Senate and Backgound Check Bill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senate and Backgound Check Bill

Senate and Backgound Check Bill

Just heard on Fox that the Senate FAILED to get 60 votes on the increased background check bill that Reid thought he had in the bag. Fifty Four to Forty Six against.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

We dodged the bullet by 16 votes.
    Think about that statement.
    This Bill was Schumers dream.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

It failed by 6 votes not 16. Five of which were dems. So in reality we made it by 1 republican vote. Have no doubt the Dems would have switched if it could have passed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Actually the bullet was dodged by more than that. The bill would still have had to make it through the House, where the chances were far lower than they were in the Senate. Public support for this was waning, and it wasn't very high to begin with. The anti-gunners were also undercut by having the Boston incident divert all their free publicity and public attention somewhere else.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

don't go celebrating too much, we must remain vigilant, remember that UN stuff is still in play

The War Rages On.

Today a battle was won for the 2nd Amendment, but the War rages on and we must stand vigilant together protecting our rights.
    Those who voted to approve this will be working against us and we must do what we can to remove them from the equation to protect our rights today and tomorrow.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

They'll be back for round... whatever, just give it time... I'm sure there's another nut job out there just waiting to shoot more innocent people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

The president is really mad now. After all the effort he put into parading victims before the cameras. All you uneducated hicks clinging to you bible and guns are at fault for making the US a more dangerous place.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    The president is really mad now. After all the effort he put into parading victims before the cameras. All you uneducated hicks clinging to you bible and guns are at fault for making the US a more dangerous place.
    I think he's just pissed because so many people DARED to not believe all his lies.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Aw shucks, it was nothing, but thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast