Missouri House Bill 436

Thread: Missouri House Bill 436

Missouri House Bill 436

The Missouri House passed HB 436 known as the Second Amendment Preservation Act. This actually restores some of my lost hope about civilization going down the proverbial toilet.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Another state felt the need to tell the Feds NO!
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Lines 51 and 52 say:

We deny any claim that the taxing and spending powers of Congress can be used to diminish in any way the people's right to keep and bear arms....
    Taken together with other language claiming the sole authority of the State of Missouri to regulate manufacture etc. of firearms, it would seem that MO is now set up to license manufacturers within the state to produce full-autos that are only sold within the state to MO residents, and ignore the $400 tax stamp, registration requirements etc. That's the way I read it anyway.

Do you think that's what it says, weekendskp, and if so, do you think the legislature intended that meaning, and further if so on that point, do you expect in-state full-autos to become available in coming months/years?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Of course, I'm no attorney; I only play one on TV, but CMMG recently moved to MO, and they sell silencers. You could buy one from them, and not be required to have the tax stamp. I do think the language is inentional. If the law passes as written, one could manufacture, machine, fabricate any type of firearm not specifically illegal according to Missouri Revised Statutes, and no one from the BATFE could say, "boo". I'd say Missouri could very well give Texas a run for their money in attracting gun and gun accessory manufacturers to the state.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992