Magpul stops making gun magazines in Colorado

Thread: Magpul stops making gun magazines in Colorado

Magpul stops making gun magazines in Colorado

Magpul stops making gun magazines in Colorado | Fox News
    Boulder's Daily Camera reports that the company plans to reveal more details, including a possible new headquarters location, after the National Rifle Association's annual meeting in Houston this weekend.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

That's a report over a week old. Magpul's FB page doesn't seem to give out any substantial information at this time. Just that negotiations and discussions with various states continue.

Anyone seen any factual information on where they've moved any production so far?
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Sweet. Hopefully all that will be left of oppressive liberal states will be the unemployed.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Springfield Armory... Illinois..... Remington... New York...... S&W.... Massachusetts

Those companies haven't left their oppressive states. In fact, Remington (after the NY magazine bill) stated it would stay for several reason, but the one I admired the most was because of its workers. It'll be a shame if Magpul leaves or diminishes its operations in CO considerably because that will leave workers who most likely aren't liberal anti-gunners out of work.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Springfield Armory... Illinois..... Remington... New York...... S&W.... Massachusetts

Those companies haven't left their oppressive states. In fact, Remington (after the NY magazine bill) stated it would stay for several reason, but the one I admired the most was because of its workers. It'll be a shame if Magpul leaves or diminishes its operations in CO considerably because that will leave workers who most likely aren't liberal anti-gunners out of work.
    If they come here, the workers can relocate to less crime and only 185 miles from family (I know that's a long distance from a New England view of reference, but out here we don't think twice about it -- our school sports teams go 100-150 miles one way for regular season games)

Quote Originally Posted by cwm1611 View Post
    If they come here, the workers can relocate to less crime and only 185 miles from family (I know that's a long distance from a New England view of reference, but out here we don't think twice about it -- our school sports teams go 100-150 miles one way for regular season games)
    But if we pull all the 2A advocates from these state (people and companies), these states will become even more oppressive. I agree, living in a state that respects your 2A rights is a blessing, but these other states need all the help they can get.

It's a double edged sword. Do you stay and fight the good fight or do you leave for greener pastures?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Right or Wrong they deserve our respect for their conviction.

I see no sword involvment regarding their decision to move their production facilities out of the State Of Colorado.
    What I see is a company without any say by vote in the government that has restricted their abilities to make the same profits as they did before the new law was passed.
    Companies have been moving looking for greener patures for decades and most always driven by greed for profit only. I see this company moving because of principle, their belief in the rule of law (The Constitution) and their having certain protections because of that rule of law. Since the State of Colorado has chosen to restrict those rights and infringe upon those protections they have chosen to move away from that government intervention. An action that is going to be an expense that they will never be able to recoup and with that in mind they have my respect for making such a decision and standing their ground by following that decision and making the move.
    We The People must respect conviction, we are asking the citizenry to have conviction and yet this company shows some and there are people who deem this company in the wrong for following their decision based on conviction.
    YOU can't have it both, choose one and stand with it to the end.
    Dog
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

I spoke to the Magpul guys at the NRA show and they were not talking about where they were moving. I would bet that Magpul offers all of their employees a job in the new location. With the principles they appear to have, I believe that they will treat their employees with respect.
    Certified NRA Instructor in Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Personal Defense in The Home, Personal Defense Outside the Home and Refuse to Be a Victim.
    Oklahoma Handgun License Instructor; NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA EVC, District 2, OK

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post

It would be a shame to see Magpul workers lose their jobs but it would also be an eye-opener to Liberal lawmakers and give notice that manufacturers are needed for the welfare of their state. Very little thought went into the repercussions of their knee-jerk legislation. The comments made by some of the lawmakers were utterly ridiculous in suggestions for one's self-defense and indicated a very retarded sense of responsibility to their citizens. Colorado is a beautiful state and a sportsman's paradise (or was) and generated much revenue from out of state sportsmen. There have already been hunters who said they would boycott this year. Wonder if the legislators will understand the loss of revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    It would be a shame to see Magpul workers lose their jobs but it would also be an eye-opener to Liberal lawmakers and give notice that manufacturers are needed for the welfare of their state. Very little thought went into the repercussions of their knee-jerk legislation. The comments made by some of the lawmakers were utterly ridiculous in suggestions for one's self-defense and indicated a very retarded sense of responsibility to their citizens. Colorado is a beautiful state and a sportsman's paradise (or was) and generated much revenue from out of state sportsmen. There have already been hunters who said they would boycott this year. Wonder if the legislators will understand the loss of revenue?
    While I agree that it would be bad for the people to lose their jobs, people deserve what they vote for. Perhaps every one of them did not vote for the morons who were in favor the anti-gun bills that their states passed but you do reap what you sow!!!!!!! I for one will not buy any of their products.