Has American Freedom Reached the Finish Line?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has American Freedom Reached the Finish Line?

Exclamation Has American Freedom Reached the Finish Line?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Unfortunately freedom comes with a price. Personal responsibility is a big part of freedom. The down side is that our political representatives will use this latest tragedy for another power grab, all in the name of safety. The question we must ask is how much freedom are we willing to give up this time for another false sense of security.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Just an opinion, but thinking it's time to water the tree of freedom...

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Blog Entries
    Nope, its merely a crossroads. To take our freedom, they would have to confiscate every gun on this nation's soil. We have yet to see if they have the balls to do so.

It's easier to count the number of Freedoms we have then count how many have be taken. Land of the Free.....REALLY? Just had a threat of fine and possible incarceration for not filing my mandated tax form. Coercion to make payment from the fruits of my labor to anyone is in itself unlawful. Can’t we charge the Federal Gov't under the RICO Act?????
    Love my country, stand proud for our Constitution and have served my Country Honorably. BUT I can't stand this bacterized society that we have evolved into. This commune we have been pushed into. Freedoms have nothing to do with just guns, but a way of life. We have been shackled to the chains of the Federal Gov't for years. Uncle Sam’s plantation! AND it ain't getting any better. Enjoy what few freedoms we have left.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Unfortunately freedom comes with a price. Personal responsibility is a big part of freedom. The down side is that our political representatives will use this latest tragedy for another power grab, all in the name of safety. The question we must ask is how much freedom are we willing to give up this time for another false sense of security.
    Not willing to give up another one! We will have to live in violation of these "feel good" laws and regulations. The system is so corrupt that there is nothing else we can do! Those just trying to live their lives without knuckling under to the government will be/are the enemies of the state and the only freedoms will be those we are willing to fight for. Sad state of affairs and I don't think the government believes that the country will rise up and fight back. Sometimes, when I see what our government and the Liberals are doing, I wonder myself if there are enough people who will stand up!
    I think we will soon see.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Nope, its merely a crossroads. To take our freedom, they would have to confiscate every gun on this nation's soil. We have yet to see if they have the balls to do so.
    With all of the "unregistered" guns in this country, the only way they could do it is with a wide-spread, large scale door-to-door confiscation push. That would start a revolt which would make our Civil War look like a schoolyard brawl.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Quote Originally Posted by nontechguy View Post
    With all of the "unregistered" guns in this country, the only way they could do it is with a wide-spread, large scale door-to-door confiscation push. That would start a revolt which would make our Civil War look like a schoolyard brawl.
    Worked in New Olean’s and the surrounding parish’s after Katrina. What makes you think it can't happen at your door? Not real happy that you can't see WHAT your Gov't can do.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Worked in New Olean’s and the surrounding parish’s after Katrina. What makes you think it can't happen at your door? Not real happy that you can't see WHAT your Gov't can do.
    Not saying that it CAN'T happen, but I think that people are a lot more aware of what's going now than they were then.
    I think if it was tried on a mass scale, more people would be aware of it a lot quicker because of the internet and the various blogs/sites such as this one.
    What people would or wouldn't do about it is another story.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Since Katrina, the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 was introduced by Republican Congressman Bobby Jindal and Senator David Vitter. As part of the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, it was signed by Pres. George W. Bush on 30 September 2006 and it became Public Law 109-295. It prohibits confiscation of a firearm during an emergency or major disaster if the possession of such firearm is not prohibited under Federal or State law. There is a stipulation to it, however, which states, "the temporary surrender of a firearm could be required as a condition for entry into any mode of transportation used for rescue or evacuation" theoretically giving the government power to take your weapon for who knows how long. One hand giveth, the other taketh away. Yep, you can bet your bottom dollar the government will do what it wants!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast