Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Unless I decide to also go hiking or hunting, I know where they are, in the woods, not standing in the next check out line at the grocery store. And I don't go hiking on opening day when those that should take a class are out.
    So you think the only people who should be allowed to exercise their constitutional rights without an arbitrary requirement are the ones who don't personally bother you. Basically the same argument the anti-gunners use to justify their arbitrary requirements.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

3. I think most new CHCL holders that didn't have to take a short course, will become proficient with their sidearm as a matter of pride. Heck, it's fun, a whole family/relatives make it even more fun, especially if they have an outdoor shooting range that is used for competition, drawing people from all over the U.S. My BIL has such a range, and even my wife, who has an aversion to firearms, had a blast. He had at least a dozen firearms there, that everyone got to shoot (my wife's least favorite was the .45-70, after just one shot).

It took me over 800 rounds with my carry XD-S to become proficient enough I felt comfortable shooting in close quarters. Honestly, it took me longer to "feel" proficient with that little bulldog than any other firearm I've ever owned. Old man, big boom, little gun.

I worked-out, got stronger, and attained Zen with my carry piece.

I have no qualms about shooting with anyone who had no training for a CHCL. To the contrary, I'd like to share tips and tricks that made it easier for me, that I discovered for myself. There is always something to be learned, muscle memory to train, and practice. Shooting is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I do not see a problem with that. What problem are you talking about?
    You are in the parking lot at the grocery store or mall, and nearby an armed citizen that has never fired a gun, not even once in their life, feels threatened and pulls their gun. Personally I don't want to be anywhere near that.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post

I have no qualms about shooting with anyone who had no training for a CHCL. To the contrary, I'd like to share tips and tricks that made it easier for me, that I discovered for myself. There is always something to be learned, muscle memory to train, and practice. Shooting is fun!
    I don't either, see them frequently at the range, almost always under the guidance of an experienced shooter, or even a LGS/Range employee, a controlled situation, not when they are fearing for their life and trying to pull a gun they have little or no experience with, and while probably rare, possibly have never fired a gun in their entire life.

The wife and I are at the range a minimum of once a week to remain proficient, and while we are not competition accurate, I'm consistently shooting 4" groups, we both are improving and developing the muscle memory, etc.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Blog Entries
    You are in the parking lot at the grocery store or mall, and nearby an armed citizen that has never fired a gun, not even once in their life, feels threatened and pulls their gun. Personally I don't want to be anywhere near that.
    You can always hide in your basement and fear every "what-if" that comes to mind...puss.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I do not see a problem with that. What problem are you talking about?
    Oh I see you would rather live in a state where that same person gets raped, robbed, or assaulted. Good thing you don't live in Washington, I hang out with the kind of people you fear everyday, you would have a heart attack. Feels good to have an uninfringed 2A.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by sportclimber View Post
    I 100% agree. My state of Utah dose not have gun proficiency at the range, I think every body should do range time. Thanks for the post.
    You gotta be kidding me... Is it a good idea? Yes, everyone should take it upon themselves to go to the range. Making it a "requirement", oh hell no.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    So you think the only people who should be allowed to exercise their constitutional rights without an arbitrary requirement are the ones who don't personally bother you. Basically the same argument the anti-gunners use to justify their arbitrary requirements.
    You can't drive a car on the roads until you demonstrate a basic level of ability to safely operate a car. Why should you be allow to carry a handgun until you have demonstrated your ability safely operate a gun. The right to be recklessly stupid in not guaranteed in the constitutions, but many of the rights it grants also require the citizen to demonstrate responsibility in exercising those rights.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    You can always hide in your basement and fear every "what-if" that comes to mind...puss.
    Oooooo pulling out the school yard insults, really, that is your argument to support an absolute idiot with a gun in hand and not a clue how to shoot in a busy public area.

Want to play "what-if"? What if every person that carried a gun, knew at least the basics of how to safely use it. And yep, when it comes to being shot by that idiot, you damn right I'm a *****, better than being a dead fool.

You can't drive a car on the roads until you demonstrate a basic level of ability to safely operate a car. Why should you be allow to carry a handgun until you have demonstrated your ability safely operate a gun. The right to be recklessly stupid in not guaranteed in the constitutions, but many of the rights it grants also require the citizen to demonstrate responsibility in exercising those rights.
    Because driving is a privilege. Firearms are a right. HUGE difference. Your logic is why it is so easy for the government to abuse our rights. Once their toe is in the door, you can't get them out of the house. Think about that.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast