Bump in the Road?

Thread: Bump in the Road?

Bump in the Road?

This was sent to me by a retired Colonel in the form of a picture but I couldn't copy it to this post so I decided to type it.

Subject: Bump in the road?
    I don't know the author of this poem … received it today. Very thought provoking and poignant. I do recall, however, the President referring to the Benghazi incident as "a bump in the road."

The poem was written by a MARINE CORPS Officer (ANON).

The Battling Boys of Benghazi

We’re the Battling Boys of Benghazi
    no fame, no glory, no paparazzi.
    Just a fiery death in a blazing hell,
    defending the country we loved so well.

It wasn’t our job, but we answered the call,
    fought to the consulate, and scaled the wall.
    We pulled twenty countrymen from the jaws of fate,
    led them to safety, and stood at the gate.

Just the two of us, and foes by the score,
    but we stood fast to bar the door.
    Three calls for reinforcement, but all were denied,
    so we fought and we fought, and we fought till we died.

We gave our all for our Uncle Sam,
    but Barack Obama didn’t give a damn.
    Just two dead SEALS who carried the load,
    no thanks to us ..we were just “bumps in the road.”

This was posted on here a couple days ago. Must not have gotten much activity because I haven't seen it again. I think it's great. I would hope that this would be the first domino to fall but I'm not holding my breathe. They got a pass for Fast & Furious. The main stream media isn't about to turn on their hero unless we force them.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    This was posted on here a couple days ago. Must not have gotten much activity because I haven't seen it again. I think it's great. I would hope that this would be the first domino to fall but I'm not holding my breathe. They got a pass for Fast & Furious. The main stream media isn't about to turn on their hero unless we force them.
    fuhr: I had not seen this before today so I thought I would post it. I don't think it can be posted/read too many times. It is a damn shame that they were abandoned over a political race but is also indicative of how little is thought of men like them. I'd be willing to bet right now that nothing comes of the investigation into Benghazi and "they" will continue with business as usual. Please God, protect us from people of that ilk!!

Here is the picture/poem of which you speak..
    Bump in the Road?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368464955.852941.jpg

Charles, thanks for the picture and Grunt thanks for the post.
    Posted this too my facebook, everyone needs to see and read this.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    fuhr: I had not seen this before today so I thought I would post it. I don't think it can be posted/read too many times. It is a damn shame that they were abandoned over a political race but is also indicative of how little is thought of men like them. I'd be willing to bet right now that nothing comes of the investigation into Benghazi and "they" will continue with business as usual. Please God, protect us from people of that ilk!!
    Oldgrunt I fully agree and emailed this to everyone in my address book, it can't be read too many times. I too fear that this will fall by the way side as often happens when liberals are caught in the spot light. The main stream media was forced to take this up because Fox News wouldn't let go. We must keep this fire burning.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan