Westboro Baptist Church

Thread: Westboro Baptist Church

Westboro Baptist Church

After Westboro "church" vowed to picket the Boston victims funerals, Anonymous stepped in with their typical "Expect Us" and hacked their Facebook page. While not very damaging, it was pretty cute and as of now is still online. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Westb...ref=ts&fref=ts

This was one of the pictures they posted, which gives me something to think about. Is it true?

Westboro Baptist Church-openingday.jpg

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I think the numbers may refer to tags and licenses purchased, but I seriously doubt that many people were actually "out in the woods" on opening day.

And as far as how out-gunned the government might be to the citizenry, I think it's more on the order of 30 to 1. There are (at least) 80 million private gun owners in the country. The military has around 1.5 million active duty and 1.2 million in reserve. Even calling every reservist up at the same time, the entire force would only be about 3% of civilian gun owners, but even at that, the 2.7 million wouldn't all be war-fighters. There's thousands of administrative, maintenance and medical personnel, among other non-combatant MOS's, included in the aggregate, so yeah, the military would be heavily out-gunned by pure numbers, but their weapons are magnitudes more powerful than most civilians would ever think about acquiring through the illegal means that would be necessary.

I got lost though.....What does the OP have to do with the freaks at Westboro?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

The freaks at WBC are planning to demonstrate at the funerals of those who were killed by the bombs in Boston. The hacker group, Anonymous, hijacked their Facebook page and changed every post on it. So far they've still got control of it. While I don't approve of everything Anonymous does, I don't approve of ANYTHING WBC does.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    The freaks at WBC are planning to demonstrate at the funerals of those who were killed by the bombs in Boston. The hacker group, Anonymous, hijacked their Facebook page and changed every post on it. So far they've still got control of it. While I don't approve of everything Anonymous does, I don't approve of ANYTHING WBC does.
    Ahh, I see. I don't do FB, but I did click on the link you left. What little I saw there without being signed up and logged in was confusing. Now I understand why.

WBC came here to the Huntsville area in like '06 or so. There was a school bus accident that killed four kids and WBC thought this would be a good place to get some press. They got none. Local papers and news stations only covered the side of the street where the Patriot Guard Riders and the rest of us were standing reverently while blocking the WBC from being close enough to the one funeral they tried to demonstrate at to even see it, much less make themselves heard by the funeral attendees.

I'm not crazy about what little I know of Anonymous either, but I don't consider them downright evil. I have asked God what purpose WBC's evil harassment of innocent victims serves, as I do consider them as evil as they come. So far, no answer has been forthcoming, so I do what I'm supposed to and pray for their forgiveness and repentance.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

You know, I never wish harm on anyone (except maybe child molesters or violent criminals), but I really have to say that the folks at Westboro irritate me so badly that I wouldn't be all that sad if a bomb went off in their crowd. I still don't wish it on them, but they've actually brought me down to the level that I wouldn't grieve over an event like that. It saddens me that a group of people can be so low that they can make me feel that way.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I have asked God what purpose WBC's evil harassment of innocent victims serves, as I do consider them as evil as they come. So far, no answer has been forthcoming, so I do what I'm supposed to and pray for their forgiveness and repentance.

Blues
    I don't think they have a purpose as much as they do it for a living. They make their money by suing cities, law enforcement and anybody else that steps on their "rights". Most of the members are lawyers or were at one time. Here is an opinion piece that pretty much sums it up and it's far from the only article on the internet along the same lines.
    Fred Phelps is a Con Man