Are ALL Telephone Calls Recorded?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are ALL Telephone Calls Recorded?

And lest you run out of things to worry about, now you can worry about the FBI recording every phone call you make. This is from a source in the U.K. You probably won't see it in any U.S. media.
    A quote from the article "Americans would be "stunned" to learn what the US government is doing in terms of secret surveillance."
    No. No I wouldn't. Not anymore.
    Are all telephone calls recorded and accessible to the US government? | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

NSA has teams and facilities attached to all major US cell carries. They aren't necessarily all recorded but most are intercepted and scanned for keywords that they deem could suggest a connection to terrorism. Would it surprise me if that system was being abused? Not even kind of.

I would guess texting and emailing is being recorded to a point also.
    Jason Le˛dhas

Quote Originally Posted by JLe˛dhas View Post
    I would guess texting and emailing is being recorded to a point also.
    And you would be right. I'm still wondering about telephone land lines. Probably so.

Makes me want to get one of those cell phone scramblers all the bad guys used in 24!
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

i guess you gotta get a iphone and just message other iphones .they cant read those messages....so they say.

I'm not much of a phone chatter. I hope they are listening.......my mother can talk for 45 minutes.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Wait till Utah is up and running NSA.

Does anyone have the updated list of "key words" they scan for?

I remember in the '60s when people would add the key words to every conversation just to mess with them. Like bombed, bang, etc.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Quote Originally Posted by nontechguy View Post
    Does anyone have the updated list of "key words" they scan for?

I remember in the '60s when people would add the key words to every conversation just to mess with them. Like bombed, bang, etc.
    LOL. Hadn't heard of that. You'd better hope if you do that, so do a ton of other people, otherwise the FBI will be paying a very unhappy visit to your house lol.

I doubt if they release the actual list but lots of them are pretty self explanatory. Just like the automated trading programs that caused the stock market to flash crash the other day when the AP twitter account was hacked saying there was a shooting at the WH and Obama was injured. They scan the digital headlines look for keywords indicating major events. Shooting, White House, President, Obama, and injured were all recognized and connected by the programs telling them to sell, sell, sell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast