50,000 armed insurgents gunned down in u.s. Capitol - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 50,000 armed insurgents gunned down in u.s. Capitol

I again have to mention the bonus army incident where regular army fired on war veterans and some of their families in Washington in 1932. Even though he was a progressive no one would think that Hoover was more aggressive than Obama. Obama has far less scruples than Hoover and would be far more likely to take military action against American Citizens. This Administration is just waiting for a violent incident. Being armed in Washington would appear to many government officials and a lot of civilians as an insurrection. This is not the way to win public support. We must think of the appearance of our actions even to idiotic uninformed sheep. The only people who think that violent actions are a good idea are those involved.

The founders of this country, with the exception of a few firebrands like Sam Adams and Thomas Paine, worked within the existing system for more that 15 years. We have a method to redress our grievances that the Colonials did not have. Serious actions require very serious deliberation. A stupid action at this time is going to have serious consequences for all of us. And yes, I still believe in standing up for my rights, just not stupid actions that will effect us all. We need to be on the side of justice and sanity. Allow the government to show their hand. Brutal and unconstitutional suppression will not win progressives any support. They must appear to be wrong side; and we must appear as the victims of intolerable government.

Blog Entries
    You know, Im just smarta$$ed enough to take a [email protected] axis, remove the receiver, and glue everything back on to the stock, without the receiver, and join this group. Lets face it, BATFE is very specific on what a firearm IS, so there would be a good argument over not being in possession of a firearm during court proceedings. Can you imagine if someone took an 80% receiver and only knocked out the holes required to put on the upper and pistol grip, leaving the rest filled in? I wonder if the arresting officer would have enough knowledge to be "Maternal copulator, this person is not carrying a firearm" At the very least it would give the officers a WTF moment!

Im sure that I would still be charged with disturbing the peace, or inciting a riot, or just general [email protected]$$ery, I still find the thought funny
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

The really funny part is that you really think you would get a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Drzzit View Post
    The article says open carry march, not open carry and LOADED.
    You need to read the second post.

"We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny,"
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Since carrying a loaded firearm is illegal in Washington DC, every one of these idiots could be arrested and if they are arrested and have a CCW permit, that permit could be revoked due to being arrested with a class 2 felony. I understand the emotion for the whole proceedings, but the possible outcome doesn’t justify putting people in harm’s way and creating something that can’t be taken back once it’s been done, this will only give Obama grounds to escalate his anti 2A agenda, if not declaring some sort of martial law.

Here's the most resent article on this march, I pray that no one gets hurt, but I can't see any good coming out of this, the way it's being done.

Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put The Government On Notice’

By Rebecca Leber on May 5, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.

It is not exactly clear whether Kokesh will carry through with the event, since he says it needs to reach a critical mass of 10,000 RSVPs first. However, the National Rifle Association is newly reenergized after the Senate filibuster of background check legislation.

Salon’s Alex Seitz-Wald notes that Kokesh has expressed increasingly radical views on his show and on Twitter. Just this week, he called for the abolishment of the U.S. government.

Generally, open carry demonstrations have occurred in places with weaker gun laws, as well as a litmus test for how far gun violence laws can be challenged. Most recently, a group of men brought their rifles to intimidate moms who rallied for action on gun violence. “Another group brought guns into a Virginia public library full of children, while demonstrators in Oregon brandished assault rifles in the State Capitol.

An empty magazine in public without the firearm is a felony in Washington. This would make you ineligible to own or purchase a firearm anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    It's total BS that anyone will be stripped of their firearm rights forever! This is just more propaganda that is designed to scare citizens into believing they are helpless subjects that are powerless to effect any change except what the LIBs will allow
    Last time I checked, convicted felons lost their right to possess guns, which means violating the DC gun law and getting arrested for it would indeed strip you of your gun rights. So there's no BS about snatale42's statement at all.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

2Awarrior Guest
    A group of idiots 10,000 strong is A LOT of idiots. I think his "critical mass" may be tough to achieve.

Still, it doesn't sound like the organizer of this "event" truly has any expectation of getting close to Washington, and is anticipating nothing more than succeeding in making a loud statement.

Let's hope that's all he does. We have a long way to go, and something like this going badly is not going to help our cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Last time I checked, convicted felons lost their right to possess guns, which means violating the DC gun law and getting arrested for it would indeed strip you of your gun rights. So there's no BS about snatale42's statement at all.
    The key word is "convicted". There's a lot of ground to cover from being arrested for peacefully expressing your civil rights to a felony conviction. Besides that, where is the manpower to arrest 10,000+ armed people going to come from?

It's just not going to happen folks. (As long as the participants remain peaceful in their action of civil disobedience.)

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast