2nd ala the Lone Star State!

Thread: 2nd ala the Lone Star State!

Exclamation 2nd ala the Lone Star State!

Texas school district to let teachers carry guns Fri Aug 15.
    Fox News.
    FOXNews.com - Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
    A Texas school district will let teachers bring guns to class this fall, the district's superintendent said on Friday, in what experts said appeared to be a first in the United States.
    The board of the small rural Harrold Independent School District unanimously approved the plan and parents have not objected, said the district's superintendent, David Thweatt.
    School experts backed Thweatt's claim that Harrold, a system of about 110 students 150 miles northwest of Fort Worth, may be the first to let teachers bring guns to the classroom. Thweatt said it is a matter of safety. "We have a lock-down situation, we have cameras, but the question we had to answer is, 'What if somebody gets in? What are we going to do?" he said. "It's just common sense."
    Teachers who wish to bring guns will have to be certified to carry a concealed handgun in Texas and get crisis training and permission from school officials, he said. Recent school shootings in the United States have prompted some calls for school officials to allow students and teachers to carry legally concealed weapons into classrooms. IMHO, maybe students (what age/state laws?) who can pass the very same training and certification as a teacher but only then & with caveats of maturity it is hard to measure with any test but real crisis.
    The U.S. Congress once barred guns at schools nationwide, but the U.S. Supreme Court struck the law down, although state and local communities could adopt their own laws. Texas bars guns at schools without the school's permission.
    Having been to SA more than a few times there R good & not so good schools. Taught ROTC cadets on Ft. Sam Houston, college-bound, not gang bangers, not a big problem! I can think of a lot of much worse 'schools/combat-zones' where a life insurance policy will insure a 2-pack a day smoker with a rap-sheet of aggravated assault, sexual misconduct, rape, and drug use by teachers where U can get a $50K policy but not if your job involves being a teacher/security-guard/social-worker (all rolled into one job description: Teacher or teachers aid) and U R running 80+ hours a week just to teach kids (many who have no desire to learn) who run or R part of gangs inside and outside of school, pass in & out of lax security with who knows who packing pistols to knives to dope, where a teacher may need a weapon just to make it to his/her car or find a 'welcoming party' waiting for them in the bathroom, or break-up a gang-rumble in the hallways as part of a job description that has some wearing body armor and dealing with juvenile criminals who cap your ass for telling them to return to their seats or stop text-ing on your cell. This may sound harsh but a methed-out 15-y/o with a gun and a temper trigger set to explode if the 'man' gets in their face, then shooting that juvie psych as they draw, and stick a gun into the room makes a potent point and takes one less BK out of the long road to say Marion, IL. Dead innocent teacher c/o some 14 y/o shooter with numerous priors and unless tried as an adult will prolly waltz out of that rap free on a technicality, or with some parole/community service that ties up plenty of folks to even make this animal comply to those E-Z ways to punish a juvie perp and make him or her comply to a bed-check or stay away from driving a car he/she is not allowed near let alone behind the wheel of one. So into the 'reform' grinder they go with a 1st time lo-security county 'farm' work-release program out and clean sheet in 2-3 years. Time off for 'good behavior', or in plain English most of the guards and inmates are too scared of this psycho-killer pubescent miscreant and his operational kin/M8's outside who will go look up a loved one leaving them a statistic to give him/her anything else = this kid is running the school or parts of it, they go down, add 1 new bed-space freed-up for the next kid-killer with a shooter waiting to fill that space. Better than the Army, 3 years teaches this person plenty of acquired new felonious skills to use on the sheeple who statistically R the first real money that person will get from, add many more way-dangerous connections than when they entered, in a gang for life and a menace to society where ever he/she goes, until maybe a cop's bullet ends that career soon or this new con pulls a premeditated murder-1, puts them in for life without parole and joins the record 7 million people—or one in every 32 American adults behind bars in 2006 (more now), on probation or on parole and mixing with some older/slicker cons who will train Jr how to move up from liquor stores to car-jacking, extortion and if lucky and covers their tracks maybe more money by age 30 than an honest hard-working person earns in a life-time. Let many out and they will B back for the only life they know and jail becomes an occupational hazard for the BG who will kill again. 2nd time always easier than the 1st, or so I hear. Then folks ask me dumb **** questions like why I pack or even legally own guns, when I could call 911 and hope a cop can beat a bullet with my name on it into my chest, so as the sheep-dog kinda fella I am, I don't seek these very dangerous ****-heads out, they however will probably eventually find me responsibly obeying every law that keeps me legal out for a walk, in a store or on a highway but that permit, the weapon it lets me keep out of sight and use only as a very last resort gives me that edge that as I walk around any place 1 in EVERY 32 folks I see are probably thinking what kind of scam they can catch me with and a dead me is a lot easier to rob than an alive/alert, sober and trained me returning fire in self defense! Just a 'why-I-carry' post in case anyone thinks they too may be thinking somewhat like me, or maybe I should just let it bother someone else, not me. My hat off to Harrold Independent School District, Texas for some 'don't mess with Texas' proactive thinking turned into status-quo. Hope that migrates out to every school that has the need to turn it's teachers into equalizers.

Canis-Lupus
    Last edited by Canis-Lupus; 08-17-2008 at 02:45 AM.

+1 CL.
    Heeeal yeah,
    Don't mess with Texas!
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Of course we know that this isn't the end of this if the Brady's ave anything to say about it. They're going to insist that more gun control, which failed to stop any of the previous school shootings in this country, is the answer.

smart move on texas' part
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Needs to go across country lines

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Needs to go across country lines
    Hah! Fat chance!