‘MOMS DEMAND ACTION’ GROUP RELEASES PROVOCATIVE GUN CONTROL ADS #guns #2A - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ‘MOMS DEMAND ACTION’ GROUP RELEASES PROVOCATIVE GUN CONTROL ADS #guns #2A

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    This is their YouTube Channel. For some reason I couldn't activate a video on the OP linked page (if there is one there?). Some of their 20 videos have the Comments deactivated, but I found one where they weren't, so I typed this in there:

"I have no doubt that all the folks in this video, as well as the folks producing and funding these videos, are perfectly well-meaning, but you are so very misguided. The only antidote to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, whether that good guy is the police, military or civilian. I am a good guy. Quit trying to prevent me from being the antidote to those who would victimize you. You will not be safer by making me unable to defend myself, family or community. Please wake up."

When I hit "Post" I got a message saying "Comment Awaiting Approval!" (Yes, the message does have an exclamation point at the end, which I thought was kind of weird.) I guess it won't be approved since it's not agreeable to their cause, which if that's what happens, will prove that they are just as threatened by opposition speech as they by the thought of someone having the liberty to own one of those evil black rifles with a normal-capacity magazine. Oh well. I tried.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Those "moms" are SO out of touch with reality that I find it horrifying!
    They remind me of my wife's cousin Jody. She almost had a heart attack when she found out that I carry!
    She is a NYC High School math teacher. Her reaction to the fact that I carry was blatant shock.
    She actually wanted to know how I could justify carrying a handgun after what happened at Sandy Hook.
    The sad part was that she did not even want me to answer her question. She spent the remainder of our family get together on the front porch, freaking out on the phone with her husband.
    She is the kind of person who has absolutely NO desire to try to understand why ANYONE would even conceive of owning a handgun.... Period!
    She reacted so extremely that even her own brother told me that it was a lost cause to talk to her about my side of the issue.
    It's very sad. She is so brainwashed and thinks only police or military people should even be ALLOWED to have guns.

I thought of Jody as I watched the video. A woman who has zero experience with guns and as such, thinks only police and the military should have them.
    She means well, I guess but she has no clue about what she's talking about.
    She thinks assault weapons are fully automatic and thinks "high capacity" magazines should be banned as well.
    She has no desire to listen to the "other side", aka, me or why she is wrong on some of the things she believes are "correct".

Just plain sad....

2Awarrior Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I guess it won't be approved since it's not agreeable to their cause, which if that's what happens, will prove that they are just as threatened by opposition speech as they by the thought of someone having the liberty to own one of those evil black rifles with a normal-capacity magazine. Oh well. I tried.
    yeah, I got banned from a Newtown newspaper website for informing them that, as far as responsible gun owners are concerned, Nancy Lanza actually killed those children, not Adam. Maybe it was the way I said it. I mentioned that I didn't appreciate them reacting to their tragedy by sending the Feds after ME again. I said the whole incident represented an anomaly of Space/Time that would astound Einstein and Hawking, because the perpetrator (Nancy) was executed PRIOR to the massacre.

I thought it was a cool way of looking at it, but they didn't agree, apparently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12