Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 96

Thread: Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced

  1. #61
    And if you go to the range, and someone without a clue how to handle a handgun is in the next lane, you comfortable with that too? If anyone is going to pick up a gun, they have the responsibility to know how to safely handle and shoot that gun.

    You just want to leach on the rights guarenteed by the constitution and feel no repsonsibility or obligation to support the country that grants the rights we enjoy. No responsibility to vote, but that is probably true based on pathetic number of people that actually bother to vote. Fortunately many of us do, served our country, served our community. Acknowledge and step up to the responsibilities we have as citizens of this country.

    You want your rights for free? how about your housing, food, car....

    Don't forget that the 2A was not mandated by any god or deity, nor is it decreed in any so called holy book, but by mere men, men that founded and fought for this country, you know took personal responsibility for the future of every citizen.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  2.   
  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Responsibility can't be forced.
    Clearly this is true, and that is why freedom in this country is circling the drain.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  4. #63

    No Mandate Implied.

    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    And if you go to the range, and someone without a clue how to handle a handgun is in the next lane, you comfortable with that too? If anyone is going to pick up a gun, they have the responsibility to know how to safely handle and shoot that gun.

    You just want to leach on the rights guarenteed by the constitution and feel no repsonsibility or obligation to support the country that grants the rights we enjoy. No responsibility to vote, but that is probably true based on pathetic number of people that actually bother to vote. Fortunately many of us do, served our country, served our community. Acknowledge and step up to the responsibilities we have as citizens of this country.

    You want your rights for free? how about your housing, food, car....

    Don't forget that the 2A was not mandated by any god or deity, nor is it decreed in any so called holy book, but by mere men, men that founded and fought for this country, you know took personal responsibility for the future of every citizen.
    Mandated is not in the Second Amendment and the founding fathers didn't mandate the act of keeping or bearing of arms or for that fact anything else. They did however acknowledge we are endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable Rights that allow us to keep and bear arms and that this right shall not be infringed. We as a citizenry have too long allowed progressive thinkers to convince some of the public that for the general good guidelines are needed to govern our Second Amendment rights. This is not what our founding fathers intended and we have failed in our responsibility to guard our rights as given by our creator.
    The young shepard didn't need to be instructed on how to protect and care for his flock, he simple acted in a manner which he knew was good and proper, this simple act would serve man even today.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

  5. #64
    Again, our 2A rights were granted by men, men that put their life on the line, and for those that died in the process, to win our freedom from England, and recognized that it was essential to guarantee that future generations could do the same.

    Don't loose sight of the fact that the men that wrote this were subjects of the crown when the fight for freedom began, which makes it clear how precious these men thought the rights were, and these men mandated it should continue with the 2A.

    This we owe solely to the men with the wisdom and the courage to create this foundation.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,072
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Again, our 2A rights were granted by men, men that put their life on the line, and for those that died in the process, to win our freedom from England, and recognized that it was essential to guarantee that future generations could do the same.

    Don't loose sight of the fact that the men that wrote this were subjects of the crown when the fight for freedom began, which makes it clear how precious these men thought the rights were, and these men mandated it should continue with the 2A.

    This we owe solely to the men with the wisdom and the courage to create this foundation.
    Yes... being "responsible", as in one should take responsibility to get trained. This doesn't mean "mandatory training". Not only that, who is to decide who is allegedly "trained or qualified" to be granted the right of the Second Amendment? You? I think not. Tyrannic politicians who don't know the difference between a butt stock and a suppressor? I think not...

    Please, just explain to me, which men should decide and what the criteria should be. It's all I am asking. Who and what?


    I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Don't forget that the 2A was not mandated by any god or deity, nor is it decreed in any so called holy book, but by mere men, men that founded and fought for this country, you know took personal responsibility for the future of every citizen.
    Umm....The same men you refer to above actually wrote and justified a large part of their Revolution on the following words:

    "We hold these truths to be self-evident:

    That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness....."

    Those men intended to base their new country on the premise that no man has the natural authority to rule over other men, as in King George III. The Constitution was penned for the specific purpose of defining the rights of men as being inherent, natural, inborn and endowed, whether one believes that "natural" force is God like I do, or just the natural order of things sans any belief in God like you apparently do. Either way, the Constitution, nor the men who wrote it or fought for its ratification, didn't "grant" us our rights, they acknowledged that we are born with them.

    Got any more canards of wisdom to impart? Hopefully something with more depth of thought than that I want to "leach [sic] on the rights guarenteed [sic] by the constitution and feel no repsonsibility [sic] or obligation to support the country that grants the rights we enjoy."

    Your spelling and belief that government grants our rights according to the Constitution, suggests that you failed to live up to the responsibility to take advantage of the free education that government did grant you.

    You're not only out of gas, you've burned up whatever fumes were left in the tank at this point.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  8. #67
    So where in your holy book does it say we have the right to have firearms. Our founding fathers thought such a deity existed, without any evidence, but they sure as hell recognized the importance of the right to bear arms, and like you just used the perceived power of saying their imaginary friend as an ally. Your argument would be stronger and more justified if you left the fairy tale beings out of the debate, and recognized how critical the right is, for the simple reason the only threat to our freedoms is man made, sadly many of whom believe their imaginary friend tells them that is right.

    The American Revolution was started when the people took up arms against their own government, that is what founded this country, and granted us the freedoms the traitors are working so hard to remove today. After all, the Englishmen that believed in a deity, believed in the same deity. To say the englishmen on this continents were the favorite of this deity over the englishmen on a different continents were the favorite of the deity is the ultimate demonstration of the arrogance of ignorance.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  9. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,072
    I guess my question about who and what criteria will not be answered as it indeed is a tough one for you to answer isn't it? Seems to me that this is more about an atheist agenda than anything else. Have a good night...


    I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Oooooo pulling out the school yard insults, really, that is your argument to support an absolute idiot with a gun in hand and not a clue how to shoot in a busy public area.

    Want to play "what-if"? What if every person that carried a gun, knew at least the basics of how to safely use it. And yep, when it comes to being shot by that idiot, you damn right I'm a *****, better than being a dead fool.
    I prefer a new and inexperienced gun owner to a cocky know it all who thinks that only people carrying certified government issue ID cards next to me when SHTF. Your underestimation of your fellow american speaks a lot to your character.

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    I guess my question about who and what criteria will not be answered as it indeed is a tough one for you to answer isn't it? Seems to me that this is more about an atheist agenda than anything else. Have a good night...
    Thank you. Some people can't accept the truth if it doesn't fit their agenda......or The Truth for that matter.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast