Illinois foid card

Thread: Illinois foid card

1. Illinois foid card

There is a post on the truth about guns website called Illinois foid card frustration I hope you will look at it's by a Dan Zimmermen ( no connection to The other guy) Please read it.
    and if you can post the link on here somewhere I am too old to know how to do that (retire cop) I can point and click don't know how to link address.
    Thanks. It's a good read on the FOID card.

I'm so glad I moved out of that state 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dustoffuh1 View Post
    I'm so glad I moved out of that state 6 years ago.
    Outstanding!

As for FOID. What a complete waste of money and resources
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

5. The 2A is a right Illinois Foid card should be done away with. I think its unconstitutional and I hope the NRA will prove this after they get the Shall Issue bill in ILL. I posted a thread about confiscations from the FOID list. There should not be a list of gun owners. A check to see if you can own a gun then you get your gun. If you become a felon then you go to jain and lose your guns. get arrested w a gun after that you go to jail. There should not be a person going to jail because he has a expired FOID card they should not exist. register your mouth for the 1st Amendment, register what church you go to, register who you vote for?

6. Thanks for telling me how to link.

7. There's a couple lawsuits over the FOID card, one challenging the whole requiring parental permission if you're between 18 and 20 that's a slam dunk. Now we're dealing with Chitcago trying to screw us on a carry bill and AG Madigan using the threat of a cert petition to leverage a bad bill. Take it to SCOTUS, Liiiisa! Bloomberg will be having puppies heh. He'll make it his life's work to destroy her if she loses...when she loses.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I remember way back when I was in Illinois. I had moved there from New Hampshire.
    I ran into financial difficulties and sold my guns before I went to Illinois.
    Once I was up and running again, I went to a local gun store. I asked the gentleman if I could "fondle" a Glock 22 .40 cal.
    He pulls it out of the cabinet and as he lays it down, he asks me for my FOID card.
    I then in turn ask what a FOID card is. At that point, he snatched up the Glock and puts it away. I ask him what's wrong and he tells me that without a FOID card, I'm not even allowed to touch the gun!
    I proceed to laugh out loud and ask if he's pulling my chain.
    Nope... Dead serious. No FOID, no touch!
    I went through the procedure and acquired my FOID card but the town I was in had a local ordinance that did not allow handguns, just long guns!
    That was a waste of my time. I then learned there is no CC in the state so I said screw it. I never bothered to by a weapon of any kind.
    I was only there for six years though before I saved up enough money to move back to New Hampshire. I've never looked back since then.
    Illinois really does bite the big one!

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger5 View Post
    There is a post on the truth about guns website called Illinois foid card frustration I hope you will look at it's by a Dan Zimmermen ( no connection to The other guy) Please read it.
    and if you can post the link on here somewhere I am too old to know how to do that (retire cop) I can point and click don't know how to link address.
    Thanks. It's a good read on the FOID card.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger5 View Post
    My brother who lives in Batavia is having this very problem. As of May 1st his FOID card expired and he started the process Feb. 9th, so much for 30 days.
    Thanks for the post and I sent my brother the link for his reference, thanks.
    Dog.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

10. Yea I'm a member over at IllinoisCarry and we have a thread dedicated to FOID wait times. They've been jacking FFLs around too. One FFL won't get his FOID renewed in time and the ISP suggested he shut down his business until he gets a renewal. He has a 01 FFL, yeah the BATFE hands those out like candy. Other people got renewal notices a day before their card expired. It's out of control and they outsource printing of cards to a company in Indiana. They only have like 4-5 people working in the office.

Tell your brother to call his state rep and/or senator (hopefully its not Madigan) or if he has time (like an hour), call the ISP FOID line. It's incredible, call them and ask about it and they magically have your application in hand and are looking at it as they speak. Card mails out a few days later. It's been taking the ISP longer to process FOID apps that it does for Florida to process CHL apps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD