Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 96

Thread: Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    You can't drive a car on the roads until you demonstrate a basic level of ability to safely operate a car. Why should you be allow to carry a handgun until you have demonstrated your ability safely operate a gun. The right to be recklessly stupid in not guaranteed in the constitutions, but many of the rights it grants also require the citizen to demonstrate responsibility in exercising those rights.
    Please do name another right that the Constitution gives government the authority to force us to demonstrate responsibility before we are *allowed* to exercise it. Here's a link to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights for you to study a bit, because apparently, you have never read it.

    Otherwise, what you're basically saying is that a *right* that shall not be infringed is cool with you as long as you get to define the word "infringed." Does that about cover it? Please check out the link.

    Politicians pick the most extreme examples of a potential danger to society to base their liberty-killing legislation on all the time. Your example of someone in close proximity to you who is carrying in a parking lot and has never even fired their weapon before is just such a weak justification for passing liberty-killing laws. Do you happen to be running for office?

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  2.   
  3. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,086
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Ah, give it time jcreek... Blues isn't a bad guy. He and I have disagreed on some things, so what. You can learn a lot from some people here, Blues is one of them.
    Yeah Blues gets wordy sometimes but what he says usually makes sense.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

  4. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,086
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Unless I decide to also go hiking or hunting, I know where they are, in the woods, not standing in the next check out line at the grocery store. And I don't go hiking on opening day when those that should take a class are out.
    There are probably people ccing all around you every day without you even realizing.
    I know in sc where I live, cc permit applications tripled last year. Pretty sure all those folks aren't leaving it home.

    Yet somehow, we don't have a problem with granny pulling her piece in walmart and shooting up the citizenry. Huh. Weird.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

  5. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by markt99 View Post
    You obviously don't recognize a right to keep and bear arms since you support a government requirement to exercise it via a permit (how is something a right when you have to obtain permission for it)
    Thanks for pointing out the permission issue.

    Why do we always ask permission to do something. We have been conditioned to ask since birth and then taught in our schools to ask. We have never been taught to question laws or the way things are. We have more rights then we know.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

  6. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    You can't drive a car on the roads until you demonstrate a basic level of ability to safely operate a car. Why should you be allow to carry a handgun until you have demonstrated your ability safely operate a gun. The right to be recklessly stupid in not guaranteed in the constitutions, but many of the rights it grants also require the citizen to demonstrate responsibility in exercising those rights.
    Why do we need permission to travel/ use our private property on the public highways that "We the People" own. You will notice that the Federal Goverment has no requirement or license for private use of the Public Highways. A commercial license is available for those who are paid to transport property or people upon the public highways for profit ( commercial activity). It is a crime to use the public highways for comercial purposes without permission. States rights do not supercede the rights of "The People".


    We the People forget that We are the Goverment!

    People Believe what they Want to Believe!


    Look thru my posts there are many links to this.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

  7. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    Because driving is a privilege. Firearms are a right. HUGE difference. Your logic is why it is so easy for the government to abuse our rights. Once their toe is in the door, you can't get them out of the house. Think about that.
    Rights require responsibility.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    Because driving is a privilege. Firearms are a right. HUGE difference. Your logic is why it is so easy for the government to abuse our rights. Once their toe is in the door, you can't get them out of the house. Think about that.
    Rights require responsibility.
    Responsibility can't be forced.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  9. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    There are probably people ccing all around you every day without you even realizing.
    I know in sc where I live, cc permit applications tripled last year. Pretty sure all those folks aren't leaving it home.

    Yet somehow, we don't have a problem with granny pulling her piece in walmart and shooting up the citizenry. Huh. Weird.
    Yes, and in a majority of the states, the permit holder has demonstrated a minimal level of proficiency with the gun, to receive her carry permit. SC includes actual range time as part of the CWP course, as does NC and most other states.

    With a minimal level of proven competency with a handgun, everyone is safer with capable armed citizens. The carry rate (based on permits issued) is only 2 - 3%, and probably less actually carrying because they can't based on where they are going, or not allow at work, etc..

    I wish more people carried, and we could carry more places, for we all would be safer if 10% carried, and probably make the bg's a whole lot more nervous knowing that 1 in 10 might be armed, vs. 1 in 100.

    I don't carry every time I go out, for the simple reason I am going someplace that it is illegal to carry, my gun is either at home, or in my vehicle.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  10. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by docmath View Post
    I agree! In my humble opinion, reciprocity should be an automatic, nationwide. We should not have to look at a map, and read through a bunch of documentation about how I have to carry. My qualifying class for my chl was 12 hours long, including range time. I do believe that every single person that wants to buy a gun, not just concealed carry should be REQUIRED to take a similar class that teaches safety and law before they are able to even make a gun purchase. I realize that this in a way, kind of removes some 2nd amendment rights, but, the most dangerous person with a gun is not just criminals, it's also people with a lack of knowledge. It's a real pain to have to do the above, but I think this could solve many of our concealed carry issues.
    I have a driver's license that took me 20 bucks and 5 minutes to get and it's valid in all 50 States. But my CCW permit that cost 4 times as much and took 3 hours isn't. Every day on my drive to work I face real danger by inconceivably shitty drivers and very little of getting shot by another person with a CCW permit. Pray tell what logic is that?
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident:
    That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness....."

    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Rights require responsibility.
    Utter nonsense. All rights require is a person be born, period. They are endowed with their rights, whether they are what most of us think of as being responsible people or not.

    A demonstrated act of illegality and irresponsibility is a legally justifiable reason to revoke peoples' rights, but requiring some arbitrarily arrived-at demonstration of responsibility to enjoy the rights that our Creator endowed us with for the simple gift from God of being born, is decidedly illegal and unjustifiable.

    Your meme is such a straw man argument anyway. You honestly believe that classroom "training" that amounts to nothing more than an N R A basic pistol course, and having to score some arbitrary number of hits within a paper target in a highly-controlled range environment is going to be the difference between a responsible and irresponsible person out on the street? By that pretzel logic, the two Boston Bombers are/were perfectly responsible people because they both graduated from high school! A basic pistol course teaches at the most, well, basic rules of safety, basic instruction on the mechanics of how to load and/or unload both a semi-auto and revolver, what the names of the major components are (frame, trigger group etc.), and maybe a cursory overview of state gun laws. Then it's off to the range to fire off anywhere from 10 to maybe 50 rounds (at the very most), depending on jurisdiction, and by that process, a person who walks in as an irresponsible person, is going to walk out a responsible person? Are you kidding? You can't possibly believe the tripe you, yourself, are saying.

    Still like to hear where in the Constitution or Bill of Rights it says or implies that rights are contingent upon a demonstrated amount of personal responsibility. Best of luck with that. I've given you a link to research the Constitution and BoR, and in this post, given you a link and the opening lines of the Declaration of Independence, and I'm here to tell you that you will find no such contingency articulated in any of our country's founding documents. You're out of gas on this one.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast