Later May Be Too Late

Thread: Later May Be Too Late

Later May Be Too Late

Later May Be Too Late

What next? Are we to be forced to consume a daily diet of triumphalist slogans, embellished by groveling, imbecilic praise for the president?

If we believe that the Declaration of Independence is correct and we are "endowed" with "unalienable" rights, including the Second Amendment, then those rights come from a source beyond and superior to the state and as such can only be relinquished to the state by our own craven acts of mental and physical capitulation.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Good read and some very good points. As a plaque on my wall says, "Prepare now, it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark". It may not be raining but the sky is sure getting dark.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

If it is not already.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    If it is not already.

I feel it may well be too late as well. If we can somehow stem the tide of state interference in our lives it will take literally generations to restore what is rightfully ours.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    It may not be raining but the sky is sure getting dark.
    I refer to it as "the sound of distant thunder." Same thing.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I feel it may well be too late as well. If we can somehow stem the tide of state interference in our lives it will take literally generations to restore what is rightfully ours.
    No, it isn't. Despite the more than 20,000 gun control laws on the books nationwide, the right has not yet been lost. If we let our guard down, it will ultimately be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    No, it isn't. Despite the more than 20,000 gun control laws on the books nationwide, the right has not yet been lost. If we let our guard down, it will ultimately be lost.
    Failing a blanket court ruling or legislation definitively recognizing our rights, there is no 'quick fix.'

If we must follow the course begun with Heller, the courts will grudgingly recognize gun rights one small decision at a time. I do feel that Heller has given us something to go on, SCOTUS stating that 2A recognizes an individual preexistent right; the way the courts define what that means is crucial.

We currently live under a government assumption that rights are conferred from above. Perhaps we are now beginning to move back to recognition that the Constitution limits government, and the 10th amendment still applies.

I'll blow the dust off of it and paste it here for you:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam