KNEE-JERK ALERT! Reid Introduces Ammo/Gun Powder Background Check Bill - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KNEE-JERK ALERT! Reid Introduces Ammo/Gun Powder Background Check Bill

1. Count me in as paranoid when even my liberal friends are starting to go gun and ammo purchase crazy.

I was talking to this very cute girl who voted the wrong way in both elections but is now truly scared of the Crazy Ivan the Government is taking us. BTW She doesn't care for guns (or why we all even carry) but we have a date to go onto a range to shoot my expensive ammo.
    When all other methods of protest have been dismantled, the system leaves us with only two options: stand and fight, or kneel and beg for mercy. All you need to know is what YOU would do when faced with that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Totidem Verbis View Post
    Count me in as paranoid when even my liberal friends are starting to go gun and ammo purchase crazy.

I was talking to this very cute girl who voted the wrong way in both elections but is now truly scared of the Crazy Ivan the Government is taking us. BTW She doesn't care for guns (or why we all even carry) but we have a date to go onto a range to shoot my expensive ammo.
    BS without pics. Good luck converting her.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Blog Entries
    Count me in as paranoid when even my liberal friends are starting to go gun and ammo purchase crazy.

You're just pissing in the wind. Look for a Thai girl. They already know how to shoot.

KNEE-JERK ALERT! Reid Introduces Ammo/Gun Powder Background Check Bill

Free advertising. Look at all the coverage.

Notice the chances this bill has:
    Status
    This bill was assigned to a congressional committee on April 23, 2013, which will consider it before possibly sending it on to the House or Senate as a whole.
    Progress
    Introduced Apr 23, 2013
    Referred to Committee Apr 23, 2013
    Reported by Committee ...
    Passed Senate ...
    Passed House ...
    Signed by the President ...
    Prognosis
    8% chance of getting past committee.
    2% chance of being enacted.

Only 12% of Senate bills made it past committee and only 2% were enacted in 2011–2013. [show factors | methodology]

Win them over, even if it's one at a time. Besides she's cute, that's a twofer! Good luck!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

I guess the fact that I drive a diesel truck and ranch/garden, wife does flower with ammonium nitrate, makes me illegal, screw Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    Well, the powder that I use to reload is not an explosive, stupid stupid Harry.
    Kind of proves that the people that come up with these bills don't know difference between a rooster perched on a hammer or a cocked hammer.
    Either way this bill must be destroyed.
    It's like I have said many times before, the people proposing these laws make such stupid comments concerning firearms and ammo it is obvious that they know nothing about them. And we are supposed to listen to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    It's like I have said many times before, the people proposing these laws make such stupid comments concerning firearms and ammo it is obvious that they know nothing about them. And we are supposed to listen to them?
    The problem is too many "low information / no brain" people do. And they vote.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    The question becomes, what explosive was used in Boston? Was it gunpowder? Was it C-4? Was it some other kind of military explosive? Why has it not been divulged? Surely the FBI knew what it was within 24-36 hours. Is it a secret because it points to outside help? Or is it a secret so that the Dem's can restrict gunpowder/ammo?
    Definitely was not any kind of plasticized or military grade explosive. It looked ammonium nitrate based to me but it could have been powder.

And idk why people keep calling powder an explosive... Really shows there ignorance to anyone who knows what they're taking about. The only reason those bombs has any explosive force was because it was in a pressurized vessel. The pressure cooker is more dangerous than the powder. Any kind of self oxidized fuel would have had the same result... Match heads, gasoline with a little Nitrous... They can't ban everything but it sure wont stop them from trying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12