Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    The American Revolution was started when the people took up arms against their own government, that is what founded this country, and granted us the freedoms the traitors are working so hard to remove today. After all, the Englishmen that believed in a deity, believed in the same deity. To say the englishmen on this continents were the favorite of this deity over the englishmen on a different continents were the favorite of the deity is the ultimate demonstration of the arrogance of ignorance.
    The fighting started on April 19, 1775, when the British troops attempted to seize the armories at Lexington and Concord in an attempt to disarm the colonists. While it is true that the Declaration of Independence was written by Jefferson in June 1776, the frst meeting of the Continental Congress was on September 5, 1774.

Speaking of demonstrations of ignorance and arrogance, you not knowing your history and making statements regarding said history is definitely a sign of ignorance.

Just to be clear here, you do know that the British lost, right???
    Last edited by tricolordad; 04-20-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Clarification of history

With a minimal level of proven competency with a handgun, everyone is safer with capable armed citizens.
    Then why is it that the states that do not require training do not have anymore firearm negligence than states that do require it? Irrational fear based on unsubstantiated claims.

You want your rights for free? how about your housing, food, car....
    You really have not the slightest clue what a Right is, and why or how we have them?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post

You really have not the slightest clue what a Right is, and why or how we have them?
    He strikes me as one who doesn't think unless he is told what and how to think about something.

5. per Courtney Chen:
    "...Suggesting mandated prerequisites- esp. in areas regarding our constitutional rights- is like a small blackhole- that eventually eats away all our rights, in this case- starting w the 2A."

Ooh, I like the black hole analogy!
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

6. This is a key point. The sad truth is, many people don't want responsibility.
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    This is a key point. The sad truth is, many people don't want responsibility.
    You're absolutely right, they want neither responsibility or freedom. Most people today don't want the responsibility that our forebears enthusiastically accepted to provide for their own retirement, yet are happy to give up whatever freedom is required to have the government control their income (SSI) and health care (MediCare). I'll die homeless and destitute in a gutter before I'll take a dime in payment for any minuscule part of my freedom, and take full responsibility for that decision.

Those are just two among many examples of how responsibility and freedom are traded for "security" in the form of government. You couldn't be more right. Most people not only don't want responsibility and/or freedom, they don't even know what either looks like anymore.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

You can't drive a car on the roads until you demonstrate a basic level of ability to safely operate a car. Why should you be allow to carry a handgun until you have demonstrated your ability safely operate a gun. The right to be recklessly stupid in not guaranteed in the constitutions, but many of the rights it grants also require the citizen to demonstrate responsibility in exercising those rights.
    Name one. SR40c already pointed out the difference between rights and privileges so I don't need to go over that again.
    EDIT: And I just noticed Blues beat me to the 'name one' question too. I don't get on here as often as some of the other folks.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    There are probably people ccing all around you every day without you even realizing.
    I know in sc where I live, cc permit applications tripled last year. Pretty sure all those folks aren't leaving it home.

Yet somehow, we don't have a problem with granny pulling her piece in walmart and shooting up the citizenry. Huh. Weird.
    Yes, and in a majority of the states, the permit holder has demonstrated a minimal level of proficiency with the gun, to receive her carry permit. SC includes actual range time as part of the CWP course, as does NC and most other states.

With a minimal level of proven competency with a handgun, everyone is safer with capable armed citizens. The carry rate (based on permits issued) is only 2 - 3%, and probably less actually carrying because they can't based on where they are going, or not allow at work, etc..

I wish more people carried, and we could carry more places, for we all would be safer if 10% carried, and probably make the bg's a whole lot more nervous knowing that 1 in 10 might be armed, vs. 1 in 100.

I don't carry every time I go out, for the simple reason I am going someplace that it is illegal to carry, my gun is either at home, or in my vehicle.
    First of all, you say majority. Please cite a reputable source. I have permits from 3 states and didn't have to fire a single shot for any of them. Second, as many have said before me, firearms are a right not a privilege. I shouldn't have to prove a damn thing to anybody. Innocent until proven guilty sound familiar to you? If they want to restrict my constitutionally guaranteed rights THE STATE has the burden of proof, not I.

You just want to leach on the rights guarenteed by the constitution and feel no repsonsibility or obligation to support the country that grants the rights we enjoy.
    This is a concept you seem unable to grasp. One of the critical concepts this country was founded on was that the country (the government) did not grant rights. It did not in fact have the authority to grant rights. Our founders had seen the abuses and tyranny that resulted from governments that had such power and they were absolutely adamant that our government would not have that power. Our country does not grant rights. Our Constitution doesn't grant rights either. It affirms the rights we already have naturally as human beings, and guarantees that the government cannot infringe on those rights. The Constitution does not empower us by granting us rights. It preserves the power we already have by limiting the government from infringing on them. That's the way the founders designed it. And if our education system did a halfway decent job of teaching, you'd know that.
    Fortunately many of us do, served our country, served our community. Acknowledge and step up to the responsibilities we have as citizens of this country.
    I hope you washed your feet this morning. They may not taste good when you realize how far up your mouth you're sticking them. I'm willing to bet you don't have the slightest clue how many veterans and other contributors to society you're dealing with here.
    You want your rights for free? how about your housing, food, car....
    So you're saying we should pay for our rights? Do you actually think about what you're saying before you type it, or does it just come gushing out?
    Don't forget that the 2A was not mandated by any god or deity, nor is it decreed in any so called holy book, but by mere men, men that founded and fought for this country, you know took personal responsibility for the future of every citizen.
    The 2nd amendment wasn't mandated by anyone. You might want to learn a little bit about a topic before attempting to lecture others about it. There were quite lengthy debates in the Constututional Congress and in the individual colony legislative bodies about whether we even needed the 2nd amendment or not. The same debate was made over the entire bill of rights for that matter. Many felt those rights were so blatantly obvious that it was unnecessary to include them in the Constitution at all. None of the amendments were mandated.
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Umm....The same men you refer to above actually wrote and justified a large part of their Revolution on the following words:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident:

That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness....."
    Those men intended to base their new country on the premise that no man has the natural authority to rule over other men, as in King George III. The Constitution was penned for the specific purpose of defining the rights of men as being inherent, natural, inborn and endowed, whether one believes that "natural" force is God like I do, or just the natural order of things sans any belief in God like you apparently do. Either way, the Constitution, nor the men who wrote it or fought for its ratification, didn't "grant" us our rights, they acknowledged that we are born with them.
    So where in your holy book does it say we have the right to have firearms. Our founding fathers thought such a deity existed, without any evidence, but they sure as hell recognized the importance of the right to bear arms, and like you just used the perceived power of saying their imaginary friend as an ally. Your argument would be stronger and more justified if you left the fairy tale beings out of the debate, and recognized how critical the right is, for the simple reason the only threat to our freedoms is man made, sadly many of whom believe their imaginary friend tells them that is right.
    I can't help but think of a quote from Buzz Lightyear. "You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity."
    If you could curb your atheistic frenzy for a moment, you might realize you totally missed the point. It makes no difference if you don't believe in God, a creator or any kind of deity. The point is that the founders did not believe our rights to be originated from man. They believed our rights to be natural, not granted, given or controlled by any man or any government of men. They believed those rights to originate from God, but it doesn't really matter if you believe they come from God, Allah, Buddha, Hare Krishna or Elvis Presley. The point is that our rights are not granted or controlled by any person or persons. So if you can get off the anti-religion bandwagon for a second, you might be able to realize that.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    If you could curb your atheistic frenzy for a moment, you might realize you totally missed the point. It makes no difference if you don't believe in God, a creator or any kind of deity. The point is that the founders did not believe our rights to be originated from man. They believed our rights to be natural, not granted, given or controlled by any man or any government of men. They believed those rights to originate from God, but it doesn't really matter if you believe they come from God, Allah, Buddha, Hare Krishna or Elvis Presley. The point is that our rights are not granted or controlled by any person or persons. So if you can get off the anti-religion bandwagon for a second, you might be able to realize that.
    As an atheist myself, this is probably the best way I've heard this put. Very well said.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast