Universal background checks fails - GC bill to be shelved for the rest of the year!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Universal background checks fails - GC bill to be shelved for the rest of the year!!!

Everyone who worked hard to defeat this bill can give themselves a well deserved pat on the back. But remember, the antis are just like us. They don't lick their wounds, they just keep coming. Don't relax yet, keep those e-mails and phone calls going!

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    This is a setback, now criminals can continue buying guns at gun shows. They make all the wrong moves in Congress.
    Expanded background checks was needed for better gun control and they failed to pass it. Well you know they are not gonna ban assault rifles if the background check failed. I don't see them passing anything for mag limitations either.
    Except for NY that is.
    The false premise is that there is a problem of criminals buying guns at gun shows. Anyone ever see any facts... like cites/links to actual figures from a credible source instead of Obama/Biden/Brady Campaign fear mongering... that criminals go to gun shows in order to avoid background checks when they buy guns?

Besides ... does anyone really think that one gang banger selling stolen guns out of the trunk of his car is going to do a background check on the other gang banger who is buying those guns?

What part of the glaringly obvious truth that criminals don't obey any laws, including laws requiring background checks, is so difficult for some people to understand?

And since criminals won't do background checks... exactly how will background checks control criminals who don't do .. background checks?

In my opinion.... people who think laws will stop criminals from breaking the law have got to be more obtuse than a rock.

Even Obama, Biden and the Brady bunch admit the current gun grab will do nothing to stop another Sandy Hook. These liberals and their special interest supporters have to show their good intentions by doing something. Solutions are never required. Emotional gratification is much more important.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

This is not the time to be boasting. The enemies are just Biden time. They may have more dollars than we do. The auto emails going around from the Brady’s and others are really hoping. The Obama PAC is stepping up the $3.00 plea more than ever. We must not gloat; we must send dollars to our folks. I shall continue to email snail mail and call the Hired Help in D.C and state. I have, in the past, sent letters of encouragement to Senator Cruz and Paul with a thank you letter. Sending just $5.00 to JPFO, GOA and dare I say it, the dreaded, baby killing/condoning NRA WILL help. I cannot believe how B. Hussein (Sotelo) Obama is ranting. He stated we need to vote them out of office. He is so presidential/divisive I cannot believe him. I want them to prioritize the FBI’s list. Brian Terry, the four in Benghazi and maybe then this act of misplaced community activism, the assault pressure cooker.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Drzzit View Post
    If You have read any of His posts, You will see that CLUZNAR was not being sarcastic. He leans to the left side of the aisle.
    Haven't seen too many of them. So is he one of the shills to which the recent GunsAmerica email refers?

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

And addressing only the serious gun owners on this site, has anyone seen a tally of the vote yet? I've seen Warbirds say that somehow only one Republican stood between failure and passage, but I don't understand how he came to that conclusion. I haven't been able to find the tally so far.

Blues
    "It needed 60 votes to pass, but failed 54-46.

Democrats voting against the amendment were Mark Begich of Alaska, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Mark Pryor of Arkansas and Max Baucus of Montana. (Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada switched his vote to no at the end, a procedural tactic that allows him to bring it up for a vote later.) In addition to Toomey, Republicans who supported the amendment were Sens. Mark Kirk of Illinois, Susan Collins of Maine and John McCain of Arizona." Obama chastises Senate over failed gun reform amendment

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    "It needed 60 votes to pass, but failed 54-46.

Democrats voting against the amendment were Mark Begich of Alaska, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Mark Pryor of Arkansas and Max Baucus of Montana. (Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada switched his vote to no at the end, a procedural tactic that allows him to bring it up for a vote later.) In addition to Toomey, Republicans who supported the amendment were Sens. Mark Kirk of Illinois, Susan Collins of Maine and John McCain of Arizona." Obama chastises Senate over failed gun reform amendment
    I really am surprised that Snow didn't vote for it. Maybe she saw which side her bread is buttered on.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

IT AIN'T OVER YET!!!

Today was a bunch of amendments to S.649, Reid's GC bill.

That bill is still in play, in it's original form. That version is still a stinky bill.

Keep the pressure on, keep the phone calls and emails flowing.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    This is a setback, now criminals can continue buying guns at gun shows. They make all the wrong moves in Congress.
    Expanded background checks was needed for better gun control and they failed to pass it. Well you know they are not gonna ban assault rifles if the background check failed. I don't see them passing anything for mag limitations either.
    Except for NY that is.
    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former but cluznar confirms the latter.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    The false premise is that there is a problem of criminals buying guns at gun shows. Anyone ever see any facts... like cites/links to actual figures from a credible source instead of Obama/Biden/Brady Campaign fear mongering... that criminals go to gun shows in order to avoid background checks when they buy guns?

Besides ... does anyone really think that one gang banger selling stolen guns out of the trunk of his car is going to do a background check on the other gang banger who is buying those guns?

What part of the glaringly obvious truth that criminals don't obey any laws, including laws requiring background checks, is so difficult for some people to understand?

And since criminals won't do background checks... exactly how will background checks control criminals who don't do .. background checks?

In my opinion.... people who think laws will stop criminals from breaking the law have got to be more obtuse than a rock.

I like the rock reference. LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast