Acts of Rebellion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Acts of Rebellion

  1. #1

    Acts of Rebellion

    "No one in the sphere of the Patriot/Liberty Community is interested in overthrowing the American government, but rather re-establishing the documents of its founding. It is a re-assertment of the Constitution that we seek.

    In order to brand any of us as revolutionaries, they must first admit that they have abandoned the Constitution. To do that would be to de-legitimize their own offices."

    Very true! This article distills my feelings pretty well. What say you?

    TL In Exile: Acts of Rebellion
    “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin

  2.   
  3. Great article, and very true.
    Pro-Second Amendment T-Shirts and Stickers, Patriotic Flags, Gun Bags, Backpacks
    Website: http://www.2adefender.com
    Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2Adefender

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by ajr2820 View Post
    "No one in the sphere of the Patriot/Liberty Community is interested in overthrowing the American government, but rather re-establishing the documents of its founding. It is a re-assertment of the Constitution that we seek.

    In order to brand any of us as revolutionaries, they must first admit that they have abandoned the Constitution. To do that would be to de-legitimize their own offices."

    Very true! This article distills my feelings pretty well. What say you?

    TL In Exile: Acts of Rebellion
    Website blocked on the gubment 'puters... I like the qoute though, very much so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  5. #4
    Right up until this part:

    "My cause is to the recognition of my rights as given to me by God "

    Would that be the same "God" that gave people the idea that the sun revolved around a flat earth back in the day?

    This is where the rebel, ultra-conservative movement has been and will continue to lose ground until they get their collectively religious heads out of their butts.

    But I agree wholeheartedly with the intent and premise, save that one little slip.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    Right up until this part:

    "My cause is to the recognition of my rights as given to me by God "

    Would that be the same "God" that gave people the idea that the sun revolved around a flat earth back in the day?

    This is where the rebel, ultra-conservative movement has been and will continue to lose ground until they get their collectively religious heads out of their butts.

    But I agree wholeheartedly with the intent and premise, save that one little slip.
    I would submit that the intent of that sentence was to mean that we are born with these rights. You would agree with that, correct? As you know, a great many people in this country believe in God and when they say "God given" it is to say we were endowed with these rights bu our creator.
    “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin

  7. #6
    As you probably fail to recognize, a great many people in this country want religion and gawd OUT of government and politics. Incessant harping on gawd-based justification for things like gun rights or birth control are tired old saws. Inalienable, born with and gawd-given mean fundamentally different things that many people in this country refuse to separate.

    All rationality ceases to matter to the majority of others who do not believe as you do on that subject, whether they recognize some form of higher being or not once you invoke "your" almighty.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    As you probably fail to recognize, a great many people in this country want religion and gawd OUT of government and politics. Incessant harping on gawd-based justification for things like gun rights or birth control are tired old saws. Inalienable, born with and gawd-given mean fundamentally different things that many people in this country refuse to separate.

    All rationality ceases to matter to the majority of others who do not believe as you do on that subject, whether they recognize some form of higher being or not once you invoke "your" almighty.
    You can read it any way you like so long as you are on the side of liberty. Personally, I believe in God. If someone else does not, that is not my issue. It is not for me to judge nor do I feel the need to be a convertor of men. If asked, I will give my opinions, but you are free to believe as you see fit. I guess the bottom line of what I was trying to convey is that, so long as you are on the side of liberty and freedom, I will fight along side you.
    “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,349
    Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    Right up until this part:

    "My cause is to the recognition of my rights as given to me by God "

    Would that be the same "God" that gave people the idea that the sun revolved around a flat earth back in the day?
    Never heard of that God. I assumed he was speaking of Christianity, but Christianity doesn't teach what you're claiming. Do you know something about the author's religion that we don't?
    .
    This is where the rebel, ultra-conservative movement has been and will continue to lose ground until they get their collectively religious heads out of their butts.

    But I agree wholeheartedly with the intent and premise, save that one little slip.
    Actually you don't agree with the intent and purpose at all. One of the key tenets of our founders was that all would be free to practice and espouse their religious preferences and ideals. The founders expressed their Christian ideals quite often, even in the context of how it influenced our government. You make it quite clear that you're very much opposed to people expressing their religious ideals. The article espouses a return to those original tenets and precepts of our founders, so you definitely don't agree with the intent and purpose of it at all.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  10. #9
    Question: "Would that be the same "God" that gave people the idea that the sun revolved around a flat earth back in the day?"
    Answer: "No. That idea was started by the same god that thought up the religion that worships the moon god."

    If one is unable to understand the original framers of the Constitution, then one could not truly understand TL in Exile's article.
    None of the original framers of the Constitution thought to keep God out of the government... all they intended was to keep the government from establishing a certain religion. It is "Freedom of", not "Freedom from"... regardless of how one might interpret it.
    Of course if I had been created by a couple of apes, or by the merging of some sort of fungus, I might think differently.

    I agree wholeheartedly with the article referenced in the OP.
    I do not espouse the overthrow of the government... I espouse the return to the Liberty that the Constitution originally framed.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    One of the key tenets of our founders was that all would be free to practice and espouse their religious preferences and ideals.
    Maybe you can explain how expressing freedom of religion equates to making laws affecting all people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I assumed he was speaking of Christianity
    Assumption seems to be the basis of every argument you make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Actually you don't agree with the intent and purpose at all.
    Calling me a liar, or just making presumptuous, accusatory statements from your religiously crippled feeble mind?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast