Shameful Quote of the Day - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shameful Quote of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Marine View Post
    I don't say this often and never to a big group but I have served six tours overseas with over 38 months in a combat zone and I would love to personally contest DiFi in her ideas and ideals. How can people think like this? The military serves to protect all of our god given rights and American freedoms. Please do not sell service short...
    I would like to thank you and all your comrades in arms for your dedication and service. May God bless you the rest of your days.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

2Awarrior Guest
    This thread illustrates how "our side" occasionally defeats its own purpose, in exactly the same way our opponents do. Somebody somewhere in the media (I know old grunt didn't make this up) wrote this and threw it out there.
    I despise this woman - but misquoting her doesn't accomplish anything, especially when she genuinely says enough outrageous stuff on her own. We can't win if we don't have the truth on our side.
    How stupid did I feel when I found out Hitler never said that "famous" quote about gun registration? Or Admiral Yamamoto's quote about the "rifle behind every blade of grass" being bogus?

According to Feinstein, ex-military that have gone through a stressful situation shouldn’t have a gun, well what about all of the Senators and Congressman that are ex-military. Is she saying that the same restriction applies to them also?
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    Not defending Feinstein, she is a Marxist and a nutcase, and about as uninformed as one can get, but here is actually what she said:

"…this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was effect… and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States… that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that you know with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So you know I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."

Umm... what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post

Umm... what?
    Yep, that not only didn't support her thinking, it made it known that she wasn't thinking at all.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I'm a vet, but I'm not pissed off because she did NOT say that. Her words got twisted. So I'm more angry at the people who twist her words instead of reporting the truth of what she said. Some research is in order for those of you who believe she, or anyone else, could ever say this. Don't be a sucker for propaganda. Do your own research. All she said was that if there was a veteran's exception for buying assault weapons it would be difficult to validate who was really a veteran and which veterans "might" have mental disorders that would preclude the purchase. She did screw up the PTSD part saying it was a "new" mental illness...maybe by the name PTSD it is, but of course it goes far back in history. But the OPs quote is just plain not true.

Allthough I can not attest to the accuracy of the article from the LA Times, everything said fits into the mold of her stance for the past twenty odd years in reference to gun control. To have devoted as much time to gun control as she claims, using Freudian psycho-sexual analysis, one would think she has an incurable case of pecker envy (real word blocked). Since she doesn't have one, she has projected her emotions to guns as a phallic symbol which must be done away with. To have such an insatiable desire to rid us of guns would seem to indicate that she has problems with other people having guns, not herself, since she is admittedly licensed and carries. That is being hypocritical to the Nth degree.

She might have some PTSD herself. She was in the building when Moscone and Milk were assassinated and found Milk's body when she went to investigate the gunfire. When she tried to take Milk's pulse her finger went into a bullet hole in his wrist. Pretty traumatic stuff. Ironic that the assassinations were done with a S&W Model 36 Chief's Special and the shooter reloaded between murders from ten extra loose rounds he took with him. No high capacity issues on this shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    She might have some PTSD herself. She was in the building when Moscone and Milk were assassinated and found Milk's body when she went to investigate the gunfire. When she tried to take Milk's pulse her finger went into a bullet hole in his wrist. Pretty traumatic stuff. Ironic that the assassinations were done with a S&W Model 36 Chief's Special and the shooter reloaded between murders from ten extra loose rounds he took with him. No high capacity issues on this shooting.
    Grounds for revoking her permit if she thinks the same about vets. And she has said along with Janet Napolitano that she thinks being in the military and serving in a war zone breeds rightwing domestic terrorists.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12