Need to find a National Gun Friendly or neutral newspaper.

Thread: Need to find a National Gun Friendly or neutral newspaper.

Need to find a National Gun Friendly or neutral newspaper.

As the title states, I am in need of a gun friendly or neutral national newspaper. Is there such an animal out there? I know it is most likely a pipe dream but I have to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhunter911 View Post
    As the title states, I am in need of a gun friendly or neutral national newspaper. Is there such an animal out there? I know it is most likely a pipe dream but I have to try.
    You might try The Washington Times.
    Washington Times - Politics, Breaking News, US and World News

Thank you! Any others?

5. I am a real journalist: BA in Journalism, a thesis shy of a Master's in journalism, and 30 years in the field.
    I am embarrassed for my profession.
    I recently read an article in that paragon of excellence, the Washington Post, and it was so packed with errors that I had to assume the entire thing was fabricated.
    I have friends that work at USA Today and NY Times. Even though we took the same classes at the same university and wrote for the same daily student newspaper (and, for some, real-live daily paper), they apparently took away a very different message. If my articles on cars had been as full of errors, I would have been booted. (And journalistic ethics was not, uh, a high priority for the owner of the publication.)
    One reason newspapers are so full of errors is that the journalists are fed errors. (I learned to hear what the car company flacks were NOT saying.) Did you hear a Boston PD spokesman say: "Yeah, it's really martial law, but we'd like to call it 'sheltering in place' so as not to panic folks. Yes, we are ignoring the Fourth Amendment. Yes, we did shoot that boat full of holes and send rounds flying around the neighborhood because our officers lack training or just panicked."
    I can't tell you the number of times that I had to explain that a .12-gauge shotgun would have to be carried by a battleship or that a .9mm would shoot a tiny needle. (Zero to glazed eyes in six seconds.) Hell, they didn't know the difference between a burglary and a robbery...and they don't take kindly to a sports writer explaining the difference.
    Another reason is that leftists are drawn to the profession: Back in my day, I was the only one in the newsroom who DIDN'T vote for George McGovern. The only people they know who didn't vote for Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, and Obama are the ones who voted for Ralph Nader or the Green Party candidate.
    This is all a long way of saying: It's up to you as a news consumer to read from multiple sources. Question EVERY word you read. Assume the writer doesn't know crap about the subject. (The first soccer game I ever saw, I covered for the newspaper.) Do not believe anything unless you can verify it yourself. Assume that the writer, however well intentioned, is being lied to, or not told the full truth. Everyone the writer speaks to has an agenda. (Tip: Do not speak to the media unless YOU have an agenda. People have told me things that their wives didn't know. And get professional media training before you speak.)
    Associated Press is the worst. They must write about everything. Unless things have changed, they either hire egomaniacs or teach hubris to their new hires...or both.
    Understand that journalists are paid almost nothing. And that's YOUR fault for demanding your news be free. You wanted free news, you're getting what you pay for.
    The Wall Street Journal is probably the best. Washington Times and Fox are good...though both have agendas, too.
    Reuters is okay. When you're calm, read the NTY and WaPo to see what the other side is saying. I've stopped reading USAToday. (Sorry, Fred.) Check out some of the British press. It's still possible to make a living as a journalist, there's strong competition, and their spouses don't work for CAGV.
    It's nearly impossible, but avoid things written in The City or The District: Those places are not in the United States.

the wall st journal is the fairest of the lot, yet I catch them slip in some propaganda on occasion

7. If you buy it your supporting it. I gave up long ago and rely on newsmax,national review and american rifleman.

Quote Originally Posted by SmackD View Post
    I am a real journalist: BA in Journalism, a thesis shy of a Master's in journalism, and 30 years in the field.
    I am embarrassed for my profession.
    I recently read an article in that paragon of excellence, the Washington Post, and it was so packed with errors that I had to assume the entire thing was fabricated.
    I have friends that work at USA Today and NY Times. Even though we took the same classes at the same university and wrote for the same daily student newspaper (and, for some, real-live daily paper), they apparently took away a very different message. If my articles on cars had been as full of errors, I would have been booted. (And journalistic ethics was not, uh, a high priority for the owner of the publication.)
    One reason newspapers are so full of errors is that the journalists are fed errors. (I learned to hear what the car company flacks were NOT saying.) Did you hear a Boston PD spokesman say: "Yeah, it's really martial law, but we'd like to call it 'sheltering in place' so as not to panic folks. Yes, we are ignoring the Fourth Amendment. Yes, we did shoot that boat full of holes and send rounds flying around the neighborhood because our officers lack training or just panicked."
    I can't tell you the number of times that I had to explain that a .12-gauge shotgun would have to be carried by a battleship or that a .9mm would shoot a tiny needle. (Zero to glazed eyes in six seconds.) Hell, they didn't know the difference between a burglary and a robbery...and they don't take kindly to a sports writer explaining the difference.
    Another reason is that leftists are drawn to the profession: Back in my day, I was the only one in the newsroom who DIDN'T vote for George McGovern. The only people they know who didn't vote for Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, and Obama are the ones who voted for Ralph Nader or the Green Party candidate.
    This is all a long way of saying: It's up to you as a news consumer to read from multiple sources. Question EVERY word you read. Assume the writer doesn't know crap about the subject. (The first soccer game I ever saw, I covered for the newspaper.) Do not believe anything unless you can verify it yourself. Assume that the writer, however well intentioned, is being lied to, or not told the full truth. Everyone the writer speaks to has an agenda. (Tip: Do not speak to the media unless YOU have an agenda. People have told me things that their wives didn't know. And get professional media training before you speak.)
    Associated Press is the worst. They must write about everything. Unless things have changed, they either hire egomaniacs or teach hubris to their new hires...or both.
    Understand that journalists are paid almost nothing. And that's YOUR fault for demanding your news be free. You wanted free news, you're getting what you pay for.
    The Wall Street Journal is probably the best. Washington Times and Fox are good...though both have agendas, too.
    Reuters is okay. When you're calm, read the NTY and WaPo to see what the other side is saying. I've stopped reading USAToday. (Sorry, Fred.) Check out some of the British press. It's still possible to make a living as a journalist, there's strong competition, and their spouses don't work for CAGV.
    It's nearly impossible, but avoid things written in The City or The District: Those places are not in the United States.
    So according to what you said, we shouldn't trust YOU either? :)

I joke... thank you for being has open as you were to a profession that used to have high honor and scruples and has fell into the gutter over the years. I'm sure there are still those like yourself who believe that if you are to do a job, you do it to the best of your ability.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)