Universal background checks fails - GC bill to be shelved for the rest of the year!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal background checks fails - GC bill to be shelved for the rest of the year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Not really. That's way too close for comfort. It'll be back next year in one form or another, if not before. And next time he MIGHT have the votes.
    You are right! The libs NEVER let go of anything once they get their teeth into something.

In my opinion the vote only failed by one republican. The yes votes plus the Dems that said no was only 59 votes. I think if they had one more repub as a yes the Dems would have switched.

The answer is to get a republican introduced, nra backed bill that deals with mental illness. Cut them off at the knees.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

You can breathe but you can't rest.
    Molon Labe

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    Obama is about to go into the Rose Garden to deliver his brow beating.
    Poor little Obama is crying his eye’s out in the rose garden on the news about the back ground check being defeated and as he’s doing it he’s still stating all of the lies over and over again –IE- 90% of America want this and that fact is just dammed false.
    He also is boohooing about the various Senators that blocked the bill. I love seeing Obama crawling; he can take his gun bills and stick them where the sun doesn’t shine.
    You can expect a crap load of executive actions in the near future though.
    He also was crying about the voters to not elect the Senators in the next election, hell, the Senators were just voting what their constituents wanted, isn’t that just what the Senators and Congress men and women are supposed to do, give a voice of the people who voted them in.
    I hope Obama takes this and understands he can’t bully through everything he want’s.
    Next we need to push through his impeachment proceedings.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    This is a setback, now criminals can continue buying guns at gun shows. They make all the wrong moves in Congress.
    Expanded background checks was needed for better gun control and they failed to pass it. Well you know they are not gonna ban assault rifles if the background check failed. I don't see them passing anything for mag limitations either.
    Except for NY that is.
    OK -- maybe I'm just not that good recognizing sarcasm sometimes when I see it. Is this sarcasm, or is this what you really believe?
    If You have read any of His posts, You will see that CLUZNAR was not being sarcastic. He leans to the left side of the aisle.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    This is a setback, now criminals can continue buying guns at gun shows. They make all the wrong moves in Congress.
    Expanded background checks was needed for better gun control and they failed to pass it. Well you know they are not gonna ban assault rifles if the background check failed. I don't see them passing anything for mag limitations either.
    Except for NY that is.

And addressing only the serious gun owners on this site, has anyone seen a tally of the vote yet? I've seen Warbirds say that somehow only one Republican stood between failure and passage, but I don't understand how he came to that conclusion. I haven't been able to find the tally so far.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Poor little Obama is crying his eye’s out in the rose garden on the news about the back ground check being defeated and as he’s doing it he’s still stating all of the lies over and over again –IE- 90% of America want this and that fact is just dammed false.
    He also is boohooing about the various Senators that blocked the bill. I love seeing Obama crawling; he can take his gun bills and stick them where the sun doesn’t shine.
    He also was crying about the voters to not elect the Senators in the next election, hell, the Senators were just voting what their constituents wanted, isn’t that just what the Senators and Congress men and women are supposed to do, give a voice of the people who voted them in.
    I hope Obama takes this and understands he can’t bully through everything he want’s.
    Hey obummer could not tell the truth if his life depended on it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drzzit View Post
    If You have read any of His posts, You will see that CLUZNAR was not being sarcastic. He leans to the left side of the aisle.
    Thanks, now I don't have to bother reading any more of his posts!

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Obama doesn't care what the people want. This is all about him and what he wants. I find it hard to believe 90% of the public agreeing on anything. If that was really true this would have passed. Remember A majority didn't want Obama care, but that didn't matter. We couldn't even read the bill until it was passed. I don't recall him saying the people don't want this so I will scrap it. No way this had to be rammed down our throats.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast