Executive Orders for gun control?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Executive Orders for gun control?

Executive Orders for gun control?

Biden says it's not over yet. Claims BO will use executive order to further his gun grabbing agenda.

RED ALERT: Biden Vows Obama Will Use Executive Orders To Further Gun Control After Senate Failure? | Weasel Zippers

This is the original source link:
    Biden Pledges More Executive Action On Guns "Later This Week"
    And it says this at the bottom:
    Update: A White House official told BuzzFeed the executive actions Biden was referring to on the call are part of Obama's original list of 23 executive actions on guns announced in January.
    That makes it sound like there really isn't anything new in the realm of executive orders after all.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Biden says it's not over yet. Claims BO will use executive order to further his gun grabbing agenda.

RED ALERT: Biden Vows Obama Will Use Executive Orders To Further Gun Control After Senate Failure? | Weasel Zippers

Executive Orders are temporary and only become law when not contested. It won't work.

Yup, received an alert from Dudley Brown, I shall seek.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

6. Id like to think we are safe from executive orders at this point. If Obama made an EO for the UBC, he'd be driving the final nail into the democratic coffin. To willfully act in such a way to basically say he thinks himself above the government by issuing an order going directly against what the senate and by extension the people wanted.

But then I did say I'd like to think... Truth is I believe he does see himself as above the rules of our government and think this move would be right up his alley.

Quote Originally Posted by influencer View Post
    Id like to think we are safe from executive orders at this point. If Obama made an EO for the UBC, he'd be driving the final nail into the democratic coffin. To willfully act in such a way to basically say he thinks himself above the government by issuing an order going directly against what the senate and by extension the people wanted.

But then I did say I'd like to think... Truth is I believe he does see himself as above the rules of our government and think this move would be right up his alley.
    He can do no wrong in the sight of the Media, he is covered by them. If he comes on the TV and says it it the right thing to do, that it will save one child and on and on, his base may very well back him. They do not know the law nor care. MSNBC and CNBC are rabid anti-American. He only acts after getting the ok and after the polls tell him what he should think and do. This is not Bubba Klinton, this is the pay back king. Maybe?!. Fat old men like me are often times wrong.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

I don't give a rat's ass what that douche bag in the oval office does, I will not comply. He's not my president and he has no authority over me.

III

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Executive Order WHHAAT?

For an executive order to be effective on what you do, YOU must first acknowledge that order is valid and that you really give a RAT'S A$$.
    Unless one or both of these facts are met, an executive order isn't worth the ink it was printed with, don't you know.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Executive Orders are temporary and only become law when not contested. It won't work.
    Executive orders are not automatically temporary unless they have a specific termination date written into them. However, they can be rescinded or superseded by subsequent EOs. A large number of EOs have been replaced that way. It's a somewhat common practice for an incoming administration to undo or modify what a previous administration has done.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    For an executive order to be effective on what you do, YOU must first acknowledge that order is valid and that you really give a RAT'S A$$.
    Unless one or both of these facts are met, an executive order isn't worth the ink it was printed with, don't you know.
    Is this true? Not so sure. I wouldn't want to be the federal employee who disregarded a written order by the President. Sounds like a good way to get chewed up by the system.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast