Pennsylvania shortly will no longer be accepting nonresident permits from AZ & VA

Thread: Pennsylvania shortly will no longer be accepting nonresident permits from AZ & VA

Pennsylvania shortly will no longer be accepting nonresident permits from AZ & VA

More bad news. The Pennsylvania Attorney general has changed 2 more reciprocity agreements. Pennsylvania will no longer accept nonresident Arizona and nonresident Virginia carry permits.

I only have the notice for Arizona, but the PA AG website should confirm the other. There will probably be a few more negative changes down the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. so basically there is no reciprocity from the State of Pennsylvania for Arizona. Apparently they are taking the attitude ours is good enough for our and your people but yours isn't good enough for our people.....What is going on with Pennsylvania...they are becoming more and more restrictive while claiming to be open......and my wife wants me to move from Texas and retire there so she can be closer to her family.....it ain't happening in my lifetime....

4. Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    More bad news. The Pennsylvania Attorney general has changed 2 more reciprocity agreements. Pennsylvania will no longer accept nonresident Arizona and nonresident Virginia carry permits.

I only have the notice for Arizona, but the PA AG website should confirm the other. There will probably be a few more negative changes down the road.
    It is also posted in the Concealed Carry Category.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy45 View Post
    so basically there is no reciprocity from the State of Pennsylvania for Arizona. Apparently they are taking the attitude ours is good enough for our and your people but yours isn't good enough for our people.....What is going on with Pennsylvania...they are becoming more and more restrictive while claiming to be open......and my wife wants me to move from Texas and retire there so she can be closer to her family.....it ain't happening in my lifetime....
    No, what it is saying is if you are a resident of AZ, your permit is valid in PA if you have a AZ resident permit. What it does is says PA residents need to get a PA permit and not one from out of state only. Nothing more than other states have said and done. PA, CO, MI as examples don't accept Florida non-resident permits but do accept FL resident permits.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy45 View Post
    so basically there is no reciprocity from the State of Pennsylvania for Arizona. Apparently they are taking the attitude ours is good enough for our and your people but yours isn't good enough for our people.....What is going on with Pennsylvania...they are becoming more and more restrictive while claiming to be open......and my wife wants me to move from Texas and retire there so she can be closer to her family.....it ain't happening in my lifetime....
    calm down, the restrictions are for non residents of AZ who live in PA and are circumventing PA permitting