U.S. Troops Fire on Civilians? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Troops Fire on Civilians?

Quote Originally Posted by Totidem Verbis View Post
    We were asked the same sort of questions back in the late 80's. At this point it seems like they are checking if they have the numbers "by now." It would be good to know at what percentage they believe they can successfully repeat a Boston style martial law in every city all at once.

One of the indicators would be how they are training. Are orders absolute or is there a distinction between lawful and unlawful and are they allowed to make that determination. Can a private be made a leader or are they suppose to wait for one? Is there a lawyer I.e., political officer part of every team?
    Sounds like the old Soviet Army with their political officers. We are getting more like that every day while Russia is becoming more capitalistic. What a reversal of directions!

US troops fired on unarmed students at Kent State killing 4 and wounding 9. It will be 43 years ago on this Saturday.

U.S. Troops Fire on Civilians?-kent_state_massacre.jpg
    “If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time.” ~ Randy Pausch

Here's something to think about, Google "no hesitation targets" and you'll find out what the military and police are using for target practice.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Here's something to think about, Google "no hesitation targets" and you'll find out what the military and police are using for target practice.
    Feds or not, you bust in my door and I'll have "no hesitation" in targeting and inflicting lead poisoning. Might be my last breath but it'll be my last FREE breath.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Targets like these.....

they (let) have been selling those targets for years, in fact back up north many ranges open to the public banned the use of those targets and even silhouettes on their ranges.

There will most certainly be some troops that would fire on civilians. That said we would have considerable support from the real military, the combat veterans. The Administration's own actions are the very thing that gives me some hope. These political hacks are desperate to disarm the returning veterans because they believe they are dangerous to their plans. The DHS is being made into the private army our great leader talked about 5 years ago because these people can't count on the military. Look at the "Oath Keepers" website. There are also a large number of LEOs who have openly spoken out against gun control.

That said; peaceful resistance is for now the best chance we have. Any other action would be regrettable and very costly. The progressives think that they are very near to to their goal and will stop at nothing to complete their plans. Progressives are dangerous fanatics who believe that any actions to complete their plans are justified. They will stop at nothing to bring about the end of this republic and individual liberty. There is only a small minority of citizens who know and support the Constitution. The progressives know very well what their game plan is. The vast majority of the people are really ignorant about where we are headed. We must try to change as many minds as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    some will many won't, you do realize that the boys are trained to follow orders now and think about it, never
    No they aren't. You watch too many movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    And this goes with what they are doing also, this Army says no to more tanks, but Congress insists | Fox News
    That's nothing more than congressmen and senators bringing pork back to their home districts, much of it right here in Ohio where I currently live. And the fact that the Army doesn't want them actually does more to disprove these conspiracy theories than to support them. The site linked in the original post is tinfoil hat central.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totidem Verbis View Post
    We were asked the same sort of questions back in the late 80's. At this point it seems like they are checking if they have the numbers "by now." It would be good to know at what percentage they believe they can successfully repeat a Boston style martial law in every city all at once.
    Who is "we" and what were you asked? The Department of Defense has never asked service members if they would fire on civilians and they aren't asking now. Some Marines at 29 Palms were asked a while back, but the DoD didn't ask them. It was a guy doing a master's research paper, but the conspiracy theorists made it sound like the DoD was asking because it sounded more sinister that way. And the reason that survey became so well known is because the Marines who received it resented being asked the question and they circulated it online in opposition, which again does more to disprove these conspiracy theories than to support them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedcowboy View Post
    We can only hope soldiers remember their duty to uphold the Constitution, ignore illegal orders and arrest the officer issuing the illegal order.
    As has always been the case, there will probably be a small number who blindly obey at first, but most of those will be corrected by others who remind them of their duty to the Constitution and to the distinction between lawful orders and unlawful orders. Those that remain would be the ones addicted to the power trip or those with blind ambition despite any cost.
    We have far more to fear from a societal slippery slope than we do from anyone trying to force our current military into victimization of the populace at large. The military today could easily understand such actions would be in contradiction with the Constitution. But if we allow guns and gun ownership to be slowly eroded and demonized in society as a whole, then our activities would slowly but surely be seen as less and less moral, ethical, legal and yes, constitutional in the eyes of society. There's no escaping the fact that the ranks of our military are drawn from our society. If they no longer view gun ownership or use as legal or constitutional, then the barriers we see today against possible military use against gun owners will very likely no longer exist (I stress "possible" due to may barriers against use of the military against civilians). I personally believe that if our rights eroded to that point then this country would already be far less free than it is today, and gun ownership would be just one of many dire predicaments we would be faced with by that time. Nevertheless, our priority isn't to worry about the military today. Our priority is to insure guns hold their rightful place in society by countering the false propaganda of the antigunners and leftists politicians who want to take away our rights and usurp the principles the founders established this country on. As long as we can preserve the truth and those principles, the military won't be a worry. There is often cause to worry about erosion of the principles our founders established for our government. It's doubtful we'll see any reduction of those worries anytime soon. But if the polls are to be believed, even the polls by the left leaning media, the antigunners are not winning the current battle for the minds of society.
    Obama?s Misfire on Gun Control | National Review Online
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

10. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    some will many won't, you do realize that the boys are trained to follow orders now and think about it, never
    The Milgram experiment showed us just how similar we are to those in Nazi Germany. We hold ourselves to a higher standard but we've seen that when someone of authority gives us orders to do something we wouldn't normally do, we still follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    All they have to do is make the troops scared enough, and they will shoot.

I remember Kent State, NG Troops shot college students in cold blood because they felt they were in danger. History has a nasty habit of repeating itself when we refuse to learn from history.
    Sort of agree... but there is one difference. Myself and some others will be shooting back. THAT is a huge difference.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast