Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney.cj.chen View Post
    I haven't made up my mind whether I want to get a CCL or not.... I am not ready for the bias I will receive if and when i get pulled over- a cop can either like the fact that I CC or not- either way- its bias. Not sure how i feel about the "announcement" to law enforcement, that i am concealing in addition to being on paper.....
    Missouri doesn't require you to notify law enforcement that you're carrying.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Missouri doesn't require you to notify law enforcement that you're carrying.
    The CCL is printed on my DL, and even if I choose to print it on a separate ID card- LEO all have access to it, once they run my DL thru DOR. Altho its considered "private information"- all LEO have access to it

Blog Entries
    The CCL is printed on my DL, and even if I choose to print it on a separate ID card- LEO all have access to it, once they run my DL thru DOR. Altho its considered "private information"- all LEO have access to it
    Just a thought, I used to get stopped for things like my taillight being out, but then staying lit once I was idling at the side of the road...but since I got my CCL, not once. Your experience may vary.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Just a thought, I used to get stopped for things like my taillight being out, but then staying lit once I was idling at the side of the road...but since I got my CCL, not once. Your experience may vary.
    My point is- that regardless- we will be approached with bias- it could be good bias or bad bias- vs. him not knowing i have a gun in the vehicle at all (MO allows loaded gun in vehicle anyhow)

That doesn't mean you're carrying at the time. Whether or not you carry shouldn't be a matter of perceived bias anyway. If you're faced with deadly force, do you really think it will matter to you that some LEO might not have thought well of you if he'd run your license? If you're hurt or if a family member is hurt or killed in your presence, how important will bias seem to you then? The odds of that happening are extremely small, to be sure, but the odds were also extremely small when Suzanna Hupp stepped into a Lubys Cafeteria in 1991 without a gun because she didn't have a license. Both her parents were killed, along with 21 others. How would you feel if something like that happened to you and you didn't have a gun because you were worried a cop might frown on it? I'm not trying to think for you or chastise you. Only you can make the decision for yourself, and only you can establish your own criteria. But for myself, I'd never be able to forgive myself if something like that happened to me.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams

You don't do that for a hunting license. Do you have a problem with that too?
    Unless I decide to also go hiking or hunting, I know where they are, in the woods, not standing in the next check out line at the grocery store. And I don't go hiking on opening day when those that should take a class are out.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Blog Entries
    That doesn't mean you're carrying at the time. Whether or not you carry shouldn't be a matter of perceived bias anyway. If you're faced with deadly force, do you really think it will matter to you that some LEO might not have thought well of you if he'd run your license? If you're hurt or if a family member is hurt or killed in your presence, how important will bias seem to you then? The odds of that happening are extremely small, to be sure, but the odds were also extremely small when Suzanna Hupp stepped into a Lubys Cafeteria in 1991 without a gun because she didn't have a license. Both her parents were killed, along with 21 others. How would you feel if something like that happened to you and you didn't have a gun because you were worried a cop might frown on it? I'm not trying to think for you or chastise you. Only you can make the decision for yourself, and only you can establish your own criteria. But for myself, I'd never be able to forgive myself if something like that happened to me.
    Not proud to admit it, but i still carry concealed in stores that allow firearms- yes, if i got caught, i'd be charged- and yes I either avoid most establishments- or leave my piece in the car- that prohibit firearms out of respect for their preferences. Either way- i'm not ready to go on paper.

Not proud to admit it, but i still carry concealed in stores that allow firearms- yes, if i got caught, i'd be charged- and yes I either avoid most establishments- or leave my piece in the car- that prohibit firearms out of respect for their preferences. Either way- i'm not ready to go on paper.
    A true American, be proud.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by docmath View Post
    I agree! In my humble opinion, reciprocity should be an automatic, nationwide. We should not have to look at a map, and read through a bunch of documentation about how I have to carry. My qualifying class for my chl was 12 hours long, including range time. I do believe that every single person that wants to buy a gun, not just concealed carry should be REQUIRED to take a similar class that teaches safety and law before they are able to even make a gun purchase. I realize that this in a way, kind of removes some 2nd amendment rights, but, the most dangerous person with a gun is not just criminals, it's also people with a lack of knowledge. It's a real pain to have to do the above, but I think this could solve many of our concealed carry issues.
    Interesting but is there any evidence that supports your position? I doubt it. The vast majority of gun crimes are committed by criminals against other criminals. Accidental shootings are at all time lows. The problem is not ignorant gun owners but rather with criminals. Punishing law abiding citizens is hardly the way to have any effect on criminals.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

As you see fit. I hope that continues to work out for you.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast