Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I prefer a new and inexperienced gun owner to a cocky know it all who thinks that only people carrying certified government issue ID cards next to me when SHTF. Your underestimation of your fellow american speaks a lot to your character.
    For some reason tapatalk isn't letting me "like" posts on this site anymore. Just started happening recently.
    I like this one though, and a couple of others by blues and some of the others on the thread.

Granted, lack of responsibility is a big problem. But the reason our rights are circling the drain is at least in part due to the fact that some people don't seem to grasp the concept of what a "right" actually is.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    per Courtney Chen:
    "...Suggesting mandated prerequisites- esp. in areas regarding our constitutional rights- is like a small blackhole- that eventually eats away all our rights, in this case- starting w the 2A."

Ooh, I like the black hole analogy!
    There's my beef with training requirements, too. First of all nobody can really give proof that it makes people safer. Just because it sounds plausible doesn't make it so. That's how urban legends make a living, after all.

Secondly, today it's an 8 hour training and about 160$ here in NC with about 25-50 rounds live fire I believe. Once you accept this as permissible gun grabbers have an excellent angle of attack - let's make it a one week training 500$ and about 500 rounds live fire. Eh voila, you have priced a lot of people right out of the door, even assuming they could even find 500 rounds anywhere at all.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Thumbs up Guiding Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Again, our 2A rights were granted by men, men that put their life on the line, and for those that died in the process, to win our freedom from England, and recognized that it was essential to guarantee that future generations could do the same.

Don't loose sight of the fact that the men that wrote this were subjects of the crown when the fight for freedom began, which makes it clear how precious these men thought the rights were, and these men mandated it should continue with the 2A.

This we owe solely to the men with the wisdom and the courage to create this foundation.
    With all the bold print referencing men, if the words of The Constitution weren't actually scribed by the hand God he had nothing to do with it and The Constitution was merely written by a bunch of men gathered for that purpose.
    I tell you from experience that these men knew in their hearts that the Hand of God was guiding them during this process. One they knew in their hearts was going to last because of it being based on control of the citizeny.
    Men who voluntarily agree to step into harms way in protection of our freedoms know that feeling when the hand of god is guiding them, when they just know what to do even if it goes against what is logical and they survive against overwhelming odds.
    It is unusual that a being will not believe in a power greater than himself, something that they know will always be there, something they can always count on to be a constant in their lives. Because as a living thing we need something to count on, something to turn to when we need comfort and which we can use to help us regroup, to helps us find our way back to our former self.
    These men as you refer to them all had a clear image of what they wanted to create for our country, but they understood that they could grant those things not within there power to the people and knew that the people could not change, alter, or infringe upon those things which were granted outside of their control. These men wrote a document guided by a force amongst them that has lived on and will on continue to live on if we as a people understand this document is our guide to a better way of life, a guide that we need to reaffirm as the rule of law in the United States of America.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

5. Am I out to lunch here or did we just miss "National Reciprocity" in congress by three votes this past week? Second question. Can the amendment introduced (that we lost by only three votes) pass and stand if the main bill (anti-gun bill that was withdrawn) fails?

National reciprocity is badly needed. I am an American presently resident in Canada, an hour from the border. I cannot carry here (few can) but I CAN carry stateside, but it is such a miserable task keeping on top of where I can and cannot carry that it is enough to drive a man to tears. Even just driving to Florida for holidays or to NJ or PA or wherever to visit family and friends IT IS A NIGHTMARE. And regretably, even though I personally KNOW it is a nightmare of laws and regulations, there are many Americans that DO NOT realize the extent of it and only by the Grace of the Almighty avoid becoming criminals. I can tell you that if I am driving to Florida and back and want to stop in NJ to visit relatives and friends, I first stop in PA and drop off all of my firearms and ammo. FOPA may or may not work in NJ/NY. Sad. I have TWO minisafes in the back of our SUV. One for my handgun(s) and one for my magazines and ammo. I believe that in some states even have your magazine locked up seperately.... if it has ammo in it, your gun is considered loaded, even if the gun is locked up seperately (????). I do not take any chances. I avoid states where I am not good and I have SIX concealed carry 'permits'.

6. Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party.......... time to join the NRA...time to write to your legislators in BOTH houses..... time to write to anyone and everyone you can think of that will support this bill.

We are getting so very close. Let's try to make THIS the year that national reciprocity becomes a reality.

7. What im saying is, A lot of people can just take a test and get a cc permit, Thats easy. I know of folks who have gotten there permits and know nothing of handling firearm and carry. We have hunters safety course here in Utah to teach the about hunting and gun saftey. I was a member of USPSA for years and i am proficient at handling a firearm. Like needing a licence for driving, I feel we should become vary familer with handling a firearm, And be qualified to do so. Its about saftey for me.

8. In a nutshell, my feeling is that those that penned the Constitution were still feeling and understanding the oppression that had originally caused the exodus to North America. The 2A was part of a general feeling that all 'men' had the right to keep and bear arms.... it was so important that it was put in writing. Forever. It was an intrinsic right put down on paper to solidify it. It was and still is intended to permit "We the People" to defend ourselves against oppression from all enemies.........foreign and domestic. I believe that it was also a right that the founding fathers felt so important that it HAD TO BE penned. It gave folks the right to defend themselves and their property and homes when there were no others to do so for them. I believe, that the bottom line is that the second amendment is just as valid today as it was all those years ago. The Constitution is a "living document" indeed, but the 2A, IMHO, carves into granite the right of each and every one of "We the People" to keep and bear arms. The right has been eroded over the years by complacency - we are fortunate that we are able to rebuild that erosion and we can only hope and pray that SCOTUS understands that the rights have been ERODED over the years and puts them back in place. The 2A is just as important and applicable today as it was way back then. Despite heated debate at that time, it was ultimately felt that it was so very important that it be put to paper.

Concealed Carry Act of 2013 introduced

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    It is unusual that a being will not believe in a power greater than himself, something that they know will always be there, something they can always count on to be a constant in their lives. Because as a living thing we need something to count on, something to turn to when we need comfort
    Not true. YOU, need that. Not everybody needs that. Just being alive doesn't mean you NEED to have some higher power to turn to. If that's what keeps YOU grounded then by all means. But just because that works for you, doesn't make it human nature. Not everybody needs higher power to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Not true. YOU, need that. Not everybody needs that. Just being alive doesn't mean you NEED to have some higher power to turn to. If that's what keeps YOU grounded then by all means. But just because that works for you, doesn't make it human nature. Not everybody needs higher power to believe in.
    Very well said.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

huh?

Do you regularly go around threatening people?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast