gun confiscation starts in illinois todat! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gun confiscation starts in illinois todat!

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger5 View Post
    I will call the state ATT office and see if they are confiscating guns from people on the FOID list. Lets see who is right!
    Irresponsible Post!!! They have a unit that is confiscating GUNS!!! that is the truth. no matter what you call it that's what they are doing.You sound like a gun control NUT I don't care what aiti's love or not they want this confiscation for any reason. you must be a troll! you must be a anti gun nut. The police are taking guns on a list. make it easy to do there is this list with gun owners on it and the police go to your house and take your guns!! That's confiscating. Yes they have been trying to take guns from the mid - 90's the foid list and the fed list lets them do that. I think it should be a rallying cry. reasonable laws ??? there should be no list of gun owners that the power that be could take and confiscate guns from. NO way!!! that's what we were saying all along. You give the GOV a gun owners list and they will use it to take guns. AFTER WE GET C,CARRY WE SHOULD GO AFTER THE FOID CARDS!!
    So back it up with some facts, first hand reports of people that have followed the rules and had their guns confiscated.

As mentioned by others, it would be all over the NRA site and other gun advocate sites. Yet a google search comes up with exactly the same unsubstantiated cry going back over a decade.

Additionally, searching the Illinois forum here produces zero posts about guns being confiscated.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    sources? cites? You mention TV and newspaper, yet don't say which TV news and which newspaper. Please reference your sources.
    I have been searching and searching for any evidence to the OP. The most recent news reference that I found was from 5 years ago:
    Chicago Cops Could be Subject to Gun Sweeps, Group Says | CNS News

Most of what I found were rants on other forums during the early 2000's.

Again, OP, could you please cite YOUR sources of something more recent than 5 years ago.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I have many friends and extended family in the Chicago Cook county area and they have not said anything about this. They would be screaming if this was happening. Have we a troll who is trying to stir the pot?
    Most likely, at the time of my reply he has only 13 posts to his name and several of them are in this thread..... the troll is lurking.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Just think how different the last election might have been if poll taxes and poll tests were still legal. A right can't be taxed or restricted. And that is what the FIOD does.
    poll taxes would be illegal, poll testing would be a legal and good thing, just like they (libertards) want to check on mental health competency for gun ownership I think that a simple test for mental competency would limit a lot of the vote fraud.

Back to guns, I don't know if a fee is charged for the IL foid card in NJ the similar type card is issued free of charge however I believe they are charging a fee for a "permission to buy/purchase order" which I believe is illegal on many levels. here in FLA we pay around $117 for a 7 year period for our concealed carry permits, legal? I don't know

those are my opinions, I do not play a lawyer or politician on TV and I did not stay in any hotel last night and lastly YMMV

do you guys not know anything? if it is on the internet, it's the unadulterated truth!!! since that statement is now on the internet as well, it has to be true too!

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    poll taxes would be illegal, poll testing would be a legal and good thing, just like they (libertards) want to check on mental health competency for gun ownership I think that a simple test for mental competency would limit a lot of the vote fraud.

Back to guns, I don't know if a fee is charged for the IL foid card in NJ the similar type card is issued free of charge however I believe they are charging a fee for a "permission to buy/purchase order" which I believe is illegal on many levels. here in FLA we pay around $117 for a 7 year period for our concealed carry permits, legal? I don't know

those are my opinions, I do not play a lawyer or politician on TV and I did not stay in any hotel last night and lastly YMMV
    If open carry for free was allowed here, then I'd say yes. But as it isn't, then no. The difference is that Florida says no to open carry in public in most cases. And then charges for the CW&FL. That removes the legal right to "bear arms" and turns it into a privilege with restrictions.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I am sure they are talking about taking guns from the criminals on the streets, sorry, just read IL.

9. Good day folks the source of the gun confiscation was on cbs. and in the Illinois carry.com forum under Patriots and Tyrants there is a link
    I believe I got it right here so it,s
    http://chicago.cbslo-ked-foid-cards
    April 30 2013
    CBS reported it and
    I called the cook co police they say there is still a unit that checks if people have guns w expired Foid cards and they do take guns. I reported what I believed was the truth and there are police in ill confiscating guns from the FOID list. that's what I said and the police say they are.
    The article is on Illinoiscarry.com that website to follow if I have the website address wrong.
    I am not a troll I saw the report and put it on here. read it yourself. To be called a troll is kinda hurtful from people who I thought were protective of the 2A. I did not lie I report what I saw because I did not see anyone talking about it on here, were you guys unaware of it. did it not get cover in the news? I was concerned because no one was talking about it and I was thinking this is bad. Forget to renew your FOID card and they come get your guns!! I called you guys nut and trolls cause you call me one. but that's not a good idea we have to stick together so I am sorry cause you seem not care about it that people who forget get their guns taken I understand now you wanted the source and I should have written it down and posted it and then you could see what I was upset about, cause that's what I should do.
    BUT I am not a poor step child you should have given me time to correct the matter before the name calling I made a mistake and here is what I saw. I do not think we will ever meet so have a nice day cause if we were face to face and you talk like that to me I would make a second mistake. your first.
    EXCOP
    MARINE SGT VET,
    COACH
    I will fight to protect myself and my family
    Hell I would fight just to see you bleed.

Ah yes, guns are being confiscated from criminals, that have apparently broken a law that revokes their right to own guns, and probably even to vote, or serve on a jury.

CHICAGO (CBS) — As part of an overall crackdown on illegal gun ownership, Cook County sheriff’s deputies found one person was still in possession of 20 weapons despite having his firearms ID revoked, officials said Tuesday.
    In the past seven weeks, deputies have seized 83 guns and 106 revoked Firearm Owners Identification Card (FOID) from individuals prohibited from possessing the card under state and federal law, according to a new release from the sheriff’s department.

Sheriff Seizes Guns From Owners With Revoked FOID Cards « CBS Chicago

And physical threats toward another poster. Really
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Ah yes, guns are being confiscated from criminals, that have apparently broken a law that revokes their right to own guns, and probably even to vote, or serve on a jury.

CHICAGO (CBS) — As part of an overall crackdown on illegal gun ownership, Cook County sheriff’s deputies found one person was still in possession of 20 weapons despite having his firearms ID revoked, officials said Tuesday.
    In the past seven weeks, deputies have seized 83 guns and 106 revoked Firearm Owners Identification Card (FOID) from individuals prohibited from possessing the card under state and federal law, according to a new release from the sheriff’s department.

Sheriff Seizes Guns From Owners With Revoked FOID Cards « CBS Chicago

And physical threats toward another poster. Really
    holy ****...actual facts...and facts that show there's a legit reason for the actions being taken. /end internets

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast