KNEE-JERK ALERT! Reid Introduces Ammo/Gun Powder Background Check Bill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KNEE-JERK ALERT! Reid Introduces Ammo/Gun Powder Background Check Bill

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA

KNEE-JERK ALERT! Reid Introduces Ammo/Gun Powder Background Check Bill

I know y'all won't be surprised, but figured you should know as soon as possible.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday introduced a bill that would require background checks to be run on anyone buying explosive powder, a reaction to last week's Boston Marathon bombing.

Reid introduced the bill, S. 792, for Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.), who has been out sick for much of the year. But in a press statement, Lautenberg said the Boston bombing shows that background checks are needed for explosive materials.

"It defies common sense that anyone, even a terrorist, can walk into a store in America and buy explosive powders without a background check or any questions asked," Lautenberg said Tuesday. "Requiring a background check for an explosives permit is a small price to pay to ensure the safety of our communities.

I realize nothing is mentioned in the piece about ammo specifically, so anyone is welcome to consider that my inclusion of it in the title of the thread is just an example of my "paranoia." For the rest of y'all, which I believe is a sizable majority, let's watch this legislation's progress with our usual confidence in the knowledge that Reid and all of his Congress-critter-cohorts never have an eye set towards the notion of limiting their authority to control us, and always set their sights on exerting the most control they can get away with. If, in this case, it stops at gun powder, that only means they've delayed their attempts to do the same with ammo, so that's why I included it in the title.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Well, you got the jerk part right. Never could stand Reid.

GEE. I'm sure glad they didn't use diesel fuel. It would sure be a pain to submit to a background check every time I fill up my truck.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Gee, no background checks for pressure pots?
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Well, the powder that I use to reload is not an explosive, stupid stupid Harry.
    Kind of proves that the people that come up with these bills don't know difference between a rooster perched on a hammer or a cocked hammer.
    Either way this bill must be destroyed.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    Gee, no background checks for pressure pots......yet?
    There, fixed. Nope, not yet. Soon though, soon.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    There, fixed. Nope, not yet. Soon though, soon.

Blues
    YUP! Those sensitive caring libs are outlawing backpacks at the Kentucky Derby. Man I feel safer already.
    Now they are saying the Islamic Jihadists used fireworks whats next outlawing fireworks. No wait, at least here it New York that has already been done.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Another door opens for the usual progressive liberal elite to take more freedoms away. Sense it's for our safety and well being the sleeping giant will continue to snooze. After all it doesn't directly effect me does it?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

The question becomes, what explosive was used in Boston? Was it gunpowder? Was it C-4? Was it some other kind of military explosive? Why has it not been divulged? Surely the FBI knew what it was within 24-36 hours. Is it a secret because it points to outside help? Or is it a secret so that the Dem's can restrict gunpowder/ammo?
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    The question becomes, what explosive was used in Boston? Was it gunpowder? Was it C-4? Was it some other kind of military explosive? Why has it not been divulged? Surely the FBI knew what it was within 24-36 hours. Is it a secret because it points to outside help? Or is it a secret so that the Dem's can restrict gunpowder/ammo?
    I'm goin' with all of the above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast