GOP Lawmakers to introduce 'The AMMO Act' to help combat Govt. ammo stockpiling.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOP Lawmakers to introduce 'The AMMO Act' to help combat Govt. ammo stockpiling.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Post GOP Lawmakers to introduce 'The AMMO Act' to help combat Govt. ammo stockpiling.

Republicans in the Senate and House are expected to introduce a joint bill Friday that would limit the amount of ammunition that federal agencies are allowed to buy and stockpile over the next six months, the Washington Free Beacon reports.

The bill, titled the Ammunition Management for More Accountability or “AMMO” Act, is being proposed after several lawmakers have voiced concerns about some federal agencies, like the Department of Homeland Security, seemingly stockpiling large quantities of ammo.

“DHS, for instance, has placed two-years worth of ammunition, or nearly 247 million rounds, in its inventory,” the Free Beacon notes.

In a statement provided to the Washington Free Beacon, one of the bill’s co-sponsors, Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), said federal agencies must provide more “transparency and accountability” in regards to its “stockpiles of ammunition.”

“President Obama has been adamant about curbing law-abiding Americans’ access and opportunities to exercise their Second Amendment rights…One way the Obama administration is able to do this is by limiting what’s available in the market with federal agencies purchasing unnecessary stockpiles of ammunition,” the statement adds.

GOP Lawmakers Hope to Combat Ammunition Stockpiling by Gov?t Agencies With AMMO Act | TheBlaze.com
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

They should have them put in a provision that forces the DHS and other agencies to return the overstock inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by GB-Boater View Post
    They should have them put in a provision that forces the DHS and other agencies to return the overstock inventory.
    Agree 1000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DHS is suppose to be an information clearing house for police agencies. What do they need weapons for? They are not suppose to be another government police agency. Am I missing something? Now I did it, I stepped outside the politically correct box.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Turn it in!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that bi-partisan support from Congress, for this particular Bill, lends credence to my statements that the government is responsible for the shortage of ammunition.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Curious to see what will become of this one.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    DHS is suppose to be an information clearing house for police agencies. What do they need weapons for? They are not suppose to be another government police agency. Am I missing something? Now I did it, I stepped outside the politically correct box.
    DHS is the umbrella agency for smaller agencies like C&BP. But the problem is, like all gov't agencies, too many chiefs and bean counters and not enough Indians. Take a look at the USCG's ammo use and compare it to the rest of the agency.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Obama said that "we need a civilian force as well equipped and as well trained as the US Military. I have no idea why, but we now know who.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    Obama said that "we need a civilian force as well equipped and as well trained as the US Military. I have no idea why, but we now know who.
    The "why" is because Oboyimanutjob wants his thumb on his own private army to strengthen his chances of being dictator.
    He should be arrested, tried for treason for aiding and abetting the Islamic enemies of the United States, convicted, sentenced to firing squad, and the sentence summarily carried out without delay. That's my opinion.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast