Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49417 View Post
    Do you regularly go around threatening people?
    Who are you talking to?
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  2.   
  3. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    With all the bold print referencing men, if the words of The Constitution weren't actually scribed by the hand God he had nothing to do with it and The Constitution was merely written by a bunch of men gathered for that purpose.
    I tell you from experience that these men knew in their hearts that the Hand of God was guiding them during this process. One they knew in their hearts was going to last because of it being based on control of the citizeny.
    Men who voluntarily agree to step into harms way in protection of our freedoms know that feeling when the hand of god is guiding them, when they just know what to do even if it goes against what is logical and they survive against overwhelming odds.
    It is unusual that a being will not believe in a power greater than himself, something that they know will always be there, something they can always count on to be a constant in their lives. Because as a living thing we need something to count on, something to turn to when we need comfort and which we can use to help us regroup, to helps us find our way back to our former self.
    These men as you refer to them all had a clear image of what they wanted to create for our country, but they understood that they could grant those things not within there power to the people and knew that the people could not change, alter, or infringe upon those things which were granted outside of their control. These men wrote a document guided by a force amongst them that has lived on and will on continue to live on if we as a people understand this document is our guide to a better way of life, a guide that we need to reaffirm as the rule of law in the United States of America.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Not true. YOU, need that. Not everybody needs that. Just being alive doesn't mean you NEED to have some higher power to turn to. If that's what keeps YOU grounded then by all means. But just because that works for you, doesn't make it human nature. Not everybody needs higher power to believe in.
    Originally Posted by dogshawred edited by jcreek and incomplete.

    "It is unusual that a being will not believe in a power greater than himself, something that they know will always be there, something they can always count on to be a constant in their lives. Because as a living thing we need something to count on, something to turn to when we need comfort"

    Usually it is MSM that takes a subject matter and use it out of context to prove a point and/or attempt to deminish comments that they have a problem with in general. This is a freedom that we all have and every right to do so.
    Fortunately, I am not only grounded as you stated in your posting but very comfortable with my beliefs that afford me the piece of mind that I can ignore the ramblings of an individual that questions the whys in life rather than understanding that they just are.
    Have a nice day
    Dog
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

  4. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    With all the bold print referencing men, if the words of The Constitution weren't actually scribed by the hand God he had nothing to do with it and The Constitution was merely written by a bunch of men gathered for that purpose.
    I tell you from experience that these men knew in their hearts that the Hand of God was guiding them during this process. One they knew in their hearts was going to last because of it being based on control of the citizeny.
    Men who voluntarily agree to step into harms way in protection of our freedoms know that feeling when the hand of god is guiding them, when they just know what to do even if it goes against what is logical and they survive against overwhelming odds.
    It is unusual that a being will not believe in a power greater than himself, something that they know will always be there, something they can always count on to be a constant in their lives. Because as a living thing we need something to count on, something to turn to when we need comfort and which we can use to help us regroup, to helps us find our way back to our former self.
    These men as you refer to them all had a clear image of what they wanted to create for our country, but they understood that they could grant those things not within there power to the people and knew that the people could not change, alter, or infringe upon those things which were granted outside of their control. These men wrote a document guided by a force amongst them that has lived on and will on continue to live on if we as a people understand this document is our guide to a better way of life, a guide that we need to reaffirm as the rule of law in the United States of America.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Not true. YOU, need that. Not everybody needs that. Just being alive doesn't mean you NEED to have some higher power to turn to. If that's what keeps YOU grounded then by all means. But just because that works for you, doesn't make it human nature. Not everybody needs higher power to believe in.
    Originally Posted by dogshawred edited by jcreek and incomplete.

    "It is unusual that a being will not believe in a power greater than himself, something that they know will always be there, something they can always count on to be a constant in their lives. Because as a living thing we need something to count on, something to turn to when we need comfort"

    Usually it is MSM that takes a subject matter and use it out of context to prove a point and/or attempt to deminish comments that they have a problem with in general. This is a freedom that we all have and every right to do so.
    Fortunately, I am not only grounded as you stated in your posting but very comfortable with my beliefs that afford me the piece of mind that I can ignore the ramblings of an individual that questions the whys in life rather than understanding that they just are.
    Have a nice day
    Dog
    First of all, the only problem I had with your post is that you took a personal belief and tried to convey it as human nature. I have no problem with your beliefs.

    And I guess if you want to call 6 sentences rambling then that's your right.. But FYI, questioning the "why's in life" is called science. If you want to accept "that they just are." Go right ahead. There's a word for that too. Ignorance.

    The world is flat and the sun revolves around us.

    Ignorance is bliss right?

  5. #94

    Science/Religion, Religion/Science That is the Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    First of all, the only problem I had with your post is that you took a personal belief and tried to convey it as human nature. I have no problem with your beliefs.

    And I guess if you want to call 6 sentences rambling then that's your right.. But FYI, questioning the "why's in life" is called science. If you want to accept "that they just are." Go right ahead. There's a word for that too. Ignorance.

    The world is flat and the sun revolves around us.

    Ignorance is bliss right?
    No, Ignorance is ones inability to co-habitate in a world with different thinking people without resorting to name calling or the unwillingness to accept that there just may be occurances in our life which just have no explaination.
    Science or Religion, Religion or Science which came first? This has been debated since man has questioned our being who we are, what we are or why we are and it will not be solved in this form today, tomorrow or ever.
    Have a nice day.
    Dog
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

  6. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by sportclimber View Post
    What im saying is, A lot of people can just take a test and get a cc permit, Thats easy. I know of folks who have gotten there permits and know nothing of handling firearm and carry. We have hunters safety course here in Utah to teach the about hunting and gun saftey. I was a member of USPSA for years and i am proficient at handling a firearm. Like needing a licence for driving, I feel we should become vary familer with handling a firearm, And be qualified to do so. Its about saftey for me.
    So are you saying that other people should be required to have a level of training that you consider "appropriate", "reasonable", and "acceptable" to YOU so you can "feel" safe?

    If so are you aware that attitude is the exact same attitude of the rabid anti gunner with the only difference being you want others to be trained so you "feel" safe but the rabid anti gunner wants all guns gone in order to "feel" safe?

    A general comment directed at everyone....

    In my not so humble opinion........

    Those who believe other people should meet their standards, whatever those standards are, before they are "allowed" to own or carry a gun are nothing more that anti gunner "lites" because they have the very same attitude the rabid anti gunner has.....

    ..... "I want to be IN CONTROL of what, who, why, where, and even when, people are "allowed" to have/carry a gun so I will "feel" safe."

    And that attitude has nothing to do with "feeling safe" and everything to do with wanting to be ............. in control.... of what other people are "allowed" to do.

  7. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Florida for the license to carry concealed is fairly simple to get. No permit or license needed just to buy or own. You can go to whatever certified instructor you want. The class is on the laws and gun safety. And at the end you must pick up, load, shoot, and return the gun to a safe condition in front of the instructor. Exceptions are made to the class requirement for police, military with DD-214 ( Honorable discharge required ). Then fingerprints, photos, copy of cert ( DD-214, class, police accreditation, etc..... ), paperwork, go to the state with $117 check. Good for 6 years. The CW&FL also does away with the waiting period that you have if you don't have one. Must issue unless you fail a background check.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast