Internet Sales Tax
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Sales Tax

Internet Sales Tax

As if we need to pay MORE taxes that politicians can waste. Here are the Republicans who voted in favor of the Internet Sales Tax in case you're interested. You can let them know what you think, if you like. Twenty-two Republicans sold us out yesterday and voted to tax sales on the Internet. They mostly had signed no tax pledges which they broke when they cast their votes.

They say that there is no difference between an Internet tax and a sales tax in the store. But they are wrong. With 11,000 separate tax jurisdictions and rates in the US, taxing sales online is a huge burden on net firms. And, government regulation, oversight, retaliation, and discipline will invade the Internet under the guise of collecting back taxes.

Click Here to sign the petition to ask your Congressman to vote against taxing the Internet and remember the names of the senators who betrayed their pledge!

Here they are:
    Alabama Sessions and Shelby
    Arizona McCain
    Arkansas Boozman
    Georgia Chambliss and Isakson
    Indiana Coats
    Maine Collins
    Mississippi Cochran and Wicker
    Missouri Blunt
    Nebraska Fischer and Johanns
    North Carolina Burr
    North Dakota Hoeven
    Ohio Portman
    South Carolina Graham
    South Dakota Thune
    Tennessee Alexander and Corker
    Wyoming Enzi
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

3. Yep, I agree so they can spend more money or pocket it.

As much as I hate taxes, if we are going to have state sales tax, exempting certain businesses does not make sense. All business should abide by the same rules of the state. Let the states compete. Don't like it, move to another state. Government can't pick winners and losers. If they are going to tax sales, tax all sales equally regardless of purchase from a block store or the internet.

Google has already started taxing purchases made in the Google Play Store. I noticed it the last couple of times I purchased songs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Sounds like a way to cause an undue hardship on online sellers. So if I sell something on eBay or craigslist I have to collect a sales tax now? Bleh
    -Austin

Burr from NC will be hearing, again, from me.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    As much as I hate taxes, if we are going to have state sales tax, exempting certain businesses does not make sense. All business should abide by the same rules of the state. Let the states compete. Don't like it, move to another state. Government can't pick winners and losers. If they are going to tax sales, tax all sales equally regardless of purchase from a block store or the internet.

Technically, any purchase that we make, we are supposed to make sure that our state receives its proper sales tax. The burden has always been on the consumer to do this, not the out-of-state business owner who may not know your state's tax rates. This bill forces the businesses to know every state, county AND local sales tax for every purchase across the entire country. This will annihilate small businesses. Only those superstores like Wally's world will be able to afford the accountants necessary to implement this correctly. Say goodbye again to small business.

It's not about moving, it's about small business and this administration trying to kill it. And your point of having "equal taxes" is another overreach of the Federal government on what the states do.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    This is quite possibly one of the most ignorant posts I have read yet to date.
    As a business I file my state taxes quarterly, whether I have made a single sale or not. Some businesses are required to file monthly.
    Imagine if you will, doing that for every state.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    This is quite possibly one of the most ignorant posts I have read yet to date.
    As a business I file my state taxes quarterly, whether I have made a single sale or not. Some businesses are required to file monthly.
    Imagine if you will, doing that for every state.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    If a consumer buys a widget from a brick and mortar store they pay a sales tax. Saying they should pay the same tax if they buy it from an online store is ignorant why?

You should not file for every state, file for the state you are based in, is the right way to do it. If I have a brick and mortar store in nv and someone buys a widget, I collect the tax for nv. If I have an online store based in nv, and someone buys the same widget, why should I not have to collect the same tax

Here is a teaching moment for any of you that are not in business for yourself.

Companies whether a fortune 500 or a work from home ebay seller DON'T PAY TAXES!!!! they collect them.......FROM YOU!!!!!!!
    Even though you hear that delightful beauty Hillary Clinton or the memorizing Barack Obama talk out taxing the corporations .
    Here is an example to teach.
    I live in New York State. If I sell my product from my website to a person in Ohio or any of the other 57 states. I don't have to charge them sales tax. It is their responsibility to report their internet purchases to their own state and pay the taxes themselves.
    If my customer happens to live in New York State. I then have to charge them 8% more than everyone else. Do I get to keep the extra 8%? NO! I have to file a quarterly statement reporting to New York the amount of my sales and how much of those sales were taxable. Then I have to send all those 8% surcharges that I collected to New York State. So in effect I am now just another tax collector for the state. Does it cost me money? Why yes because time is money. I have to keep records. I have to write and send checks etc. All are a cost of business.
    Whether it is sales tax or income tax. The Tax and the cost of collecting the taxes are a cost of of the product. Who pays that? You do when you purchase that product.

So the bottom line is this: When all of you youngins hear someone say "..and we need to raise the taxes of those big bad mean selfish corporations" what they are banking on is you are to stupid to know the truth and what they are really saying is that they are raising your taxes that the big bad mean selfish corporations are going to collect for them.
    Remember that when you are hooting and hollering for politician that is badmouthing the big bad mean selfish businesses. As they are listening to your cheers they are thinking to themselves, Man, these people are really stupid.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast