Boston, Watertown. Storm trooper search
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston, Watertown. Storm trooper search

Boston, Watertown. Storm trooper search

It seems like they are desensitizing us for martial law.
    Would you have let the troops into and search your home?

You live in the Boston area? Pose this question to Bostonians because you'll find that they wanted cops in their neighborhood....in their homes looking for a terrorist that blew up an 8 yr old and caused an immediate halt if an entire city. I live in New England. ..and only hours from Boston. No way would I impede a massive search such as this one. I'm all about the 4th A but this search was a completely different dynamic than what you watch on Cops. There was and continues to be a huge support for Boston, State and Fed LE in this case.

Having police searching the neighborhood-fine, knocking door to door checking on people-fine, entering and searching homes-no.

I see what you mean, but it could be a slippery slope.

one day, everyday everywhere will be like that. Then it will be too late, to stop it.

I live in New England, only hours from Boston as well.
    I was born just north of bean town and worked in Dorchester for years.
    I would not have allowed the "Brown Shirts" into my home... Period.
    Come on people. They rolled out MRAPS, Humvees and BlackHawk Helicopters to search for a 19 year old kid!
    They had Thermal imaging and night vision?
    Am I the only one who thought this was insanely overboard?
    A "voluntary" lock down of BOSTON? How much explosives did these guys have that would require that level of a response?
    I'm all for catching (or killing if a last resort) the kid but what, 2,000 men with dogs, ASUALT WEAPONS (fully auto I'm sure) and MANDATORY searches of residents homes with no warrant?
    A "lock down" of all business and schools. Restricted movement by residents?
    Wow! Can you say martial law?

I am sorry but if I still lived there, my name would be all over the news as the "guy who wouldn't allow them to search my home".

People just didn't feel they had a right to stop it from happening. A group of six guys, in full on battle dress, carrying "machine guns" tell you to open up so they can search your house.
    How many of those people were absolutely intimidated by them and thus complied out of fear?
    I don't think this was any kind of "test". I just think they went way off the deep end on this one!

6. I would have tried to not be searched as I would have already done it. If they don't believe me, get a warrant. It isn't martial law, so they have no right as far as I can tell. If I owned a business, I might have opened up shop as well just to make the point.

But I suspect that the Patriot Act might actually allow them to do these searches with or without permission and I'm not going to get myself killed over it in a case like this.

We need to find a way to be safe and protect our rights. Raiding every home isn't the way it should be in America, for anything. That is exactly what the Constitution is meant to protect.

More research to do on what the laws say. Life in a free country shouldn't be this hard. It didn't used to be.

After the two brothers engaged in a gun battle with police early Friday, authorities surveying the scene of the shootout found it was loaded with unexploded homemade bombs. They also found more than 250 rounds of ammunition.

Police Commissioner Ed Davis said the stockpile was "as dangerous as it gets in urban policing."
    Over hyped much? The IEDs maybe but to include the ammo count is just pandering. 250 rounds? That isn't much. That's a short shooting session at the range. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Interrogation: Bombing Suspect Won't Get Miranda Rights, Will Face Elite Investigators
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I misspoke in the original comment. I said martial law.

It was called a "lockdown". 1984 speech!

Quote Originally Posted by trailboss View Post
    I misspoke in the original comment. I said martial law.

It was called a "lockdown". 1984 speech!
    No matter what they call it, it still amounts to they same thing.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

The government's response to every event since 9/11 is to further instill fear in the average American, and train the sheep to obey and not question no matter how illegal their actions. This was a test to see how well the average American has learned their lesson. Martial Law and warrantless searches will be the next step. The 1A, 2A, 4A and 14A will be suspended during the next test.

Part of the training is to also desensitize law enforcement into violation of citizens rights and not to question illegal orders they may be given.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

11. Emergencies and Martial Law do not nullify the Fourth Amendment. Any person who allowed a search without a warrant was giving away his rights. If you are believe that you home and property are clear then you have no reason to consent to a search and the authorities have little reason to force a search. If they insist on searching, they must be able to prove "Probable Cause" in court.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast