The text of the Senate bill is available

Thread: The text of the Senate bill is available

The text of the Senate bill is available

Holy S#!t

http://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=968

Time to step up the contacts to your website and reps.

Did anyone else that has registered for the white house website receive an email where they are providing pre formatted Twitter and Facebook posts to try to support this shitte?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Just finished an e-mail to Senator Grassley urging him not to support this bill or any others like it. Will there ever be an end to all this "Grandstanding Legislation"?

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

There actually are some good points in this bill but the bad points cannot be condoned.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

SEC. 142. NATIONAL COMMISSION ON MASS VIOLENCE.
    (a) Establishment of Commission.-There is established a commission to be known as the National Commission on Mass Violence (in this subtitle referred to as the "Commission") to study the availability and nature of firearms, including the means of acquiring firearms, issues relating to mental health, and all positive and negative impacts of the availability and nature of firearms on incidents of mass violence or in preventing mass violence.
    (b) Membership.-
    (1) APPOINTMENTS.-The Commission shall be composed of 12 members, of whom-
    (A) 6 members of the Commission shall be appointed by the Majority Leader of the Senate, in consultation with the Democratic leadership of the House of Representatives, 1 of whom shall serve as Chairman of the Commission; and
    (B) 6 members of the Commission shall be appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, in consultation with the Republican leadership of the Senate, 1 of whom shall serve as Vice Chairman of the Commission.
    Quagmire waiting to happen. What happens if the Dems gain control of the House in 2014 or the Reps gain control of the Senate. Asking the other party for consultation, what a joke.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

The people involved in enacting legislation such as this are more dangerous to the general populace than outside terrorist threats we are facing today. They have given little thought to the effect it will have on down the road, not just now with all their chest-thumping righteous indignation, but when we have been so subjugated to an out of control government, we will be unable to defend ourselves, not only from the domestic "enemies" but from the drug cartels and other criminal and foreign elements that are invading our country. Our government seems to be run by inept politicians, incapable of seeing anything outside Washington or their "elitist" circle of associates. We, the people, are unimportant pawns who have very little say-so in the legislation that impacts us every day. "They" will tell us what is best for us and, until then, we should just sit in a corner and wait to be fed their pablum. One of these days, people in this country will wake up to what has been done to us. Then, there could possibly be a real revolution and, just maybe, that is why the government wants all guns taken away. We have survived wars and many calamities but I think this government will be the final straw and lead to our demise.

7. I have been swamping my liberal Senator's email box, and facebook page, and all I got was canned rhetoric. The A$$hole already has his mind made up.
    There is nothing I can say or do to even get him to listen. And he is an NRA member.
    I wonder if we can get the NRA to throw him out?

brockkl
    (FL-Bill Nelson)

Support for Same Sex Marriage may kill UBGC bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Holy S#!t

Sen. Toomey Offers Full Text Of Public Safety And Second Amendment Rights Protection Act Online | Pat Toomey | Senator for Pennsylvania

Time to step up the contacts to your website and reps.

Did anyone else that has registered for the white house website receive an email where they are providing pre formatted Twitter and Facebook posts to try to support this shitte?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Some this text may cause Senators who support same sex marriage pause before supporting UBGC since it is worded as it would be in compliance with DOMA leaving same sex marriages out in the cold. This could derail this whole process right from the very start.

Senate gun bill discriminates against key ?progressive? constituency - National gun rights | Examiner.com
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job