Boston, Watertown. Storm trooper search - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston, Watertown. Storm trooper search

I would not have allowed them into my home. Then again, there would not have been any need to. I would have been able to tell them that I am well armed and in the presence of no less than 5 dogs so nobody is getting into or hiding in my house without me knowing.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamguy9 View Post
    Emergencies and Martial Law do not nullify the Fourth Amendment. Any person who allowed a search without a warrant was giving away his rights. If you are believe that you home and property are clear then you have no reason to consent to a search and the authorities have little reason to force a search. If they insist on searching, they must be able to prove "Probable Cause" in court.
    Well yes, if they follow the law, but do you really expect our government to follow the law. Warrantless searches, warrantless wiretaps, denial of due process, selective suspension of Habeas Corpus, torture and declaring that Americans can be killed outright, are that's just the short list of illegal activities that have occurred repeatedly since 9/11.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I only live about 30 minutes from Boston and understand what a lot of you are saying. That being said....the one thing you might not understand is this....that area where all of this was taking place is made up of people that don't think like you and I. The vast majority of them have probably never shot a gun ...never mind own one ! Most of the people in this state that own guns are the ones like myself that live in the suburbs. The other fact is they were afraid the suspect might have been a walking bomb and people were happy to see the police checking their yards, basements and whatever.
    This act of terrorism was something that caused a great deal of suffering in peoples lives and I am sure that many people ..including the police etc. were working under an extreme amount of stress and fear... as is to be expected.I think you people that are saying you would not let them check your property are probably sputtering a little too quick...the police, FBI and all the rest that were involved really did handle the situation very quickly and extremely well.
    No....I am not a Liberal...I am the furthest thing from it....but you have to give credit where credit is due !

They can look in my yard, under my vehicles, and even in my boat (if I had one), but they are not entering my house unless they choose to overpower me with force.

I've also seen too many instances where LEO's can't tell the difference between a friendly dog and a vicious dog, and just shoot dogs because they seem they have total impunity when they do. I have two big friendly dogs, but I'm sure they would raise hell if a swat team came in.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

6. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Well yes, if they follow the law, but do you really expect our government to follow the law. Warrantless searches, warrantless wiretaps, denial of due process, selective suspension of Habeas Corpus, torture and declaring that Americans can be killed outright, are that's just the short list of illegal activities that have occurred repeatedly since 9/11.
    It is up to YOU to see that they follow the law. This isn't the whole world we are talking about, it's YOUR home and property. If you can't see that the Law is obeyed in your home or on your property then there are two possibilities, either they (obviously) stole your rights or you did not have the strength of will to insist on them. It isn't THEIR duty to enforce the law, it's YOURS.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

[*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    I would not have allowed them into my home. Then again, there would not have been any need to. I would have been able to tell them that I am well armed and in the presence of no less than 5 dogs so nobody is getting into or hiding in my house without me knowing.
    I only have two. A German Rottie and a Rhodesian Ridgeback/Rottie. Got to watch out for the RR/R as he does have an attitude. Even though he is a loving dog, he is bred to be able to take care of himself in a fight with a Lion. And that means he will defend his turf. And I have plenty of scars from his play. Boston, Watertown. Storm trooper search-photo030.jpgAt nine months of age.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by mrob1980 View Post
    I think you people that are saying you would not let them check your property are probably sputtering a little too quick...the police, FBI and all the rest that were involved really did handle the situation very quickly and extremely well.
    No....I am not a Liberal...I am the furthest thing from it....but you have to give credit where credit is due !

Even with all the armored cars,
    real assault weapons,
    overly large numbers, including every alphabet soup branch of the government,
    shutting down mass transit,
    telling business to close,
    road blocks everywhere,
    forcing innocent people from their homes at gun point to search illegally.

It was an aware citizen who found him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast