Army Email Labels Christian Ministries as "Domestic Hate Groups" - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Army Email Labels Christian Ministries as "Domestic Hate Groups"

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    maine04619: In your response to Ringo, you inadvertantly made the mistake of making a true statement. WE do not hate the sinners as we are portrayed. It is the other way around, they hate us for pointing out the wrongs they are committing. The Word of God has a way of convicting those who are caught up in their sins and their only way to feel good about themselves is to attack Christians and our God. You can call it hate or any other name you want, in the end you will find out different and learn what has been said is the truth. It amazes me how Christians are being maligned so much today but it is only fulfillment of prophecy. Rather than take offense to it, I relish it and it reaffirms that we are on the right side. But for those who choose not to believe, God bless them anyway!
    Recently I was studying and read something similar to what you say here, Brother:

    2 Timothy 3
    New International Version (NIV)



    3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

    6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

    10 You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11 persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.


    You are indeed thoroughly equipped for every good work, Oldgrunt.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    maine04619: In your response to Ringo, you inadvertantly made the mistake of making a true statement. WE do not hate the sinners as we are portrayed. It is the other way around, they hate us for pointing out the wrongs they are committing. The Word of God has a way of convicting those who are caught up in their sins and their only way to feel good about themselves is to attack Christians and our God. You can call it hate or any other name you want, in the end you will find out different and learn what has been said is the truth. It amazes me how Christians are being maligned so much today but it is only fulfillment of prophecy. Rather than take offense to it, I relish it and it reaffirms that we are on the right side. But for those who choose not to believe, God bless them anyway!
    Just another Sign of the End of the Age & This Last Generation OG. The political correctness police demand that all religious thought must be respected and tolerated. All, except the tenets of one particular religion. True Christianity is fair game, and the politically correct crowd of Christianity-haters doesn't just look the other way when true Christianity is attacked; it joins in the fun. These people attack at every opportunity and are never condemned for their hate diatribes; rather, they are joined by the priesthood of the entertainment world at the center of their ranks. Eyebrows are no doubt raised at the use of my term "true Christianity." I make no apologies for the use of the term. There are a number of counterfeit forms of Christianity, and more are coming into existence each day as strange winds of doctrine blow across our nation and the world. There is but one true Christianity. It is found throughout the pages of God's Word, the Bible. If I could choose only one Scripture to encapsulate true Christianity, it would be these words spoken by Jesus to His disciple: "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6). And therein lays the anti-Christian diatribe. That is why all other religions are acceptable-are tolerated--except true Christianity.

    Jesus told that culture and society would react this way to His name:"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. He that hateth me hateth my Father also. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause." (John 15:18-25)

    Yet, God loves even the Jesus-haters of this world, and is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (read 2 Peter 3:9). We who are Christ's are commanded to love sinners, as does our Lord. Let us in these closing days of the dispensation of grace lift the name of Jesus at every opportunity so that men, women, and children will be given gospel light by which to come to saving knowledge of the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16).
    ~ AMERICA'S EPITAPH ~
    "Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, God Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done"

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,511
    Everything contained within this post is my personal opinion... nothing more.

    If the world manages to not trash itself back into the dark ages and some semblance of a stable society survives to study this particular point in History I suspect historians in the far future will unanimously agree that the world's age of insanity hit high gear in the very early 2000's......... but then... there is no guarantee the world will ever recover from this craziness..........

    However........ if those who wish to rule the world are successful then History will be rewritten to show that the world was insane before the magnificent elite so selflessly and compassionately brought order and peace to the common man by instituting a new and proper way of life... the One World Order..... where those who are unquestionably superior by their very nature control... errrrr....guide... the lives of the common man who is just not equipped to run his own life unaided.

    But the New World Order has to happen soon because wannabe Emperor of the Earth George Soros isn't getting any younger.............

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    maine04619: In your response to Ringo, you inadvertantly made the mistake of making a true statement. WE do not hate the sinners as we are portrayed. It is the other way around, they hate us for pointing out the wrongs they are committing. The Word of God has a way of convicting those who are caught up in their sins and their only way to feel good about themselves is to attack Christians and our God. You can call it hate or any other name you want, in the end you will find out different and learn what has been said is the truth. It amazes me how Christians are being maligned so much today but it is only fulfillment of prophecy. Rather than take offense to it, I relish it and it reaffirms that we are on the right side. But for those who choose not to believe, God bless them anyway!

    This is right on the money, I do believe that we are about to come into trouble that the world have never seen but I like the fact that Our God Almighty is watching over his peoples.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    This is right on the money, I do believe that we are about to come into trouble that the world have never seen but I like the fact that Our God Almighty is watching over his peoples.
    But see this is false. We ( those who are not of the belief there is a higher power ) do not hate anyone. We may point out why what you think is illogical or factually wrong but we do not hate. We do not kill in the name of our "god" we do not cast out those who are not like us. We do not espouse that if you do not think the same as we do you will suffer. I have never seen a group of atheists protesting another groups right to do or think they way they choose to. Ringo is fond of quoting scripture from a book with so many variations over the years it would be impossible to follow. We the non believers do not hate you we may feel bad for you but never hate.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    maine04619: In your response to Ringo, you inadvertantly made the mistake of making a true statement. WE do not hate the sinners as we are portrayed. It is the other way around, they hate us for pointing out the wrongs they are committing. The Word of God has a way of convicting those who are caught up in their sins and their only way to feel good about themselves is to attack Christians and our God. You can call it hate or any other name you want, in the end you will find out different and learn what has been said is the truth. It amazes me how Christians are being maligned so much today but it is only fulfillment of prophecy. Rather than take offense to it, I relish it and it reaffirms that we are on the right side. But for those who choose not to believe, God bless them anyway!

    Funny I managed to live my whole life sans any omnipotent being worshiped. I built a business employed quite a few people got married had a daughter have 2 grandsons and retired to a nice home in the woods of Maine. I have family and many friends and a very full life. In all that time I have never told a single person if they did not think like me they would suffer for ever. I never told a person if they did not think the same way I did they where not welcome in my home or business.

    If I was unable to think or was not a type 1 personality maybe I would need to believe there was something other then me controlling my life. If you need such things more power to ya.

  8. #17
    Mark 8:36

    King James Version (KJV)


    36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

    I commend you for your success in life and have made similar accomplishments in mine. I think I am probably a little older than you and have 3 children, 4 grandchildren, and five and one half great grandchildren. I was fortunate in retiring from three professions albeit the last one because my heart going on the blink. I have made friends all over the world and, contrary to what you may think, I don't push my religion on anyone but I will, however, respond to anyone who tries to play down religion. My response, if given, will always be in the form of scripture to backup anything I say. That is God's word, He inspired it, not me. If one chooses to ignore His word, that is on their head. I jusy try to be one of the messengers and will discuss religion with anyone, anywhere and at anytime if they so desire. I am not what one calls a "Bible thumper" but I dearly love Biblical discussions. You may have never felt the need for God, or His presence, while making your mark in the world but He has been with you, whether you knew it or not. It has probably been His will that brought you to this point in your life whether you realize it or not.
    In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thes. 5:18. If you are content with your lot in life, it couldn't hurt to thank Him.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    8,361
    Isn't God amazing OG? God blesses those who reject Him in this life with the desire of their hearts; family, friends, prosperity , etc., etc. Then in the next life God again gives to those who rejected Him the desire of their heart; their place in HELL void of God's presence to fry, sizzle & burn for all Eternity. No one can say that God isn't more than fair.
    ~ AMERICA'S EPITAPH ~
    "Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, God Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done"

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Isn't God amazing OG? God blesses those who reject Him in this life with the desire of their hearts; family, friends, prosperity , etc., etc. Then in the next life God again gives to those who rejected Him the desire of their heart; their place in HELL void of God's presence to fry, sizzle & burn for all Eternity. No one can say that God isn't more than fair.

    Believe what I do or " their place in HELL void of God's presence to fry, sizzle & burn for all Eternity." Naaa that's not hateful!!!

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    Believe what I do or " their place in HELL void of God's presence to fry, sizzle & burn for all Eternity." Naaa that's not hateful!!!
    It's justice and it is your eternity. Call it anything you like, doesn't change a thing.
    ~ AMERICA'S EPITAPH ~
    "Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, God Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast