Boston, Watertown. Storm trooper search - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Boston, Watertown. Storm trooper search

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Gentlemen, I see by your yellow vest and shoulder insignia that you are the military police. My military obligation has been completely satisfied decades ago, nor am I on a military reservation or base, I am a US citizen on the streets of a US city, where my constitutional rights will be respected. I appreciate your service to the country, but clearly I am not 19 year olds, thus obviously not person you are looking for, so I am in no way obligated to show you my identification. Have a nice day.
    Yep, unless they had a regular LEO or National Guard with them, they can pound sand. Note they have no badges nor do they have a weapon on them. They can't as they aren't law enforcement off of their base. Even in a declared emergency, the National Guard has the ammo while the military guys only have empty guns. Unless someone starts shooting at them. Have a nice day guys but you are not looking at my ID.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    They can look in my yard, under my vehicles, and even in my boat (if I had one), but they are not entering my house unless they choose to overpower me with force.

I've also seen too many instances where LEO's can't tell the difference between a friendly dog and a vicious dog, and just shoot dogs because they seem they have total impunity when they do. I have two big friendly dogs, but I'm sure they would raise hell if a swat team came in.
    Curtilage. The courts have long held that your freedom from illegal searches extends to the area around your house, outbuildings, cars, and boats parked in your back yard. It is sad that these tyrannical police state activities are happening in the birth place of the American Revolution. They did overpower the Waterton residents - with force! Those residents opened their door to militarized infantry at the point of a gun. You would've pissed yourself too, and complied out of self preservation. It looks like the police state apparatus has already won the battle, at least in the states that have given up their second amendment rights like Masshole, FairyMaryland, Cuntnecticut, and New Joke.
    Last edited by weekendskp; 04-26-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: originally listed Newton as location.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

This could have been done better. let the swat guys sweep the neighborhoods and have the beat cops checking door to door. only if something fishy was going on would they have needed to enter a residence.

My question is what if someone said no? what if someone said go get a warrant? would their rights have been upheld or would we be seeing them on foxnews?
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    This could have been done better. let the swat guys sweep the neighborhoods and have the beat cops checking door to door. only if something fishy was going on would they have needed to enter a residence.

My question is what if someone said no? what if someone said go get a warrant? would their rights have been upheld or would we be seeing them on foxnews?
    We'll never know, because not one of those pu$$y SOB's had the huevos to do anything.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

I have to say after looking at some of the videos that I originaly missed on this ....the police and all of the others did go way overboard !! I saw a video where they made people leave their houses and they were repeatedly patted down !! WTF Not sure why these people agreed to leave their homes and get frisked like they were the bomber. I have not yet heard of anyone that has filed any complaints yet...would be interesting to hear of such.

You would be surprised how many of us " Massholes " are constantly fighting for our 2nd amendment rights ! Just curious....if they knocked at your door with guns pointed at you ....are you taking on the whole friggin bunch ? Good luck with that....better have a better plan !

All things considered I am thankful no one got shot during the search.
    Consider the following...
    The cops were already as hyped up as they could get from the bombing itself.
    They were pissed off that two guys would not be making shift change with them due to the brother's actions.
    They did well not to shoot the second subject.
    Any person they would have seen as a threat would very likely gotten shot

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    Curtilage. The courts have long held that your freedom from illegal searches extends to the area around your house, outbuildings, cars, and boats parked in your back yard. It is sad that these tyrannical police state activities are happening in the birth place of the American Revolution. They did overpower the Waterton residents - with force! Those residents opened their door to militarized infantry at the point of a gun. You would've pissed yourself too, and complied out of self preservation. It looks like the police state apparatus has already won the battle, at least in the states that have given up their second amendment rights like Masshole, FairyMaryland, Cuntnecticut, and New Joke.
    Mistake #1, opening the damn door. Tell them through the door that no one that does not belong is in the house, and you are capable of defending you home.

Of course I would never even consider living in such a candy ass state.

It is outrageous that the state where the first shots were fired for freedom from the tyranny of government oppression is now the state with the least freedom and most tyrannical government exists. Read the history of your own damn state, and man up, stand up, or turn in your citizenship card. I read an article in my wife's issue of "Women & Guns" magazine the other day on how every event has resulted in more restrictive gun laws in MA. I wanted to vomit at the knee jerk ignorance, and were I a MA resident, probably would have vomited.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    All things considered I am thankful no one got shot during the search.
    Consider the following...
    The cops were already as hyped up as they could get from the bombing itself.
    They were pissed off that two guys would not be making shift change with them due to the brother's actions.
    They did well not to shoot the second subject.
    Any person they would have seen as a threat would very likely gotten shot
    No humans, I really wonder how many dogs were shot as they responded aggressive to storm troopers charging through their house. I have two very friendly Labs, but I feel certain they would have stood their ground with jack booted thugs yelling at me and storming through the house. How many children have night mares over having rifles pointed at them.

It's actually amazing that the cops were able to control themselves and not shoot any curly haired 19 year old they found in these houses. Better than LA cops that shot up pickups that were the wrong make and color.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Exactly...most of those guys have trained for this type of scenario ...but have not experienced the real deal. If you had answered your door with weapons drawn....you wouldn't be here today. This type of terrorism is still something the American citizens are not used to seeing in their own country.
    Other parts of the world live this way...lets hope it doesn't get that way here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast