Another good article on the politics of guns by Kontra

Thread: Another good article on the politics of guns by Kontra

Another good article on the politics of guns by Kontra

While I am sure that many of the people on this forum will call me a libtard and other derogatory names because I have different social beliefs to a lot of you, I would like to draw your attention to another blog by Kontra. He, like me, has values that are to the left on a number of issues but can articulate very well on the pro-gun debate. Many of you will remember his last blog. Now here is his latest one.

3. Actually, it is an excellent article and I really appreciate the citations backing up each point. It is not really, however, advice to the gun control advocates as is averred. It really doesn't matter however because I believe the leaders of the pro-control movement are well aware of the falsity and speciousness of their arguments. They are after the hearts and minds of the uninformed, undecided, and confused in the center of this struggle-those who tend to believe what they are told, or fits with their gut feelings.

I can use this in my own proselytizing.
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

I've never heard of this guy, don't know how I missed him. HE'S GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Actually, it is an excellent article and I really appreciate the citations backing up each point. It is not really, however, advice to the gun control advocates as is averred..
    Well, it is in a sense. He is basically taking the pro-gun control position in order to show those that think pro-gun control that they really do not have a logical argument. It is sound reasoning really. You have to genuinely empathize with the pro-gun control people in order to get them to understand what is going on and come to same conclusions that you have. Otherwise you will get nowhere with them. Look at Obama, he has lost the argument but still persists with his fallacious quest. You are not going to convince him by shouting at him. You need to be able to get his ear before you can get him to change his position.

The sort of argument that Kontra puts up is at least likely to appeal to some of the pro-gun control brigade and maybe sway their thinking a little.

Intelligent people that can process facts to reach a rational conclusions don't have problems with guns, and recognize that we are safer as armed citizens. Idiots can't, and even when you clearly demonstrate with facts that gun laws don't work, and more importantly create a more dangerous environment. How utterly insane that the man from Chicago is pushing for gun control.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Liberals don't care about solutions. They live for pure emotions and good intentions. Just look at the liberal programs that have been handed out through the years. They never go away when they don't work. They expand and throw more money at them. The gun laws haven't worked either so instead of evaluating the current laws the fix is to add new ones. Outcome is the same, no solution.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan