The Threat

Thread: The Threat

The Threat

In addressing the needs for Concealed Carry, we must not forget the possibility (likelihood?) of having to confront the Messengers of Terrorism on our own turf. In light of this, here is a map of the Flights of 9/11 and what they wrought . . . lest we forget.

This is awesome to watch - truly amazing. I often wonder why air traffic control did not see a major red flag when they saw all of these planes veering off their flight plan at the same time.

I have never seen this before. Note that the two jets that hit the World Trade Center actually crossed paths enroute.

Click on the arrows in the right column to the left of each flight. The one that shows them all in action simultaneously is most interesting. It reveals how well the plan had been developed, barring departure delays.

I wonder if the original plan was to have them all strike their targets at the same time?

And they did it all with U.S. aircraft, US flight schools, and a few box cutters.

Flight Paths

Let's hope we've learned our lessons. I don't think so, but I hope.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Now that was very interesting, I'd not known such a site was out there.

Thanks.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Interesting. Thanks for posting.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Now that was very interesting, I'd not known such a site was out there.

Thanks.
    Neither did I. I'm going to spread the word.

Good site. For most it will remind them of the threats that are still out there. For others they have already forgot about the past and naively think that it couldn't happen again. Lets face it...Patriotism is already a bad word to these idiots!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

7. Very interesting to watch, but it made my mind wander back to the horror of that day which seems so long ago, but really isn't. Our minds, with the help of time, sort of mitigates the horror of such things - but we should never forget, ever! Never forget the horror of that day and the heroes who responded,the innocents that died and the folks on United Airlines flight 93 who gave their lives so others might live.
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

i remember....

that day all too well. i was still working in corporate security then and when it happenend...... our fax machine went nuts. we got messages from all the govt. agencies we had partnered with, local law enforcement, you name it. by the time i got back to the main office we had a stack of emergency flashes about 2 inches thick. we didn't know wha to expect. we double checked our weapons{ we all had oc, some had guns some had both** and we hunkered down and dug in. it was a VERY LONG, VERY BAD DAY.

ATC didn't know what was going on because the terrorists turned off the transponders in their planes. Amongst a radar screen with hundreds of blips, it's hard to notice when four ID tags disappear.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown