Senate and Backgound Check Bill - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senate and Backgound Check Bill

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    The president is really mad now. After all the effort he put into parading victims before the cameras. All you uneducated hicks clinging to you bible and guns are at fault for making the US a more dangerous place.
    I'll gladly take that kind of insult.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    It failed by 6 votes not 16. Five of which were dems. So in reality we made it by 1 republican vote. Have no doubt the Dems would have switched if it could have passed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    +10 trillion

Cnon

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    It failed by 6 votes not 16. Five of which were dems. So in reality we made it by 1 republican vote. Have no doubt the Dems would have switched if it could have passed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    What pisses me off the most was that my senator, Senator Toomey (PA- R) helped write this nonsense. He ran his election with the platform of being pro-2nd Amendment. He has always supported the 2nd-Amendment. He has received many letters, emails, and phone calls from like-minded folks like myself that his days in the Senate are numbered if he continues through with this. He did. Unfortunately, I think he will try running on the backs of the libtards in Filthadelphia. But, since S.649 didn't pass, I think he just signed his own pink slip. Good riddance.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    don't go celebrating too much, we must remain vigilant, remember that UN stuff is still in play
    Oh yes, thanks for reminding me.. I have to register my firearms with the UN..... ROFLMAO

The UN is not greater than my Creator and my Creator bestowed these rights unto me. I'm just glad the UN wears blue helmets. Makes them more identifiable when they come looking for my firearms.

Also, the Senate already made an addendum to a bill about a month ago that says they will not support the UN small arms treaty. *shrugs* Will the addendum be enough? It pays to keep our ears to the floor and be ever vigilant like you said.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

UPDATE: I read shortly after my op that Harry Reid voted no. However it was said that HIS vote was a procedural vote. His voting no as Leader allows him to bring it up again as an amendment. I didn't know this 'til I read it and I'm sure that most of his constituents didn't either. Denny
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12