Ammunition Management for More Obtainability (AMMO) Act of 2013

Thread: Ammunition Management for More Obtainability (AMMO) Act of 2013

Ammunition Management for More Obtainability (AMMO) Act of 2013

Sens. Jim Inhofe, and Rep. Frank Lucas, both Oklahoma Republicans, have introduced in their respective chambers the Ammunition Management for More Obtainability (AMMO) Act of 2013.

The bill, according to a statement from Sen. Inhofe, would require the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to conduct a report on the purchasing of ammunition by federal agencies, except the Department of Defense, and its effect on the supply of ammunition available to the public.

Learn more: US senators introduce bill to prevent government departments from stockpiling ammo

Even though alot of sources deny the government stockpiling, I think this law is a good thing. The run on ammo is all perception. People believe the government is buying it all, people believe new laws will limit gun and ammo purchases so they buy as much as possible.

If people perceive the government is limited in their purchasing, it may lessen the demand for panic buying and stockpiling by the consumer, whether or not the problem even exists.

All I know is that it's about time more ammo started appearing.

New guy here, with my first post.

I agree, it would be nice if ammunition was on the shelf once again. As a former motorcycle safety instructor, we taught our students, "Perception IS reality" meaning whatever you perceive to be true at that moment, is true, TO YOU.

I doesn't matter if the government is stockpiling ammunition or not, all that matters to me is, whatever is happening, it has a dramatic affect on ammunition availability in my area. I'd like to get some practice done and resume hunting again.

For my hunting needs, I use my Winchester Model 70 (Pre-64) in .30-06 and carry a .357-magnum revolver or my .40-cal pistol as backup. NONE of these three calibers is available in my area. This situation has gone way beyond ridiculous, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by IDMooseMan View Post

I agree, it would be nice if ammunition was on the shelf once again. As a former motorcycle safety instructor, we taught our students, "Perception IS reality" meaning whatever you perceive to be true at that moment, is true, TO YOU.

I doesn't matter if the government is stockpiling ammunition or not, all that matters to me is, whatever is happening, it has a dramatic affect on ammunition availability in my area. I'd like to get some practice done and resume hunting again.

For my hunting needs, I use my Winchester Model 70 (Pre-64) in .30-06 and carry a .357-magnum revolver or my .40-cal pistol as backup. NONE of these three calibers is available in my area. This situation has gone way beyond ridiculous, IMHO.
    Welcome to the forums IDMooseMan. I agree the situation is ridiculous. I had about a 2 years store in most of my calibers prior to the SandyHook shooting. I'm fortunate for keeping extra on-hand. But this has taught me one thing... maybe I should have had 3 or 4 years stock on hand. *shrugs* Food for thought to all gun owners. However, don't try to get that stock all at once... let it grow over time... PLEASE! :)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by IDMooseMan View Post

.30-'06 is the only one we don't have in stock. We expect another 4500 rounds of .40 S&W in two weeks but it is spoken for already. By 3 students getting ready for the police academy. Yes, that is how much they will burn thru in class. But unlike the DHS purchasing of JHP ammo, all of this has to be 180gr FMJ.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

For you NON believers: GAO investigating the DHS ammo purchases that liberal media still says do not exist
    GAO investigating the DHS ammo purchases that liberal media still says do not exist