It's not over
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's not over

It's not over

In disgust I post this news release

Behind-the-scenes dealing over reviving stalled gun control legislation will get a push next week when Sen. Joe Manchin, a strong proponent of expanding background checks, plans to meet individually with lawmakers, a Senate source tells CNN.
    The key question the conservative West Virginia Democrat wants answered is whether a "minimal change" to a compromise background check proposal that he co-authored but which failed to gain enough support in a vote last month would entice more senators to support it, the source said.
    Since the proposal he negotiated with Republican Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania faltered, senators who voted against it have been hounded in their states during the current recess by outside proponents of expanding background checks.
    Sen. Kelly Ayotte has been the most high-profile target of such confrontations. The New Hampshire Republican was questioned at an event by Erica Lafferty, the daughter of Dawn Hochsprung, a school principal slain in the Newtown massacre last December.

Senator still trying to find votes for background checks - CNN.com

Incrementally these progressive liberal gun grabbers will end up with what they want. Been working this way for years. We do it for the children, the old. the poor, for safety, on and on. No one cares until they get to something that effects them. Then you hear the screams, but it's too late. The day will come when we have compromised all our freedoms. Then what?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Incrementally these progressive liberal gun grabbers will end up with what they want. Been working this way for years. We do it for the children, the old. the poor, for safety, on and on. No one cares until they get to something that effects them. Then you hear the screams, but it's too late. The day will come when we have compromised all our freedoms. Then what?
    I'm not willing to compromise anymore even if it's for the children. What I am defending is for the children.

5. I will not comply and no one else should.

The left HAS to keep pushing on the BS legislation because they have absolutely no idea or agenda that would actually fix ANYTHING!

Of course it isn't over, not even close unless we can bludgeon them with the metaphorical sledge hammer of backlash and Constitutional law such that they are not only cowed but too infirm to stand or speak.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Why do they always do these backroom deals? If it's something good they should not try and hide what they are doing.

9. If these peoples will spend as much time trying to get more laws enforceing the ones we have things will be a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Why do they always do these backroom deals? If it's something good they should not try and hide what they are doing.
    I do believe when we elect our representatives they leave with every intention of going to Washington and changing the way they do business. The dirty little secret is that once they get there they find out from the old dogs that there is a way that business gets done. They had better do as told if they want any level of success. They soon find out the backroom dealing is a way of life in Washington. The best we can do is listen to what they say then watch what they do. Next stop voting for incumbents. Politicians are like dirty diapers, they must be changed often. You can't keep putting the same people in power and expect different out comes.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I do believe when we elect our representatives they leave with every intention of going to Washington and changing the way they do business. The dirty little secret is that once they get there they find out from the old dogs that there is a way that business gets done. They had better do as told if they want any level of success. They soon find out the backroom dealing is a way of life in Washington. The best we can do is listen to what they say then watch what they do. Next stop voting for incumbents. Politicians are like dirty diapers, they must be changed often. You can't keep putting the same people in power and expect different out comes.
    I pretty much agree with you, fuhr, but it IS nice to see guys like Ted Cruz who really doesn't seem to care WHO he pisses off. When the lifetime politicos of his party claim that he doesn't "play nice" with others or is "uncivil," it tells me Cruz takes his job seriously. I want to see more of him.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast