My Toilet

Thread: My Toilet

My Toilet

This is an email from a friend. Pretty well says it all.

My Toilet Doesn't Work.......

Watch to the very end and enjoy.......

My Toilet Doesn't Work! Watch this video - it's GREAT!!
    This is as good as it gets...if you don't watch this one, you'll miss
    out on an excellent argument.
    I AGREE with him! His points are well taken.... I hate the pig-tail light bulbs- but they do save money and energy- how about making one that has an attractive glow to it- in the U.S.? I need a new toilet and believe me- I'm not going to buy one that

3. Pigtail fluorescent lightbulbs (and most all fluorescent tubes) are not environmentally friendly. They contain mercury, a very poisonous metal, which may be a hazard to small children if they are around them when they break.

After watching this video, I broke out laughing at Rand Paul's comparisons. He is right. There are too many people in power in government today, in both parties, that claim they are "pro-choice" who are really only pro-choice for the way they believe. If someone does not share their beliefs, then that person is just wrong and their "choice" does not count.
    - It doesn't matter if the prescribed solution makes no sense economically or with real scientific study as long as someone says we will save the environment "for our children" by doing something. When I am told what kind of lightbulb, toilet, grocery bag, "energy-saving" appliance, car, etc. I must buy, I believe they have ceased being "pro-choice" and have become unreasonable. When these same people that are supposed to represent us care more about their agenda for enhancing government's control and power over our lives than letting us live our lives, they are unreasonable. When they use their power to cater to rich, influential individuals or corporations that make those individuals or businesses richer and the politician richer, but cost me money or causes inconvenience, that is unreasonable. When these same politicians decide to determine "winners and losers" instead of letting the free market decide, that is unreasonable. Especially when they give billions to those "winners" who spend it, then end up going out of business because nobody wants what they produce. Or the business uses that bailout to produce their product in another country, that is unreasonable. It is time the "pro-choice" crowd practice what they preach about pro-choice and let us have choices instead of having some bureacrat decide that "choice" for us. We need more Rand Pauls to carry that message.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

Great post Grunt! Rand is basically saying "Don't Tread on ME!"
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I agree completely. It wouldn't be so bad if the new things actually worked as good or better than what we're replacing. The curly little light bulbs are totally inadequate for reading or lighting a room. If you have to use three or four to replace each old one, are you saving energy? If I have to flush a toilet two or three times to flush a little piece of toilet paper, am I actually saving any water? If they want to manufacture these things as OPTIONS to what we're using, fine. If they say we HAVE to use them, they are stepping all over our rights. But then that's nothing new.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I used to share a now-defunct forum with an ultra-leftist New Zealander. We argued constantly. The only time that I recall making him laugh was when I mentioned in a post something about how our government had basically made it illegal for me to flush my over-sized...umm....waste with less than two or three attempts plus a vigorous plunging. So there's a leftist, global warmer, radical environmentalist who laughed uncontrollably at the notion that government had a legitimate interest in limiting the gallon capacity of toilet tanks. I spent around eight years on that board before it closed, and I can honestly say that it was the only thing that leftist and I ever agreed on.

So if there are any New Zealanders reading this now, go flush your toilet for FREEDOM! Take a big over-sized dump for liberty!

Man, this world has really gone in the crapper.....

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Good post OG!! Rand nailed it!! Libs scream and howl about how Conservatives want to tell others how to live but it is they who do it constantly. The lib-o-rats demand that parents are not notified if their daughter has an abortion but they will hold the parents responsible if their child shape a pop tart into a gun. They demand that if one person objects to a religious symbol that it be taken down. But if we are offended by something then WE are the ones who are not tolerant! But they are the tolerant, intelligent and knows best how they world should be run.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs up

Rand Paul ; 1

LibTarded Fascist ; 0
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

We had a toilet and drainfield system at work designed by the USACE. The young lady who did the designing came down and was so happy about "her" system. Told her to go in and use it without getting up first. The solution was a sign that said do not flush while sitting. It was low volume but high pressure jet aimed into the trap section. The suction due to the venturi affect could suck start a Harley. Our home toilets use 1.7 gallons per flush which is better for our drainfields. The solution to pollution is dilution.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    Good post OG!! Rand nailed it!! Libs scream and howl about how Conservatives want to tell others how to live but it is they who do it constantly. The lib-o-rats demand that parents are not notified if their daughter has an abortion but they will hold the parents responsible if their child shape a pop tart into a gun. They demand that if one person objects to a religious symbol that it be taken down. But if we are offended by something then WE are the ones who are not tolerant! But they are the tolerant, intelligent and knows best how they world should be run.
    You are dead on target. It's the liberals that are quick to force us to live the life they dictate. The public doesn't want alcohol mixed gas so the liberals make it a law forcing every one to use it. Light bulbs, toilets, cars, public transportation...... They either force us to use things by law or heavily subsidize things to make them affordable so we use them.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan