Dad legally open carries his loaded sidearm into his daughters school

Thread: Dad legally open carries his loaded sidearm into his daughters school

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Exclamation Dad legally open carries his loaded sidearm into his daughters school

The video shows the armed father entering the elementary school and later he is actually standing inside the school hallway with his loaded .45-cal. handgun strapped on to his hip.
    According to the father, his daughter and the other students didn’t even seem to notice that he was armed.
    “Notice the lack of pandemonium from the gun,” the caption in the video reads as children enjoy the book fair.

Exercise Your Rights.

Michigan Dad Decides to Open Carry .45-Cal. Handgun at His Daughter?s School to Make a Point: ?Notice the Lack of Pandemonium From the Gun? | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

3. CCW and schools

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    The video shows the armed father entering the elementary school and later he is actually standing inside the school hallway with his loaded .45-cal. handgun strapped on to his hip.
    According to the father, his daughter and the other students didn’t even seem to notice that he was armed.
    “Notice the lack of pandemonium from the gun,” the caption in the video reads as children enjoy the book fair.

Exercise Your Rights.

Michigan Dad Decides to Open Carry .45-Cal. Handgun at His Daughter?s School to Make a Point: ?Notice the Lack of Pandemonium From the Gun? | Video | TheBlaze.com
    I thought it was illegal to carry in schools in most jurisdictions?

ezkl2230 Guest
    Yup. Michigan is an open carry state, and under the gun free school zones act exemption, if you have a CPL issued by a state that requires background checks as part of the application process you can openly carry in a legally-designated gun free zone - including schools. You can't CC with a CPL in a PFZ, but you can OC.

Yeah, I know.

Doesn't make much sense, but there is it.

A young man OC'd to his polling place at a Grand Rapids public school last year during the primaries, and the school officials went absolutely nuts. Tried to press charges, but the county prosecutor and the MI State Police both said he was within his rights because he had a CPL.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Yup. Michigan is an open carry state, and under the gun free school zones act exemption, if you have a CPL issued by a state that requires background checks as part of the application process you can openly carry in a legally-designated gun free zone - including schools. You can't CC with a CPL in a PFZ, but you can OC.

Yeah, I know.

Doesn't make much sense, but there is it.

A young man OC'd to his polling place at a Grand Rapids public school last year during the primaries, and the school officials went absolutely nuts. Tried to press charges, but the county prosecutor and the MI State Police both said he was within his rights because he had a CPL.
    I would love to be able to open carry at my kids elementary school, but Texas does not allow it by law as far as I know.
    These friggin Gun Grabbing LibTards have even infected the Lone Star State.....Sad.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Make sure you carefully check your state rules. In WA with a CPL I can drop off, or pick up my kids at the curb at the school. I can NOT go into the buildings.

Interesting video. Boring also, boring meaning the experiment was successful.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I would love to be able to open carry at my kids elementary school, but Texas does not allow it by law as far as I know.
    These friggin Gun Grabbing LibTards have even infected the Lone Star State.....Sad.
    MI is open carry by exception. The only reason we have the right to carry openly is because the legislature has never gotten around to limiting or outlawing it. Gov. Snyder came close to accomplishing that during the last legislative session with compromise language he insisted on seeing included in SB 59 in exchange for his signature that would have outlawed open carry. Instead, Newtown happened two days before the final vote on the bill was scheduled, and he decided to veto it. So not only did he not succeed in outlawing OC, he also finally showed his hand as a Bloomberg supporter.

I liked the secretary's first words... "do you realize how much fear you will put into these kids".... then afterwards she's joking with the guy because ummm.. yeah a holstered weapon doesn't do anything but sit tight and be polite. duhhhhhhhhh!!!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Wow, you mean a law abiding citizen carried into a school... and it didn't jump out of a holster on it's own and go full auto???!!!!! I thought guns were supposed to be evil? Kudos to the firearm for being so well behaved.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Make sure you carefully check your state rules. In WA with a CPL I can drop off, or pick up my kids at the curb at the school. I can NOT go into the buildings.
    In VA, you can drive onto school property armed, with a CCW, but you can't get out of the vehicle.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright