation of the Constitution.

I want the government to protect my country, pave the interstates and get the heck out of the rest of my life. I don't need them to tell me which doctor I can go to, what kind of car I can drive or what light bulbs I can use and I know for a fact it doesn't take a village to raise my kids, it takes a family.

If you ask me a question I will try to give you an answer, not ask you another question.

My political philosophies will stand tall in the light of truth.

I think Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi care much less about the American public than the proliferation of their own power. I believe they are extremely dangerous to the future of this nation.

I believe that legal marriage can only exist between a man and a woman.

I believe that this country… No, I know that this country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles and no amount of revisionist history or politically correct parsing can change that truth. I believe that man was created by Almighty God and subject to His judgment, a fact that will become perfectly clear to every person ever born on this Earth in the days to come.

I believe that the United Nations is a corrupt, sad joke and takes up space on valuable property in New York, which could be put to a much better use, even if it was used for a trash dump.

I believe in the sovereignty of nations, I do not believe in global government or global controls. I believe America should look out for the interests of America and our allies and stop playing up to the people who want to harm us.

I believe that we should be as friendly and cooperative as we can with European nations, but we have absolutely no reason to imitate them.

I do not believe that America should be the policeman for the world.

I believe that CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, The New York Times, The Washington Post and many of the weekly magazines and Internet sites are in the tank for the libs. They hate opposing opinions and have no qualms about playing fast and loose with the truth.

As far as Fox News being fair and balanced goes, it's been so long since you libs have heard a voice of reason that you think every media source that doesn't totally agree with you is a mouthpiece for the Republican party.

I believe that General David Petraeus is a military genius. I believe the surge is a smashing success and I believe our military is the best on the planet.

I believe that not to maintain the strongest and most technologically advanced military and intelligence services on Earth would be the height of folly.

I will readily admit that President George W. Bush has made mistakes, but show me one president who hasn't. I predict that down the road people will look back at his presidency and admit, some people very grudgingly, that he was a leader, not a follower of polls who stuck his finger into the wind every day to see which way opinion was blowing.

I believe that America is the greatest country the world has ever known, with more freedom, more opportunity and the biggest heart of any nation on Earth.

If you have a guilt complex about living in America and sharing in it's greatness and prosperity, there is an easy remedy. Empty your bank account, sell your belongings and give it all to a third world country and use the last of it to buy yourself a plane ticket there.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

August 11, 2008

I have been lucky enough to actually meet Charlie Daniels on two occasions. This first time was at a mall in Savannah GA about 27 years ago and then again back stage about 15 years ago.

This certainly SOUNDS like him.

Please don't slam me for my ignorance, but who is Charlie Daniels?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Please don't slam me for my ignorance, but who is Charlie Daniels?
    +1, who is he?
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast